Sponsored

HELP me decide (by 9 am ET tomorrow 4/16!!!) Firecracker Red or Granite Crystal redux (Sahara)!

Which Sahara should I get? Firecracker Red or Granite Crystal?

• Total voters
OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I’m a granite buyer - love the color and how dynamic it is.

That said, wheels are tough for me because of it. I don’t typically love black, I like gunmetal or titanium, etc. But it’s tough to pick a color of gray that won’t look too close to GCM but not quite right (make sense?).
I was in the same boat trying to choose which color, I opted for Granite from the reviews, I managed to actually see it in person next to a firecracker red last night and I have no regrets, much better in person.
Thanks guys... I actually just LITERALLY came back from dealership. I actually ordered FIRECRACKER RED! I even spent 15 minutes (again - did this probably 3x already from before) walking around the dealership and looking at both colors IN PERSON. The Granite, though really really nice (enter other adjectives here), just seemed to "blend in" with other vehicles/colors of similar vibe - either black, gray, silver, white, etc.... the Red just really POPPED. So at the very last minute, I ordered RED. I still love the Granite, maybe I made a mistake... but, oh well. LOL.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and voted. I actually voted myself too. haha.

Btw, since I am getting a Sahara, I am selling my BRAND NEW and UNOPENED Mopar Side Steps, I posted a thread here on the Marketplace. Hit me up if any of you want it.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ide-steps-4-door-brand-new-never-opened.6971/
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thanks guys... I actually just LITERALLY came back from dealership. I actually ordered FIRECRACKER RED! I even spent 15 minutes (again - did this probably 3x already from before) walking around the dealership and looking at both colors IN PERSON. The Granite, though really really nice (enter other adjectives here), just seemed to "blend in" with other vehicles/colors of similar vibe - either black, gray, silver, white, etc.... the Red just really POPPED. So at the very last minute, I ordered RED. I still love the Granite, maybe I made a mistake... but, oh well. LOL.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and voted. I actually voted myself too. haha.

Btw, since I am getting a Sahara, I am selling my BRAND NEW and UNOPENED Mopar Side Steps, I posted a thread here on the Marketplace. Hit me up if any of you want it.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ide-steps-4-door-brand-new-never-opened.6971/
Congrats! That is exciting! I’m sure you’ll love the red!

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure you would have regretted Red if you had picked Granite. Congrats!

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR

You have chosen... wisely!

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
There was no wrong choice here. No doubt you'll be happy ... no regrets!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)

SlapSwim

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura TSX
Hey! I am at the same cross roads - firecracker red or granite crystal. HELP!! Love both, leaning toward red now, but feeling better about granite long-term. Now that we are in May, and have had time to obsess about it, how are you feeling about color now??

OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey! I am at the same cross roads - firecracker red or granite crystal. HELP!! Love both, leaning toward red now, but feeling better about granite long-term. Now that we are in May, and have had time to obsess about it, how are you feeling about color now??
Howdy! I am still in D1 status, so I haven’t seen it in person yet. I’ve seen other Firecrackers obviously, just not specifically mine. How I’m feeling? I’m 100% convinced I made the right choice. Red all the way. I love the Granite still, but too subdued. I want something lively and loud. You can’t go wrong either way, but for me, it’s Red!!!

DAVESJEEP

First Name
Dave!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTUR (Ordered), 2018 Porsche GT3
I couldn't decide on between red and sting grey... pondered on it for weeks. I finally made a decision on red because the thought of it made me smile more. I didn't get a jeep to only be practical, it needs to be fun. Order what excites you!

Now back to waiting in what feels like eternal D1 status...

Sponsored

OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To answer my OWN poll question in this thread, FIRECRACKER RED, no doubt :involve:

Finally, finally, finally. I broke KZ-L status Thursday, then got the surprise phone call from my dealership today! Still can't bring her home, but I had to go see her. They are storing her in there (out of the elements) until Monday when I pick her up. The red is just eye popping. Love it.

DSC_1748.jpg

DSC_1749.jpg

DSC_1750.jpg

DSC_1735.jpg

DSC_1731.jpg

OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Why won’t they let you take it home?
Thanks man!!! I can’t take her home because it arrived at 3:00-ish on a Saturday so the Service department was all closed already. They couldn’t do the full inspection and validation (required) before I can take her home. So we have it set for Monday, tomorrow, in the morning... then I can finish all the paperwork and bring her home!!!

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
You’ll love it!!! Love mine!! Just got back from wheeling the east side of Mt.Hood Oregon!!! And congratulations!!

03B064DB-592B-4157-9B13-88ABE71607C8.jpeg
3D61FDAA-D508-410E-910A-BF60437D5A06.jpeg
D65A9D0A-B6EC-4854-9091-97CE6B5837F8.jpeg