Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Man those tan seats look really nice - nicer than I thought they would - but I wish they were a little more brown and less tan. My first car was dark green with a tan interior and those seats picked up stains way too quickly. Granted, cloth vs leather, but it's put me off against light-colored interiors ever since.

Actually what I *really* really wanted was a factory option to get the leather that Ford uses in its King Ranch Edition trucks in the Jeep. It's so nice and already somewhat worn in. I'd have jumped at that in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
Man those tan seats look really nice - nicer than I thought they would - but I wish they were a little more brown and less tan. My first car was dark green with a tan interior and those seats picked up stains way too quickly. Granted, cloth vs leather, but it's put me off against light-colored interiors ever since.

Actually what I *really* really wanted was a factory option to get the leather that Ford uses in its King Ranch Edition trucks in the Jeep. It's so nice and already somewhat worn in. I'd have jumped at that in a heartbeat.
I would have liked them in a dark/aged brown leather, but I went with the black.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

More pics of hydro with tan seats please. Im seriously considering them. I think it will keep the interior cooler when its hot as hell outside.

my only concern is stains, with kids. Or do they seem pretty resistant?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

More pics of hydro with tan seats please. Im seriously considering them. I think it will keep the interior cooler when its hot as hell outside.

my only concern is stains, with kids. Or do they seem pretty resistant?
My first car was dark green with a tan interior and it's the reason I avoid light colored seats like the plague now. I'm sure stain resistance has improved since 1999, but I'm not one to chance it.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My first car was dark green with a tan interior and it's the reason I avoid light colored seats like the plague now. I'm sure stain resistance has improved since 1999, but I'm not one to chance it.
Fair point, ha! With a new dog arriving in the next couple months, I'm very glad I put seat covers on mine--and mine are just standard black. Tan, pretty as it looks, would probably be a recipe for dog-aster. 😆

Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
455E54A9-4097-443B-A13B-DA1364E97730.jpeg

Finally at home after a five month wait!
picture looks great - is that representative of true color or a light thing ? i never looked earlier cos the picture on Jeep Build looks so light, so was not keen (looking to trade out of a Mojito Green so prefer brighter colors )

schulah

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
picture looks great - is that representative of true color or a light thing ? i never looked earlier cos the picture on Jeep Build looks so light, so was not keen (looking to trade out of a Mojito Green so prefer brighter colors )
I was really back and forth with the hydro blue when I ordered my ‘22 JLUR. The color can look different depending on the light and angle. I’m trading out of an Ocean Blue JLUR and here are some comparison pics for reference. Again, this is just one example and the color can look lighter or darker depending on the situation. It’s a pretty interesting color!
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 6C4CE88F-D590-4274-81FF-3581DDBDF8E6
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 5865857D-55D0-4B0E-9D34-8DCC295A65B5

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was really back and forth with the hydro blue when I ordered my ‘22 JLUR. The color can look different depending on the light and angle. I’m trading out of an Ocean Blue JLUR and here are some comparison pics for reference. Again, this is just one example and the color can look lighter or darker depending on the situation. It’s a pretty interesting color!
6C4CE88F-D590-4274-81FF-3581DDBDF8E6.jpeg
looks really light in that photograph - i guess it's due to the dark

I think Ocean Blue is a great color - what is your preference givng moving from Ocean Blue to Hydro Blue ?

schulah

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
looks really light in that photograph - i guess it's due to the dark

I think Ocean Blue is a great color - what is your preference givng moving from Ocean Blue to Hydro Blue ?
I really love Ocean Blue and I’d choose it again in a heartbeat if I could. I don’t feel as strongly about Hydro Blue but there weren’t any other really compelling colors for me when I ordered, either. In fact, I started with Hydro Blue on my order, then flipped it to White and then flipped back to Hydro. My dealer probably wanted to punch me.

My only hang up about Hydro Blue is how light it can look under certain conditions but overall, I think it’s an eye-catching color. (Can you tell I still go back and forth about this color?)

Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
🤷🏼‍♂️ sunlight will do that
thanks - i was looking to understand what the norm is - and showroom pictures taken under "perfect" conditions - jeepbuild showcases the color way off - so had ignored previously and coultn't say i had seen it in real life due to working from home, and being outside USA for 7 months - thanks anyway

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
thanks - i was looking to understand what the norm is - and showroom pictures taken under "perfect" conditions - jeepbuild showcases the color way off - so had ignored previously and coultn't say i had seen it in real life due to working from home, and being outside USA for 7 months - thanks anyway
Under sunlight, the color is deep and very much a bold jewel tone. It sparkles and can look darker or lighter depending on your angle, with a spectrum of blue to dark turquoise / turquoise highlights. Picture tropical ocean water in the Caribbean.

In shade, indoors, or on a cloudy day, it looks a lot flatter and lighter.

Here's some pictures from various lighting situations to get a better idea of the spectrum...

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_4014b

Late Afternoon, angled sun. Dark and sparkly

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_4022b

Same spot, different angle. The 'shade' side of the Jeep looks a lot less richly colored and a little flat.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_4090b

Bright afternoon, seen from the sunny side. Much darker and deeper.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club tbDSC_9671b

Blue hour just after sunset, looks a lot flatter and lighter. The sparkle is all gone.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_3543

Inside the garage, looks flat and dull and sad. She wants to be outside, playing in the sun.

It really is difficult to properly appreciate this color just by looking at pictures. Even the best of my photos, with the most strategic white balance and color grading still don't do it justice.

If you're on the fence, try to go look at one in person when you're back in the States. Preferably on a bright and sunny afternoon when you can see just how fantastic it looks at its best.

It's very similar to how Mojito has a bit of a color shift from sunlight to shade. Though less neon in the shade than Mojito is.

It's a great color, I wouldn't swap it for any of the others (though, if Mojito and Bikini were available I would have had a hard decision when I ordered).

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Under sunlight, the color is deep and very much a bold jewel tone. It sparkles and can look darker or lighter depending on your angle, with a spectrum of blue to dark turquoise / turquoise highlights. Picture tropical ocean water in the Caribbean.

In shade, indoors, or on a cloudy day, it looks a lot flatter and lighter.

Here's some pictures from various lighting situations to get a better idea of the spectrum...

Late Afternoon, angled sun. Dark and sparkly

Same spot, different angle. The 'shade' side of the Jeep looks a lot less richly colored and a little flat.

Bright afternoon, seen from the sunny side. Much darker and deeper.

Blue hour just after sunset, looks a lot flatter and lighter. The sparkle is all gone.

Inside the garage, looks flat and dull and sad. She wants to be outside, playing in the sun.

It really is difficult to properly appreciate this color just by looking at pictures. Even the best of my photos, with the most strategic white balance and color grading still don't do it justice.

If you're on the fence, try to go look at one in person when you're back in the States. Preferably on a bright and sunny afternoon when you can see just how fantastic it looks at its best.

It's very similar to how Mojito has a bit of a color shift from sunlight to shade. Though less neon in the shade than Mojito is.

It's a great color, I wouldn't swap it for any of the others (though, if Mojito and Bikini were available I would have had a hard decision when I ordered).
thanks - Mojito and Bikini would have been 1st choices as well then Punk'n

trading out of a Mojito, and next order i would be expecting to last me 10-15 years so looking to be sure - they pictures that you present ware the expectation i would be looking for

I think it needs the black frontier roof to set it off, color coded roof looks a bit to much
Sponsored