STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
I pick her up tomorrow afternoon once I get out of class! Was there only one sting Gray there?
The one and only, sales people were so clueless, they didn't even know there was a string grey color. Hope you love it.
Sponsored

neonpoke

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 M3
So now that my SG Sahara has been delivered (wonā€™t pick up until tomorrow), I wanted to share my ordering experience and hopefully my info will help some of you who are left in the dark on your order status...
Thank you, B417. I had a lot of issues with my order. I followed your advice and my D1 is being pushed to the front of the line today and they are expediting delivery.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Dude you need to put the camera away and seek shelter immediately, sounds like a hurricane is in progress. Nothing a Rubi canā€™t handle though!
Haha yeah, crazy windstorms that afternoon. Lota of shingles flying, and trees down.

B417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
Thank you, B417. I had a lot of issues with my order. I followed your advice and my D1 is being pushed to the front of the line today and they are expediting delivery.
Glad I could help and that it worked for you as well!

Earth Mover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUL
I still havenā€™t seen one posted like the one I ordered on 4/10. Rubicon Unlimited w/ matching fenders and matching hard top. I hope thereā€™s not a production delay on those features.

Sponsored

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I have finally received the call!!! My Sting-Gray has arrived, heading to the dealer in about 30 minutes. All he sent was this pic, salesman should have to take lessons in photography. I work this afternoon so I may get a few more pics up today, definitely some tomorrow. I will not let my fellow Sting-Gray people down!!
Sting-Gray ours.jpeg

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport S, 2018 JL Sport S (on order)
I asked the sales manager to check her other orders that were dated and in C status to see if they also had the rail kit .. she did and surprise ... they all did. So she is now convince that the rail kit may be holding them back and is going to reach out to the rep again
See my post from last Tuesday on this thread (this thread is hard to keep up with!): https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sting-gray-wrangler-jl-club.5710/page-220#post-175585

As I was still in "C" status, my dealer was able to have the TRMS removed from my order. I checked with Jeep Shat this a.m. and they gave me my VIN and said I'm in D1. It really moved it along to get rid of that feature.

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport S, 2018 JL Sport S (on order)
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
It looks like 50 times better in person. The tires make a huge difference.
That looks great! Basically the same as mine, except I got standard wheels thinking I am going after-market on the wheels. May move to those tires, though. Keep updated if you've had any issues. I have to get up to Chapel Hill soon anyway, so might get Chapel Hill Tire to take care of it. What'd they charge you?

Also, have you noticed any significant increased road noise or decreased handling (especially at high speed) when you run those tires?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Yes! My dealer just told me my JLUR should exit the factory on May 31st. Wow, I found out from him before the tracking spreadsheet was updated. I'll be impressed if the spreadsheet correctly echos his insight. Did I mention that (after conversion to US$) I'm getting the equivalent of about 10% below invoice? Would be great if we didn't have to pay 15% sales tax...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That looks great! Basically the same as mine, except I got standard wheels thinking I am going after-market on the wheels. May move to those tires, though. Keep updated if you've had any issues. I have to get up to Chapel Hill soon anyway, so might get Chapel Hill Tire to take care of it. What'd they charge you?

Also, have you noticed any significant increased road noise or decreased handling (especially at high speed) when you run those tires?
The tiers are a little noisier and grippier at very low speeds (first/second gear) but not really noticeable beyond that.

I parked next to a friend's Willys with a 2" lift and the stance was about the same. I am so happy with how it looks now. Before I got it I thought I would have to do a lot more to get a look I was happy with. Now I think I will be done for a while (except for the custom badge).

Sponsored

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have finally received the call!!! My Sting-Gray has arrived, heading to the dealer in about 30 minutes. All he sent was this pic, salesman should have to take lessons in photography. I work this afternoon so I may get a few more pics up today, definitely some tomorrow. I will not let my fellow Sting-Gray people down!!
Sting-Gray ours.jpeg
Congratulations!:like:

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
soooooo - how are you naming your Sting Gray? I need ideas (aka if I like it too much I might use it!) :angel: