Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So I had my 13 cub scouts hiking in the desert last week and we rounded a corner... 😨
I actually took 2nd place in a Highlander games tournament 20 years ago. I had no idea what I was doing and never did any of the events until that day. With a little practice I am sure I could have won the tournament.

We have a Renaissance Festival back in Michigan and every time we go, Carla tells me no impulsive sword buying. Lol.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I actually took 2nd place in a Highlander games tournament 20 years ago. I had no idea what I was doing and never did any of the events until that day. With a little practice I am sure I could have won the tournament.

We have a Renaissance Festival back in Michigan and every time we go, Carla tells me no impulsive sword buying. Lol.
Don't overlook those hand made boots. So comfortable!

Still need a pair. :asshat:

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Don't overlook those hand made boots. So comfortable!

Still need a pair. :asshat:
The ones with like the long knife that come out of the front of the boots that are kicked under the sod so that you can lean back farther for the hammer throw?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The ones with like the long knife that come out of the front of the boots that are kicked under the sod so that you can lean back farther for the hammer throw?
Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. 1646863004235

I just wore a set on display for a few minutes and fell in love. So comfortable. But apparently even more so as they take exact measurements of your foot and make them just for you.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
if you expected it to "live up to the hype" from what you see on YouBoob, you were set up for disappointment.
if you expect that there are not people actively seeking young girls mixed in everywhere, you are set up for disappointment. (this i would have expected you to know better based on your professional experience; perhaps you just forgot not everyone is like that just because that's what you're seeing. we can hear things just as rude as the couple of things you showed painted on a trailer in most any locker room; doesn't mean everyone in there is like that.)

"full of garbage and trash"? much like parts of most any city. point being; much like most any city, not that way everywhere.
"people shitting everywhere"? i don't doubt it was possible you may have witnessed someone doing something like that, but that's still not the way it all is. for example, i know people that have worked out some pretty ingenious waste disposal systems there, typically using Peat Moss. (they're quite effective.) but again, it depends on who you're talking to/about.

depends on where you look, and what you're looking for, i guess. or perhaps you're over-sensitized to the ugly stuff; hard to know from here, and it's not really relevant. but frankly, it seems like you've focused on the negative; your report of conditions there over-generalized based on limited observation and i hope nobody takes it as representative of the entirety.

still sorry you didn't see better, and meet some more positive people; would have been nicer to see you enjoyed yourself!
I think Ted is being nice! I've been there twice (once for a funeral as my friend was stabbed to death by an escaped rapist) and it is an absolute fucking shit hole. There is no debate on that. Anyone that doesn't believe it....take a trip and see for yourself. Or perhaps...take a trip to San Francisco or Los Angeles for higher class shit holes.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i don't believe it; there clearly is room for debate (though i'm bored with it).
i second your suggestion; go see for yourself.

i've been there more than a couple of times, and stayed for more than a couple of days.

I think Ted is being nice! I've been there twice (once for a funeral as my friend was stabbed to death by an escaped rapist) and it is an absolute fucking shit hole. There is no debate on that. Anyone that doesn't believe it....take a trip and see for yourself. Or perhaps...take a trip to San Francisco or Los Angeles for higher class shit holes.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@wibornz One of those overland/vehicle-mounted shower enclosure/tents may be a solution for quick privacy. I don’t have room in our off-road trailer to completely stand up so this is going to be my next purchase for a quick area to change clothes/ladies restroom/etc. If you have room to mount it to the side of the trailer or roof rack. This is the cheapest one that I’ve found online.

Keep the posts coming!

https://kickassproducts.com/product...IJM72niDyB_8-iIC44tbfjWtkz-kcOGhoCLS4QAvD_BwE

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Love your trip notes and videos. Keep doing what you want to do and live the dream.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. 1646863004235

I just wore a set on display for a few minutes and fell in love. So comfortable. But apparently even more so as they take exact measurements of your foot and make them just for you.
I thought you where talking about these.

Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. 1646921877373

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Carla and I did some climbing while the other’s lounged in camp yesterday. We had almost 600 feet of elevation gain.
Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. 13027F9B-2EC7-4AEF-A8EE-CC82716FF002
Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. 02397CE1-8CBC-4B8D-9408-21A4143658C2
Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. F6F77796-8DB1-443F-BD1F-D781D84FEBF4
Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. F3F7CF3F-CE83-4E15-A317-A59706E2B4B4
Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. 6348494E-03A5-4A06-9EA0-9330EECC3F7E

We need to get moving. The weather is getting nicer and we should be movingsoon for some new views. We plan to wheel up to a Mesa today.

92A1E69F-18B1-4113-9C9E-2020980E3866.jpeg

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Carla and I did some climbing while the other’s lounged in camp yesterday. We had almost 600 feet of elevation gain.
Jeep Wrangler JL So it begins Michigan to the Mexico border to Alaska and back.  Three JLUR and campers. 92A1E69F-18B1-4113-9C9E-2020980E3866
I know we're on a Jeep forum and all, but hiking is great fun, great exercise, and consumes zero gasoline.

:rock: