MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Welcome fellow 392 hydro blue XR twin! You and I have very similar early builds in parts selection. You are going to love the InnovativeAT system. It airs up the 35’s from 15psi to 37psi in about 6min and requires less manual work and maintenance than other quick fill systems.

What day did you order your Next Venture skids? I ordered belly skids, diff skids and covers on Black Friday and the only thing that has shipped so far was the rear diff skid.

Don’t over bump stop your lift since you are only running 37’s and enjoy the extra travel the lift will provide!
Thank you! Following your build and it’s awesome 🤙 Think I’m gonna do 2 bumps front/rear until I can get my driveshafts delivered. Stock one is completely maxed out at the moment, although I knew that would happen. I ordered my skids back in early October…still nothing. I called them last week and they said “mine are in the pipeline for the next week or two.” We shall see. I’m in no huge rush, but I would like them on before my inaugural wheeling trip in TN around Valentine’s Day.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Chipped away at it with my buddy at his shop until about 7:30 last night. Heading back to get it wrapped up today. Front end is 90% done, need to install the track bar, sway-bar links and bump stops.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 25CC99FD-4917-40BC-B113-1701CED6D530

Ended up re-using the stock shock bolt on the MC bracket. MCs instructions said to use their bolt but theirs wouldn’t fit through the shock eyelet. Also I know I have the brake line routed wrong 🤦‍♂️ Figured that out after I left. Bending those tabs off the brake lines is a MOFO. Will use some Teraflex brake anchors to hold them in place. I’ll try to snag some more install pics of anything pertinent I find today.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 91308A72-034D-4D51-98D7-A2AE32654C9A

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! Following your build and it’s awesome 🤙 Think I’m gonna do 2 bumps front/rear until I can get my driveshafts delivered. Stock one is completely maxed out at the moment, although I knew that would happen. I ordered my skids back in early October…still nothing. I called them last week and they said “mine are in the pipeline for the next week or two.” We shall see. I’m in no huge rush, but I would like them on before my inaugural wheeling trip in TN around Valentine’s Day.
I went to their site a week or two ago and saw they were advertising a new JT bumper and the selfish little kid in me was like “Hey! Stop designing new products if you are 5 months backlogged on your existing orders!” I’m happy for their success as long as they don’t suffer from quality slip under growth pressure.

When the NV rear diff skid showed up without its mating cover I decided to sit on it instead of installing over the stock cover with a stack of washers on each bolt. Last week’s wheeling trip has me rethinking that decision…
D937202C-B1B2-4784-8310-908629EE5EBD.jpeg

Sponsored

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Chipped away at it with my buddy at his shop until about 7:30 last night. Heading back to get it wrapped up today. Front end is 90% done, need to install the track bar, sway-bar links and bump stops.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build D937202C-B1B2-4784-8310-908629EE5EBD

Ended up re-using the stock shock bolt on the MC bracket. MCs instructions said to use their bolt but theirs wouldn’t fit through the shock eyelet. Also I know I have the brake line routed wrong 🤦‍♂️ Figured that out after I left. Bending those tabs off the brake lines is a MOFO. Will use some Teraflex brake anchors to hold them in place. I’ll try to snag some more install pics of anything pertinent I find today.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build D937202C-B1B2-4784-8310-908629EE5EBD

Wow! That’s a ton of droop! It’s going to have amazing flex on the trail!

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Blue Waffle is back on the ground! After an extremely long day I’m 95% done. Have a few punch list items that I’ll tackle first thing tomorrow. Was planning on getting done sooner but had to tear the front back down to strip the coils out because I can’t read instructions 🙃 392 peeps…DO NOT use the factory front coil isolators if you’re using the Metalcloak front coil correction pads ($30/not included in 392 Gamechanger kit). Use the provided Metalcloak isolators. When we first got the Jeep back on all 4s after finishing the front end the driver’s side coil looked fine but the passenger side coil had a gnarly bow in it. Was bowing so much it was rubbing the bump stop tube at ride height. Triple checked my control arm measurements before calling Metalcloak. Within 30 seconds Will expertly diagnosed my problem and after swapping out the isolators all was good on the front end. The rear end wasn’t too much trouble, used a transmission jack on it to allow the axle to safely droop out. Yesterday and this morning my buddy and I did the front end with more grunt than brains (and without the transmission jack) but got it done and didn’t rip any sensors or brake lines so that’s a win.

Few notes:
MC requires the axle side front track bar bracket to be notched out. I used my fabricator friend’s 120V Dewalt with a carbide bit…and that still took ~20 minutes. If you don’t notch the bracket you will never get the track bar to drop in place. Widen the hole until it’s even with the vertical sides of the bracket and you’re good. Don’t forget to paint all exposed metal edges once you’re done! Removing the steering stabilizer makes it a heck of a lot easier. Here’s a few pics for clarity…
Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 88208077-751C-4259-86BD-7D110DE4CBEC

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 2E536B98-91DA-472B-BE1F-771711A5F234

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 9C6A4CE7-D3E5-4583-8423-14992A2E6318

The front brake line brackets were a major PITA. My buddy and I were trying to get the lift cranked out in a timely manner so I just cut most of the brake line brackets off rather than bending it off the brake line. I’ll have to finish that tomorrow when I’ve got more time to get that done. They should both be removed from each side and I will do that but I’m sure it’ll take me a while. I opted to use Teraflex’s Brake Line Anchor Kit ($25) to secure the loose brake lines as opposed to zip ties. Cheap and extremely well thought out product that will complement any lift install that requires extending the front brake lines. I found a way to pair it with the existing large brake line bracket and my MC lower shock relocation bracket. Here’s some pics…

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build F1900727-9011-478B-A549-4AAD31A958B4

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 484242B6-6E19-49B4-AADE-580E2E3DC5A4

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 86CC76FB-0E1C-46C0-AB81-02A7FEF6E927

Nothing too noteworthy when we tackled the rear suspension. I did pick up Synergy’s Parking Brake Relocation Bracket ($30), another simple and well thought out product. Got that installed and now the parking brake cables have plenty of slack at full droop.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 6376AA26-FD12-4A91-9014-01F9B3297905

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 6DACC606-10AB-4CBD-A338-52F3ACAF9FED

Shoutout to @Roky for hooking me up with correct control arm and track bar measurements. I’ll get a caster measurement tomorrow and a proper 4 wheel alignment next week at a dedicated off road shop. *These measurements are for a 3.5” lift optimized for 37s*. Use at your own risk and get a proper alignment from a good off-road shop once lift is installed!

Roky’s Measurements (center to center):
Front Upper Control Arms - 20”
Front Lower Control Arms - 24 3/8”
Front Track Bar - 34 1/4”
Rear Upper Control Arms - 17 3/4”
Rear Lower Control Arms - 20 1/4” (mine are actually 20 1/2”…may yank them out to adjust later on)
Rear Track Bar - 37 3/4”

Need to re-install the heat shields on my upper control arms tomorrow, adjust my drag link to center the steering wheel, remove those stupid front brake line brackets and add a few zip ties here and there for the brake lines/locker sensors. Then I’ll do a flex test to see what I’m working with. New front driveshaft is mandatory. Was bottomed out hard getting the driver’s front coil in. Forgot to disconnect it 🤡

Current bump setup is 2 front/2 rear. Will adjust more once 37s go on next week. Leaving the KO2s on through the weekend since some snow/ice is in the forecast! Will get some good pics tomorrow. Neglected to get any pre/post lift measurements, but a few 392 peeps on here have done that already so I wasn’t too concerned about it.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Blue Waffle is back on the ground! After an extremely long day I’m 95% done. Have a few punch list items that I’ll tackle first thing tomorrow. Was planning on getting done sooner but had to tear the front back down to strip the coils out because I can’t read instructions 🙃 392 peeps…DO NOT use the factory front coil isolators if you’re using the Metalcloak front coil correction pads ($30/not included in 392 Gamechanger kit). Use the provided Metalcloak isolators. When we first got the Jeep back on all 4s after finishing the front end the driver’s side coil looked fine but the passenger side coil had a gnarly bow in it. Was bowing so much it was rubbing the bump stop tube at ride height. Triple checked my control arm measurements before calling Metalcloak. Within 30 seconds Will expertly diagnosed my problem and after swapping out the isolators all was good on the front end. The rear end wasn’t too much trouble, used a transmission jack on it to allow the axle to safely droop out. Yesterday and this morning my buddy and I did the front end with more grunt than brains (and without the transmission jack) but got it done and didn’t rip any sensors or brake lines so that’s a win.

Few notes:
MC requires the axle side front track bar bracket to be notched out. I used my fabricator friend’s 120V Dewalt with a carbide bit…and that still took ~20 minutes. If you don’t notch the bracket you will never get the track bar to drop in place. Widen the hole until it’s even with the vertical sides of the bracket and you’re good. Don’t forget to paint all exposed metal edges once you’re done! Removing the steering stabilizer makes it a heck of a lot easier. Here’s a few pics for clarity…
Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 6DACC606-10AB-4CBD-A338-52F3ACAF9FED

The front brake line brackets were a major PITA. My buddy and I were trying to get the lift cranked out in a timely manner so I just cut most of the brake line brackets off rather than bending it off the brake line. I’ll have to finish that tomorrow when I’ve got more time to get that done. They should both be removed from each side and I will do that but I’m sure it’ll take me a while. I opted to use Teraflex’s Brake Line Anchor Kit ($25) to secure the loose brake lines as opposed to zip ties. Cheap and extremely well thought out product that will complement any lift install that requires extending the front brake lines. I found a way to pair it with the existing large brake line bracket and my MC lower shock relocation bracket. Here’s some pics…

Nothing too noteworthy when we tackled the rear suspension. I did pick up Synergy’s Parking Brake Relocation Bracket ($30), another simple and well thought out product. Got that installed and now the parking brake cables have plenty of slack at full droop.

Shoutout to @Roky for hooking me up with correct control arm and track bar measurements. I’ll get a caster measurement tomorrow and a proper 4 wheel alignment next week at a dedicated off road shop. *These measurements are for a 3.5” lift optimized for 37s*. Use at your own risk and get a proper alignment from a good off-road shop once lift is installed!

Roky’s Measurements (center to center):
Front Upper Control Arms - 20”
Front Lower Control Arms - 24 3/8”
Front Track Bar - 34 1/4”
Rear Upper Control Arms - 17 3/4”
Rear Lower Control Arms - 20 1/4” (mine are actually 20 1/2”…may yank them out to adjust later on)
Rear Track Bar - 37 3/4”

Need to re-install the heat shields on my upper control arms tomorrow, adjust my drag link to center the steering wheel, remove those stupid front brake line brackets and add a few zip ties here and there for the brake lines/locker sensors. Then I’ll do a flex test to see what I’m working with. New front driveshaft is mandatory. Was bottomed out hard getting the driver’s front coil in. Forgot to disconnect it 🤡

Current bump setup is 2 front/2 rear. Will adjust more once 37s go on next week. Leaving the KO2s on through the weekend since some snow/ice is in the forecast! Will get some good pics tomorrow. Neglected to get any pre/post lift measurements, but a few 392 peeps on here have done that already so I wasn’t too concerned about it.
Looks great……nice work there…..👍

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Yanked off the stock suspension at 600 miles 🤣 I have a problem…on the plus side she is a flexy girl! Did a light ditch test to see what I’m working with. Pretty happy with these initial results with zero fine tuning so far. I am going to play with the front/rear bumpstop setup some but I’ll do that with 37s. Current setup is 2 front/2 rear. As it sits with 2 bumpstop spacers up front when flexing while hard into the bumps the shock is darn near bottomed out. I don’t want to go to 3 Metalcloak spacers up front as I’m trying to keep as much uptravel as possible. I’ll get it on a forklift next week after the 37s go on and start tuning. I have a LOT more flex left in the rear.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build E10998FF-25F9-4E4D-A0E2-CD43605F37DC

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 527B676F-330F-4AF6-AEE0-CCD4591E6F13

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 84AFC8F5-0963-4F05-9D45-6DF19A9A5BF6

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build E24E7874-8D58-43F1-8F13-5059BEA6E92E

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build C50248FF-B795-4B36-906A-51A3E096F00F

Last edited:

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Today I learned- blue waffle is a fictitious female v***** disease that can cause disfigurement. The term is also used derogatorily for real female diseases or anatomical anomalies.

I never knew this, I've been married over 20 years, have kids, a female cat, and I never knew this.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Today I learned- blue waffle is a fictitious female v***** disease that can cause disfigurement. The term is also used derogatorily for real female diseases or anatomical anomalies.

I never knew this, I've been married over 20 years, have kids, a female cat, and I never knew this.
I apologize for the painful learning lesson today 🤣 I unfortunately was exposed to Blue Waffle images in high school…and I’ve never been quite the same 🤷‍♂️ The Jeep name plays well to my dry sense of humor
Sponsored