Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I wanted to do Top of the World, but the copilot (wife) insisted she'd had enough of the rock crawling, so we did Dome Plateau instead. It was a fun trail, listed as the most difficult of the moderate trails in the Wells book.
Thanks for the trail report. I haven't done Dome Plateau yet, did you like it?

I heard Top of the world was getting pretty chucked out, making spots a lot more difficult. When I was there last Fall, I had a buddy rent a Jeep, it was off limits for the rented Barlow Jeeps (35" tires).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Thanks for the trail report. I haven't done Dome Plateau yet, did you like it?

I heard Top of the world was getting pretty chucked out, making spots a lot more difficult. When I was there last Fall, I had a buddy rent a Jeep, it was off limits for the rented Barlow Jeeps (35" tires).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
My 80th Edition is stock height and running on 33s, so it's probably a good thing I didn't try Top of the World if it's that rough. To me, Poison Spider was as rugged as I want. As it is, the rock rails and skid plates got a good workout. And I no longer have a round tailpipe.

Dome Plateau was very enjoyable. It had a few places that were challenging. I'd equate it roughly to Fins n Things. Interestingly, we ran right into the middle of a Bronco Off Roadeo group. It was my first sighting of Broncos in the wild.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos Roadeo

Various trim levels, most of them Squatched. They didn't keep up with my Wrangler, but then it was a group of 8 with varying off road experience.

Sponsored

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
My 80th Edition is stock height and running on 33s, so it's probably a good thing I didn't try Top of the World if it's that rough. To me, Poison Spider was as rugged as I want. As it is, the rock rails and skid plates got a good workout. And I no longer have a round tailpipe.

Dome Plateau was very enjoyable. It had a few places that were challenging. I'd equate it roughly to Fins n Things. Interestingly, we ran right into the middle of a Bronco Off Roadeo group. It was my first sighting of Broncos in the wild.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos Roadeo

Various trim levels, most of them Squatched. They didn't keep up with my Wrangler, but then it was a group of 8 with varying off road experience.
Thanks for sharing the Bronco pic. Though I do love that the Bronco's existence is driving Jeep to offer more/different options and choices, I have to say that the look of the it really hasn't grown on me like I thought it might. I've seen a few around in various configurations and colors and I really only liked one of them. Just really love the classic look of the standout Jeep from whatever year. The soft top of the Bronco truly does need a redesign, as every one I've seen has been totally saggy...

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos IMG_5405b

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos IMG_5400b

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos IMG_5396b

Ok, so itʻs not a JL... but I'm in Hawaiʻi and I'm in a Jeep and itʻs definitely scenic! So Iʻm including it anyway.

This is in North Kohala on the Big Island, very close to the Moʻokini Heiau and the place where Kamehameha was born. Pretty much the most northern tip of the island. If you look in across the water, you can see Maui and the tall Haleakalā volcano.

My first time driving a 4-door Jeep and my first time driving an automatic transmission Jeep. It's definitely got more cargo space, but with just me, it's really more space than I need. I still prefer my 2-door / MT. ;)

Sponsored

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
First camping trip in Jeepeto III

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos C2E1601A-2C58-4DCF-A32F-707719142D55
I'm heading with a group to Big Bend NP on 10 Nov for a 4-night trip to this awesome national treasure. Hoping to get even half as good a shot in Dark Sky country while we are there. Great shot!

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm heading with a group to Big Bend NP on 10 Nov for a 4-night trip to this awesome national treasure. Hoping to get even half as good a shot in Dark Sky country while we are there. Great shot!
Thank you! I've been after this shot with the Milky Way above my Jeep for some time now. I'm excited to finally have one.

I've been wanting to make my way to Big Bend for years. The stars haven't quite aligned on that trip. (you see what I did there? I'm not even a father #dadjokes) I just recently learned from another member on here that there's two Big Bend parks. I might have to try the Big Bend Ranch SP as the opportunity for camping seems to be better suited to my style (available, because it's off grid a ways), I've never been able to find a place to stay at the NP side. I've seen some amazing photos from that area though. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a great shot as long as the weather (and moon) cooperate. Be sure to post them here, I'd love to see your astro shots!

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Some potato quality uploads from this weekend's camping and sunrise wheeling trip with my kiddo.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1635785909552

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1635785847034

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1635785862482

And here's a video of Trail Snail doing work on a 36° drop past the marked end of Hackamore Trail and making it look easy while my spotter-in-training got some solid practice.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Some potato quality uploads from this weekend's camping and sunrise wheeling trip with my kiddo.

And here's a video of Trail Snail doing work on a 36° drop past the marked end of Hackamore Trail and making it look easy while my spotter-in-training got some solid practice.

That was awesome watching your daughter's enthusiasm! What a great memory for both of you. And loved seeing your hound dog riding shotgun as well. :like: Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored