TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Cool. We went in & out on the Usery Pass Road side of Bulldog last weekend.
It's such a great area, I partially owe my sanity to the existence of Bulldog.

If you haven't run all of the different trails yet, Usery and Blue Point along that entire Northwest portion are obviously scenic and great for relaxing trail rides or day trips with out-of-towners but there's really not much wheeling to be done.

My favorites to go play are Willow (N towards the Lower Salt) and Wolverine (both directions NW into the main canyon or NE out towards Dutchman).

It's too bad that it's now illegal to access Saguaro, the Salt River, and much of the central mountain range from within Bulldog. The trails are still there, but they've been erased from all the maps and are posted. We used to have so much fun spending days hiking, wheeling, looking for geodes, Apache tears, and wildlife, then cooling off at the river. Used to be a lot more deer, sheep, javi, coyotes, jacks and cottontails in there, but recent years have been pretty sparse. I think it's partly due to the horses, the fact that there's more traffic, and of course less opportunity to see them because you can't (legally) get as far into the mountains.

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Pics from this weekend.

Trail Snail really hugs the ground with 12psi in the tires; I think the ASFIR skids need to come sooner rather than later. We were dragging our belly over a lot of obstacles this weekend.

Speaking of tires though, these Kendas have been absolutely fantastic in every way so far. I really hope they last.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_063320-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_064834-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_070318-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_073427-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_075038-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_074829-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_075950-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_081333-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_084543-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_090938-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211031_104907-01

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Your "little" looks happy to be out there. Way to go, Dad!
Thank you! I've had her wheeling since she was in diapers but as she gets older it's getting a little tougher to get her out with me. Once we're there, though, she loves every minute of it. Especially when there's water to play and pan in, but we make do with rock hounding even when it's dry out.

Also, she LOVES the new hammock thing I got. It hangs between the sport bars over the front seats and we had so much fun stargazing like that. She was super cozy up there in her sleeping bag too, but eventually wanted down to sleep with the rest of us because some coyotes were making a bunch of racket nearby.

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Awesome! Enjoy while she’s young like that. 👍🏻

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Here's a video of Trail Snail doing work on some 36° ledges and making it look easy while my spotter-in-training gets some solid practice.

I was happy wheeling with my dog, I really was. I even thought I didn't want kids... of all the propaganda I've gotten throughout the years from potential grandparents nothing has made me want a little kiddo more than that short video. I don't know that I should ever procreate, but if I do; I blame you.

Cute kid, man. I hope these moments continue to come for many years. You're both clearly loving every minute of it.

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was happy wheeling with my dog, I really was. I even thought I didn't want kids... of all the propaganda I've gotten throughout the years from potential grandparents nothing has made me want a little kiddo more than that short video. I don't know that I should ever procreate, but if I do; I blame you.

Cute kid, man. I hope these moments continue to come for many years. You're both clearly loving every minute of it.
Thanks buddy! Fatherhood really is the best thing ever, and that's coming from a guy who raised his kid solo with all of the ups and downs that come with that type of situation. Her mom just popped back into the picture in a meaningful way about 5 months ago (reallllly long story and I struggled with a polite way to phrase that) and honestly that was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. But, it's smoothing out and we're trying to embrace the "new normal."

Also, you've already swapped the 2-door for an Unlimited so you're ahead of the curve :like: :CWL:

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks buddy! Fatherhood really is the best thing ever, and that's coming from a guy who raised his kid solo with all of the ups and downs that come with that type of situation. Her mom just popped back into the picture in a meaningful way about 5 months ago (reallllly long story and I struggled with a polite way to phrase that) and honestly that was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. But, it's smoothing out and we're trying to embrace the "new normal."

Also, you've already swapped the 2-door for an Unlimited so you're ahead of the curve :like: :CWL:
I've been meaning to get on that rear seat delete...

I'm happy she's got a father like you. It's unfortunately a fairly common story these days. That little hug at the end tells me all I need to know. You're clearly cut out for it.
Sponsored