Sponsored

Getting out of my lease early

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer I’ve been in contact with is offering $14,000 as a trade in for my GTI. Saying that $14k will be applied as a discount to my Jeep.

This can’t be right, right? It’s a lease. The $14k can’t be equity for me. That would go to VW right? The residual is slightly higher than $14k, so I would actually be in the red in that regard, right???

What am I not understanding?
Yes- anything less than residual will be basically negative equity that you will pay extra on the Jeep.
Sponsored

JeepJLNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid
Sounds like that value is if you purchase the GTI outright. If you just pay all the lease payments, you still don't own any part of the car, but you can at least walk away from it.

AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hi all... My last Jeep was a YJ, about 6 years ago, but I'm DYING to get into a JL Rubicon.

I'm currently one year away from the end of my lease of a 2015 VW GTI. I'd love to get out of it early but I'm not sure if it makes sense financially.

My monthly lease payment is $363.

I am in talks with a Jeep dealer right now and they say they can include trading my lease in into the deal... but I feel like this will cost me a lot in the long run.

Anyone have any pointers? Should I wait a few months? Will they be able to stretch the price of the Jeep to help me out and maybe meet in the middle? Does anyone who has done this have any pointers for me?

Thanks in advance.
you can buy your lease vehicle at anytime, now or at the end of your lease. Wranglers tend to hold their value very well. Check with the leasing company for your payoff amount. The same company could offer you financing, or any other company you May wish to use.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
*This is all hearsay* I've heard any major changes to Jeeps tends to come every 3-5 years, with models generally lasting 10 years, YJ 87-95 (major changes 92),TJ 97-06 (engine block/head change in 2000 or 01), JK 07-17 (unaware of any major changes), JL 18-present. If changes were to manifest, likely they would/should manifest by 2023. With that said, you have an entire model year to get through without changes, so I wouldn't rush. But at the same time, if you wait too long, you may encounter noticeable/major changes in the vehicle format.

Sponsored

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
Also, change isn't always a good thing

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
Fair enough. I'm just wondering if dealers are known to give an additional discount in order to make a sale that works for the buyer.

So for example, if I need them to take $2k off the price of the Jeep to get where I want to be price wise, will they typically do it?
your in NE reach out to Chapman in Horsham they will order you a jeep at 5% under invoice and probably make some $ on your lease to help. if you lease a 4xe CCAP will give you the $7500 as cap reduction up front
Sponsored