jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So, when I do finally pick up my Jeep and start adding all the cool mods to it, do I have to post that in the "what did you do to your Jeep today thread?" I don't want to leave the StingRay Thread!!
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
So, when I do finally pick up my Jeep and start adding all the cool mods to it, do I have to post that in the "what did you do to your Jeep today thread?" I don't want to leave the StingRay Thread!!
Here first ;)

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I skim some of the other threads, but this thread is where I have found the most reliable information, given without attitude. I know for most of us it’s still a waiting room, but I hope to see it become a true owners club thread.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
Grabbed a quick and dirty video at the dealer
I hear ya on this... I’d enjoy just seeing what other Stingers are doing...

Sponsored

TacoJeepo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Was finally able to pick mine up this past Thursday. Couldn't be more impressed, and zero issues so far that others have mentioned. Tire pressure was a bit high from the factory but aired down to ~37 now. The GF was unsure about the color but I will say she is now a firm believer.
IMG_2352.JPG

Started the additions by putting in some of the Mopar all-weather floor mats but Quadratec sent me two front passenger sides and no driver-side, doh!

Scipax

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy Silverado, 2018 JL Rubicon
Had it for a week and was so excited to do some wheeling this weekend! Guess where I get to spend most of my morning...no word if I'll get it back today or not. Blower for the HVAC system stopped working.

IMG_20180505_080009.jpg
UPDATE: Fix took only 10 minutes. Turns out the ducting for the defroster had a blockage from the factory. Back to the trails!

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
3M filmed the leading edge of the door hinges today. Also did the passenger rear fender, since I received it without film.

Hinges were super easy, due to small size and simple shapes. The fender was a bear... Still not quite happy with it, but at least there's something on there until I can make the dealer fix it. Already got one small chip the first week.:(

20180505_125435.jpg

20180505_125147.jpg

B417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
Freedom panels and front doors off today (kids ride in the back so leaving those doors on for now). I’ll switch out for the soft top in a few weeks so I can go completely topless.

Also:
-Switched out antenna
-Installed sill guards
-Installed grab handles
-Removed Unlimited stickers
-Removed visor warning stickers

Loving this Sting-Gray color and all the Jeep waves I’ve been receiving!

88F33447-4BA0-4B96-B399-9669F576DE4A.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
3M filmed the leading edge of the door hinges today. Also did the passenger rear fender, since I received it without film.

Hinges were super easy, due to small size and simple shapes. The fender was a bear... Still not quite happy with it, but at least there's something on there until I can make the dealer fix it. Already got one small chip the first week.:(

20180505_125435.jpg

20180505_125147.jpg
Oh wow!

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
Well...still kickin' it in "I" status...FML :angry:

BUT...I ordered my Metalcloak 3.5" Game-Changer lift, today...sooooo, that's a WIN :like:

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Freedom panels and front doors off today (kids ride in the back so leaving those doors on for now). I’ll switch out for the soft top in a few weeks so I can go completely topless.

Also:
-Switched out antenna
-Installed sill guards
-Installed grab handles
-Removed Unlimited stickers
-Removed visor warning stickers

Loving this Sting-Gray color and all the Jeep waves I’ve been receiving!

88F33447-4BA0-4B96-B399-9669F576DE4A.jpeg
I think you should call it a backwards mullet, business in the back and party in the front!
Sponsored