Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
Most companies get their springs from a single manufacturer in the US. The difference between them is the wind, size, shape and rate. AEV may provide the Mopar springs but I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole. AEV makes some decent JK stuff but clearly, in Jeeps rush to get their MOPAR catalog to market, they didn't get this lift kit right.

Plenty of reputable companies make kits that will outperform the MOPAR at a lower price point.
I was thinking of going Mopar lift but with all the reviews and complaints about springs, I'm looking at other options.

Don't know if AEV has released their JL stuff yet but...Skyjacker, Rock Krawler and Metalcloak have.

Like many things, everyone has an opinion on which one is better so I'm doing my best to read up and ask questions before I pull the trigger on a setup.
Sponsored

OneEyedHito

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 2-Door
AEV is possibly a year out on their JL lifts. There is something going on between Mopar and AEV, Mopar tried to license or buy AEV but it hasn’t worked out. My info says AEV is not making anything for the Mopar lift kit. It appears Teraflex “might” be providing some Mopar JL components though.

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
AEV is possibly a year out on their JL lifts. There is something going on between Mopar and AEV, Mopar tried to license or buy AEV but it hasn’t worked out. My info says AEV is not making anything for the Mopar lift kit. It appears Teraflex “might” be providing some Mopar JL components though.
Any thoughts on Skyjacker, Rock Krawler or Metalcloak?

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
I’d probably think they would look at renegotiation at delivery the same way you would if they tried to raise the agreed price at delivery.
You can renegotiate at any time until you own it. The problem is that once it is on lot if they think they can sell it at a higher price they will. Best plan is to negotiate before ordering as the dealer gets incentive back from manufacturer for the build if they can also make more off of a sale then it is a bonus. One they won’t bother with unless you make it that way. The point is not that you can’t renegotiate when it is at dealership it simply is not the best time and as advantageous.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
Super excited to join this forum. I just ordered my Sting Gray JLUR on Saturday and 1 business day later was issued a VIN. Im a little upset that a few days ago when I ordered the color matching top was not available and now it is but I think I'l be ok... Seeing all the pics of new Sting Grays with black tops and they look beautiful either way.... Hoping it arrives in time to enjoy it for a full summer.
83B5BFC5-E089-4A7D-B721-38DD7F39E9BF.jpeg

7569DCA0-47E9-4CB1-9B72-4C1C09336A66.jpeg

FA70F1C8-2BAC-45CC-89A0-700A42E2B4CC.jpeg

367AE20E-574E-48FA-ACB5-73AD4CF50660.jpeg

Sponsored

arch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S Sting Gray, 1950 Red GMC pickup
wow... thats the worst case ive heard so far.. i ordered 3-1 and it will be here in 6 days
I ordered 3/2 and was in JB status on 5/1 last I checked. My estimated ship date has been April 10th for the longest time. Sport S, black hardtop, no problem options as far as I know.

arch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S Sting Gray, 1950 Red GMC pickup
So now that my SG Sahara has been delivered (won’t pick up until tomorrow), I wanted to share my ordering experience and hopefully my info will help some of you who are left in the dark on your order status.

Ordered from Superior Jeep in Conway, AR on 3/26 (first day SG color matched top became available). It’s fully loaded minus leather and got it for 6.25% below invoice. After 3 weeks without a VIN I got tired of waiting in the dark on when it would get built, especially with rumors of soft top shortages and SG color top issues. I decided to reach out to the big dogs at FCA to see if anyone would reply back with a status update. I got online and found this page https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/group/governance/management/Pages/default.aspx and emailed every executive (first name.last [email protected]) that had anything to do with Jeep, parts, service etc. I drafted a polite email explaining how excited I was for my order and I’m left in the dark on status etc. I even politely complained that price went up $750 and my $500 cash back coupon expired since I had to wait for SG to become available and then wait an additional month for matching top availability. (I sent emails on Monday 4/16)

Within 15 minutes I received a call from an executive that explained his boss sent him my email and tasked him with expediting my order. Not only that, but he would also send my dealer a code to give me $500 off my purchase to help make up for the price increase while I had to wait. He also emailed me every morning with a status update. The very next day I got a VIN. By Friday she was built with matching top and went to have premium soft top loaded in the back. Monday it was still in this same status so I asked if the soft top shortage was holding it up that they ship without it and send to me later. He said he worked with his contacts and they were getting me one the next day. It then went to shipping and he worked with logistics to get it loaded directly on a truck and avoid rail to get it delivered ASAP and as stated previously, she was delivered yesterday. That’s no VIN to delivered in 2.5 weeks with restricted items like color matched top, premium soft top and LEDs.

It pays to shake the upper branches to get answers and if you’re polite about it, they usually make things happen. Hope this info helps. All I ask is that you don’t reference my name or specifics of my experience or build when you reach out...I don’t want my contacts to find out that I spread the news if they get bombarded. I’m holding onto their info and want to keep a good relationship in case I have issues down the road with my Jeep. I’ll post photos when I pick her up tomorrow!
thanks for the info; you are correct; i ordered 3/2 from Superior, Sport S with black hardtop, no problem add ons, and was in JB on Monday, imagine mine will take the rail car hopefully sometime soon then truck from memphis to conway. very well done on your part; thanks again for sharing.

B417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
thanks for the info; you are correct; i ordered 3/2 from Superior, Sport S with black hardtop, no problem add ons, and was in JB on Monday, imagine mine will take the rail car hopefully sometime soon then truck from memphis to conway. very well done on your part; thanks again for sharing.
Kim just let me know that she had 12 Jeeps delivered today so you might want to check with her to see if it arrived in that pack

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I ordered 3/2 and was in JB status on 5/1 last I checked. My estimated ship date has been April 10th for the longest time. Sport S, black hardtop, no problem options as far as I know.
Great to hear about more Sport S builds joining the club!

Sponsored

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
Most companies get their springs from a single manufacturer in the US. The difference between them is the wind, size, shape and rate. AEV may provide the Mopar springs but I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole. AEV makes some decent JK stuff but clearly, in Jeeps rush to get their MOPAR catalog to market, they didn't get this lift kit right.

Plenty of reputable companies make kits that will outperform the MOPAR at a lower price point.
upload_2018-5-3_12-38-17.jpeg
upload_2018-5-3_12-38-17.jpeg

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
I was thinking of going Mopar lift but with all the reviews and complaints about springs, I'm looking at other options.

Don't know if AEV has released their JL stuff yet but...Skyjacker, Rock Krawler and Metalcloak have.

Like many things, everyone has an opinion on which one is better so I'm doing my best to read up and ask questions before I pull the trigger on a setup.
Is there any reason that you didn't mention TeraFlex - of them all, I just really like the guy on all their youtube stuff! Seems like an honest, solid company that know their shit (or) as many on this site right now would say - "they really know their jeep shat!!!

OneEyedHito

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 2-Door
My experience is limited to Icon coilover conversions, Teraflex (TJ), and AEV on a JKU. Of the Icon and AEV there was zero comparison from a cost/performance standpoint. The AEV cost a1/3 of the $5K Icon kit and drove as well on road. For off road The coilover kit offered bit more travel but not enough to warrant an additional $3K.
Sponsored