Sponsored

Borla Exhaust for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL!

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Bottom, deep growl, no drone at speed. Im not far from your factory in TN if you need a test vehicle. @Lisa@Borla
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scipax

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy Silverado, 2018 JL Rubicon
Bottom. But they'd have to be tucked further back/higher to avoid being crushed before I'll buy.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004

kingdog23

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Bikini Sahara Turbo, 2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
LED Lighting
Bottom
@Chicago and I would like to know what you're developing for the 2.0 Turbo. Sound clips would be much appreciated when available. Thanks!

Sponsored

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Sahara JL, 14' MB E550,13' S6 , 07' Ram 2500
Occupation
AMT
Borla is currently working on developing exhaust systems for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and we want your feedback! What are you looking for in an exhaust system for your Jeep? Sound, looks, clearance, etc. Please let us know!

Systems we are working on:
  • Axle-Back Systems (3 Sound Levels: Touring, S-Type, & ATAK / 2 Colors: Stainless & Black)
  • High Clearance Borla "Climber" System
  • Loop Delete Y-Pipe
Below are some photos from our R&D shop.

We are considering the 2 tips shown for the axle-back systems... Which tips do you like better? Top or Bottom?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and can't wait to share more! Stay Tuned!

**Special Thanks to @isueyou for letting us use your Jeep!**

Lisa Carter Volpe
Social Media & Marketing
Borla Performance Industries
[email protected] | www.borla.com
Customer Service: 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm PST)

I vote Bottom also.

DarkWater

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi
I'll go with door number 2 which appears to be the favorite overall. The Bottom set with a deeper growl than stock! If you need a Black JL RUBI to test fit those, just let me know>>>:)

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
Bottom.

+1 clearance is going to be key as many have said.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Love my Borla on the 2008 STI. Would love that deep growl with clearance for the Jeep.

Will be watching with high hopes!
bottom. deep growl at low rpm and clearance so it wont get damaged.
Either of those would be crushed the first time you take it on the rocks. Why not tuck it further up where it isn't going to get crushed?
Performance(more torque/HP) and clearance(better than stock) are top priorities for jeeps used off-road. I personally like mine to be quiet.
Bottom. But they'd have to be tucked further back/higher to avoid being crushed before I'll buy.
Bottom.

+1 clearance is going to be key as many have said.
tuck that exhaust up no need to see it and let it get smashed.
Hey Guys,
Please keep in mind that the photos I shared in my original post are of the axle-back exhaust system. We will be offering a High Clearance Borla "Climber" System & a Loop Delete Y-Pipe for those that want an off-road system.
We are currently working on this system right now and I hope to have some photos and stuff to share with you soon!
Thank you all for the feedback and interest!

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I prefer the bottom tips. Are sound clips available for all model ranges yet? I believe a forum member had posted clips of your "S-type". Thanks!
would love to hear the sound,looking for less boom,more of a low rasp with a little popping on the overrun :)
Are you making one for the Turbo JLs as well?
Sound! I want to be able to hear the engine. I had a Magnaflow Black Series Dual on my JK w/ resonator delete. I had to delete the resonator because my exhaust would rattle at certain RPMs (might have had to do with the initial install but problem went away with res delete). One thing that would be super helpful is a good YouTube video with all the different exhaust options (inside, outside and drive-by). Would also be helpful if you split out the Loop Delete Y-Pipe. As an example, you guys did a rockstar job on a Camero vid I saw:

Excited to see what product you put out — heck if I’m willing to wait this long for my JL order I’m willing to wait for a great exhaust! BTW I think both tips would be fine — less of a driver for me personally.
Bottom
@Chicago and I would like to know what you're developing for the 2.0 Turbo. Sound clips would be much appreciated when available. Thanks!
Hey Guys,
Yes, we will be making systems for the Turbo JL as well, and we will for sure be filming a nice video for it! (Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/borla)
I will post photos, videos, etc. as soon as they're available. Thank you for your interest and feedback!!

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
THANK YOU to everyone for providing great feedback!! It is incredibly helpful to us during our R&D process to know what you guys are looking for. More info coming soon! Stay tuned!

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
I don't doubt you wouldn't make all the systems that you had for the JK.. we all have our preferences for exhausts and functions and sounds.. I personally love Borla tones but its a bit to rich for my blood these days.
Sponsored