Extending Clutch Pedal

t6788j1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLWrangler
Purchased a JL Sahara with manual transmission a week ago. Very happy with the vehicle. However, I have to have the seat too close for comfort in order to depress the clutch fully in order to start the vehicle - short legs. Wondering if anyone has a link for a clutch pedal extender, only need about 2", other than the expensive mobility devices. I can find relatively inexpensive ones for Mustangs, Vipers, etc.. but have had no luck with one made for a Wrangler.

Update 8/3/18:
I made a 2" extender out UHMW nylon and bolted it to the clutch pedal. Then secured an aftermarket clutch pedal pad.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for posting. I have the same issue. I'm about 5'8" and i would like to push the seat back further but i can't because of the clutch. It's the only thing bothering me about my new Jeep.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, another vertically challenged guy here, but I've encountered this mild annoyance with every manual tranny vehicle I've owned, not just Jeep. I play around with the steering wheel and seat adjustment, and eventually I find a sweet spot.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

What about something like this?

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Let me take a look on another forum I am on. I recall a year ago or so a lady had the same issue on a JK. I will see if I can find info from her. The pedals can’t be that much different, right? Anyone know?

Firefly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ
On Amazon, I just ordered "Best Gas and Brake Extender for Cars" by Source1Mobility. It is a set of two attachments - one extends the gas pedal and one extends the brake pedal for shorter people.

I ordered simply just to put the brake extender on my clutch pedal instead.
They arrived today and I just installed. So easy. Does a perfect job. Both attachments are fully adjustable. removed part of the middle bracket on brake pedal extender and it became the perfect length I needed for attaching rather to clutch pedal.

A bit pricey at $99 (have to buy the set) but worth it just to help relieve my foot fatigue from trying to stretch to push clutch all the way.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Purchased a JL Sahara with manual transmission a week ago. Very happy with the vehicle. However, I have to have the seat too close for comfort in order to depress the clutch fully in order to start the vehicle - short legs. Wondering if anyone has a link for a clutch pedal extender, only need about 2", other than the expensive mobility devices. I can find relatively inexpensive ones for Mustangs, Vipers, etc.. but have had no luck with one made for a Wrangler.
Best way is to get the seat and steering wheel relationship to the best for your liking and have someone measure how far you need or would like to extend your left leg to operate the clutch. Then have a competent mechanic remove the clutch pedal, Heat it and slightly bend it the small distance that you need it to compensate for your comfort. In most cases it is only an inch or two and because its the original pedal it is often not even noticeable. Good Luck

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
On Amazon, I just ordered "Best Gas and Brake Extender for Cars" by Source1Mobility. It is a set of two attachments - one extends the gas pedal and one extends the brake pedal for shorter people.

They arrived today and I just installed. So easy. Does a perfect job. Both attachments are fully adjustable. removed part of the middle bracket on brake pedal extender and it became the perfect length I needed for attaching rather to clutch pedal.

A bit pricey at $99 (have to buy the set) but worth it just to help relieve my foot fatigue from trying to stretch to push clutch all the way.
Looking at this for my daughter. I saw it before but didn’t order because the brake pedal seems too big for the clutch. It isn’t? Or do you use the one for the gas on the clutch? I’ll appreciate a little explanation. Very interested.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Go to a BIKE shop, they should have pedal adapter/extenders/w VELCRO/STRAP attachments--

Good luck

W.E.

JIMBO

Firefly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ

UPDATE LISTED BELOW

Firefly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ
Looking at this for my daughter. I saw it before but didn’t order because the brake pedal seems too big for the clutch. It isn’t? Or do you use the one for the gas on the clutch? I’ll appreciate a little explanation. Very interested.
Updater listed below

Firefly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ
UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS COMMENT REGARDING "BEST BRAKE PEDAL"

I no longer recommend.

Product is good. And, yes, the brake extender fits over the clutch pedal as it is not too big. But, after installing and using I removed and am returning.

Again, it's a good product. But, the added weight on the clutch pedal interfered with the sensors for the push-button-start and with the automatic start-stop feature. The vehicle would not start as it registered confusing messages reading that clutch Pedal was always engaged (when it wasn't). I removed extender and jeep is now working great.

So, I just taped a small, metal, lightweight box over clutch pedal and it's theneed solution. Adds 2 inches so my foot can push all way down. There ya have it - a $3 fix!
Sponsored