First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
Hey guys - I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and havent gotten any updates from the dealer. How long does it take to get a vin? Worried they dropped the ball.
Sponsored

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Hey guys - I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and havent gotten any updates from the dealer. How long does it take to get a vin? Worried they dropped the ball.
Unfortunately, unless YOU stay on THEM for updates, for the most part you won't hear anything...

Send them and email, call them or contact Jeep. Jeep has a phone line for the JL (don't have the number handy), email for the JL and a chat option on their website in the standard Contact Us section.

:like:

Updated: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-wrangler-jeep-customer-care-hotline.7649/

Link to thread with JL Phone Line and Email address

Oldtimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Ltd
I got a VON # the same Friday I ordered the vehicle, and the VIN# the following Monday. One business day to get my VIN.

KillaRubi

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
hmmm. I got the VON that day, but a week later i called the manufacturer and they didnt have record of it. They said it takes a few weeks... but if you got your VIN that quick then I'm guessing they messed up.

JEVZ1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Punk'N
Took delivery of my first JL Sahara exactly 30 days after ordering. My second JL Sahara (for my wife) was ordered on 05/02/2018 and it went into D1 status today.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TMM

First Name
TM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
ordered 2/3 with a dual top and took delivery 3/19 without the soft top. As of today still waiting for the soft top.

KillaRubi

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
I contacted my dealer yesterday and they said its scheduled to ship may 24th. not sure how long the delivery takes, but the info was encouraging.

JacquieK

First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Sr Software Development Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep arrived at the dealer this morning! I am excited, but they are saying it takes a full day to run thru service and clean up and I can't come get it until tomorrow afternoon. Is that normal? I was there when the truck was still unloading for my last car. My husband's Tundra too. I'm not that patient anymore!

Sponsored

CohuttaDen

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (on order)
I don't know how you guys waited so long... I ordered on April 24 and I am losing my mind. Not sure I am cut out for the factory order thing.

Does the factory run on Saturday / Sunday? Would be nice not to have to come get updates until monday....

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
I don't know how you guys waited so long... I ordered on April 24 and I am losing my mind. Not sure I am cut out for the factory order thing.

Does the factory run on Saturday / Sunday? Would be nice not to have to come get updates until monday....
It has been known to run on weekends occasionally in the past, but it has always been more the exception than rule...

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got my von day of order and vin 3 days later. Now 115 days later still D status and no Jeep built yet.

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
It has been known to run on weekends occasionally in the past, but it has always been more the exception than rule...
As far as I know, they don't update the statuses over the weekend. Mine went from D to D1, AND JB to KZ from Friday to Monday. I called on Friday, and would get the same status update as the day before. Then on Monday, they would tell me "it has been in KZ since Friday". I had to adopt the "It gets here when it gets here" attitude to keep my sanity. And, then, it got here :like:
Sponsored