Sponsored

BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am considering a either a Sting Gray or white JLR. Early white fenders and grills used to turn yellow. Are the white plastic parts like the fenders and grill still prone to turning yellow on newer models? Has this issue been fixed?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I am considering a either a Sting Gray or white JLR. Early white fenders and grills used to turn yellow. Are the white plastic parts like the fenders and grill still prone to turning yellow on newer models? Has this issue been fixed?
I still see occasional reports of it happening. It's also been reported as an issue with Sting Gray, it's just harder to see with Sting Gray. If it helps any, my grill was repainted three years to fix the problem and it still looks good.

Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
2 days old in this picture :) she is currently undergoing a few mods this weekend, Rugged Ridge bumper, Warn winch, Baja Design lights and front mount camera. Loving this Rubicon XR, absolutely beautiful!

B18D21E5-A82A-44EA-B4F7-19A9C532F3F8.jpeg

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Mines a 2019….I had this issue (slightly) on the top corner of my grille….but I always had planned to get the mopar satin black grille which I think looks good
Jeep Wrangler JL BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club 629C3BA0-061E-4AE5-9693-2F7BD7F6D83D

Also Till today…don’t have this issue on my fenders.

Hope this helps 👍

good luck with whichever color you choose!

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Jeep Wrangler JL BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club tempImageQsbDOb

Jeep Wrangler JL BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club tempImagedkLWkD

Jeep Wrangler JL BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club tempImageQSYNI

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great!! Is there a Toy Barn in MO or did you pick this up in Ohio?
i was looking all over for a fully loaded in 6 speed manual and they had it at the Toy Barn in OH. Flew-in in the morning, they picked me up in a Porsche 911 turbo and drove it back home in the afternoon (the Jeep that is;)).

Last edited:

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My ‘21 JLUR was built in August and had the yellowing fender and a little on the grill. My dealer is currently working on a fix.

60502ACE-DC6B-41BC-83A3-0B54B469F6C4.jpeg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
My ‘21 JLUR was built in August and had the yellowing fender and a little on the grill. My dealer is currently working on a fix.

Jeep Wrangler JL BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club 60502ACE-DC6B-41BC-83A3-0B54B469F6C4
Last year on my 2018 Rubicon Instead of repainting mine they just ordered me a new grill and painted it white. Less labor involved they said it was cheaper to get the new grill and just paint it white what's I was okay with that then having the sand mine and repaint it. Really surprised it's doing it already though grill or fenders on a 21 that just got built you think they would have fixed that problem in the last 3 years

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Last year on my 2018 Rubicon Instead of repainting mine they just ordered me a new grill and painted it white. Less labor involved they said it was cheaper to get the new grill and just paint it white what's I was okay with that then having the sand mine and repaint it. Really surprised it's doing it already though grill or fenders on a 21 that just got built you think they would have fixed that problem in the last 3 years
I agree. that is what I will insist on. I don't want them to need my Jeep for days while they fix mine. They will order new and repaint.

It definitely seems like an issue with the painting process. Seems like they should have been able to figure it out by now.
Sponsored