Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Hello all. Yesterday, I finally received my Magnaflow Rock Crawler performance exhaust and installed last night. First, the reasons I wanted the rock crawler exhaust were:
1). I wanted an exhaust that tucks up high and out of the way for clearance
2). This is subjective, but I didn’t like the big factory muffler and exhaust tips as I felt they were gaudy and out of place
3). While the factory sound was nice when in loud mode, I felt it was lacking a “mature” deeper sound which I’ve always appreciated from my past experiences with Magnaflow (again, subjective)
4). I never used quiet mode and while functional, I felt it was gimmicky. I spent $85k for this rig, so I want to appreciate the 6.4 and not silence it. I would have bought an electric car if that was my desire.
5). The Magnaflow is substantially lighter. I didn’t weigh the factory exhaust, but I can attest to the fact that I noticed a big weight saving between the two (it would be interesting to know the difference). I will take weight gains where I can get them.
The box came intact and well packaged. Again, I’ve always been impressed with Magnaflow quality and customer service.

The install went smoothly. Actually, removing the factory exhaust was a slight pain in the arse as the muffler fought me when trying to separate from the pipes. Nothing a mallet couldn’t influence though:) I filled the two vacuum lines with a screw and then wrapped with two layers of electric tape.

I lubed the hangers with WD40 and that helped easily install the new parts. Per the directions, I kept everything loose until the end and fine-tuned placements and tightened per spec.

Pics and videos-- The videos while moving are done initially with the window open, and then closed toward the end (hopefully you can hear the difference). I didn’t notice any drone inside the cabin, and an added surprise was when the MDS kicked in, it wasn’t as loud or obvious as with the stock exhaust. I don’t know if that was purposeful with Magnaflows engineering team, but I will take it. Overall, I’m VERY pleased with the sound and high tuck position of the exhaust. I will probably add some ARB diff covers for aesthetic value before skid protection as the rear has been “opened up”. Personally, the rear now looks like a Jeep without a huge muffler and tips blocking all of that underpinning beauty. Ask any questions and I will be happy to answer.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Magnaflow Rock Crawler Exhaust install (pics + videos) BCDF24A8-C593-4AF9-BED4-FA41FB4A0E22

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Magnaflow Rock Crawler Exhaust install (pics + videos) 32B6BD38-DB15-4302-A886-EB6F7B03184B

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Magnaflow Rock Crawler Exhaust install (pics + videos) 5A9D07A6-A761-4BF4-91BE-F41B665C5343

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Magnaflow Rock Crawler Exhaust install (pics + videos) E918B453-F43A-409B-851F-419FE4146C8A

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Magnaflow Rock Crawler Exhaust install (pics + videos) 04289701-BF49-48FD-B6DD-17E4558FE04B

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Magnaflow Rock Crawler Exhaust install (pics + videos) 8FE57E4B-A3C2-46FC-81AB-1FCD3B3B20AD

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Great post! Thank you. I’ve been eyeing this exhaust for a while (I too think the factory muffler is awful). So you like the sound the Magnaflow produces? Do you get any drone on the road? My 392XR will hopefully be delivered within the next couple of weeks (I hit 22 weeks today from my order date). This is one of the very few mods I planned. If you get a chance please post your thoughts once you’ve driven it a bit. Thanks again!

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great post! Thank you. I’ve been eyeing this exhaust for a while (I too think the factory muffler is awful). So you like the sound the Magnaflow produces? Do you get any drone on the road? My 392XR will hopefully be delivered within the next couple of weeks (I hit 22 weeks today from my order date). This is one of the very few mods I planned. If you get a chance please post your thoughts once you’ve driven it a bit. Thanks again!
Thank you and hope your rig lands soon. I love the sound it produces and it’s even better in person as the videos don’t do it justice. As stated, a deeper mature tone with no drone and reduces mds noise greatly over oem. I will update after a week or so of more driving, but so far it’s exceeded my expectations aesthetically and audibly. Plus, maybe it’s in my head, but my 392 feels slightly peppier. Magnaflow says around 10% give or take gains. I know for sure there is a slight weight loss after removing the very heavy oem exhaust. More to come…..

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
I REALLY like how up and out of the way it is in the back. The stock exhaust should be like that. This is a Rubicon after all.

I’m in the process of getting my stock exhaust higher and out of the way as well. One hit at a time.
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Magnaflow Rock Crawler Exhaust install (pics + videos) E47B6078-0AC5-4C58-B330-88C4EF36BC44

Sponsored

aggiechris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 392
I really like the sound. I’m waiting on their set that retains the quiet feature. I know the clearance isn’t the best, but it will have to be way better than stock!

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
Hello all. Yesterday, I finally received my Magnaflow Rock Crawler performance exhaust and installed last night. First, the reasons I wanted the rock crawler exhaust were:
Interested in this as well. Thanks for posting. Does this system hurt the power anywhere?

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Do the mufflers hang below the frame? Hard to tell from the pic

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested in this as well. Thanks for posting. Does this system hurt the power anywhere?
No, it helps actually. My rig feels peppier and Magnaflow claims up to 10% better performance. Not sure how much on mine, but it def feels more lively as it’s breathing easier.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do the mufflers hang below the frame? Hard to tell from the pic
They do not hang below the frame. I haven’t measured, but they def sit a little higher than the bottom of the frame. I asked Magnaflow about this before I purchased as I knew inevitably a skid plate would be there before long.

Sponsored

Farley75

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Rubion TJ - 2022 Jeep Rubicon 392(Soon)
Occupation
System Administrator
Are you experiencing any droning with the new exhaust?

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Curious to know this as well. Also, how would you compare the stock sound to the new Magnaflow now that you’ve had some good driving time?

chris_tofu_r

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New: 2023 Rubicon XR Old: 2021 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Army
Curious to know this as well. Also, how would you compare the stock sound to the new Magnaflow now that you’ve had some good driving time?
Curious as well! I just ordered the exhaust and it should arrive next week. Thanks!

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No droning at all. I was pleasantly surprised as I was a little worried about droning even though Magnaflow said there would be none.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
At first I was like, wow that sounds like a 392. Then I saw subject line later.
Sponsored