Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

ring_zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLUR
I'm really not a fan of the Rubicon wheels. Thinking about the Quadratec Hardrocks. Bonus they are 17"x8.5". My SG JLUR will have black fenders/top. Leaning towards the Grey, also considering all black. Opinions?
Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg
Call me freaken crazy ... but i think the JLUR is almost perfect, as I have spec'd it out, from the factory!

I have been through the mod'n process for both my 1987 CJ7 (back in the day) and my current 2015 JKU - see pic. I will be adding only two mods to my new JLUR ... tinting the driver and passenger side windows (to match the rest of the Jeeps window tint) and purchasing some Mopar slush mats. Other than that I am more than happy with the JLUR's stance and look. No 2" lift, no 35's, no aftermarket bumpers .. etc.

That being said .. I absolutely love to look at pics of peoples mod'd Jeeps!

View attachment 37822

Screenshot_20180329-125635_01.png
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh dam its quieter? I went with the soft top as well since I will be in Texas so hard top seemed like a bad idea. :cwl:
Yep I text drove both the soft top and hard top before ordering and the soft top was way quieter! You won’t regret it

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
So since no more JK are being made does that mean they will be pumping more JLs then they have been? or have they already been at full capacity?
my understanding is that the old second JK line is being prepped for the Scrambler or whatever they will call the pick up, and that it takes 6 months to set up the line!...(upgrade hardware etc) so it will not add capacity to build more JL's ...

Sponsored

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Is anyone familiar with the ETA's on the spreadsheet? Mine used to say 4/29 to 5/3....but now there's lots of dates...like 5/9

Have those dates been accurate?

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
Message_1524860797297.jpg
Message_1524860777939_01.jpg
Message_1524860547955.jpg

My dealer just called and sent me these pics! My Rubi has arrived! He said it hit the railyard yesterday and he expedited it's shipment from there so I'd have it in time for the beautiful Colorado weekend coming up. Wasn't supposed to be here until Monday! Heading there after work to pick it up. More pictures will come shortly.
Congrats!!! Have fun :)

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
I found out yesterday (from "Sergio") that when you order the Hard Top Headliner that your build will spend an extra week or two in JB at the end so the aftermarket group can add the headliner. I'm not excited about that, but by the time my Jeep is delivered I'll be overjoyed and almost completely forget about the long wait time. :time::time::time: I'm not sure what other options add similar delays, but it would be interesting to compile a list.
It may vary. Mine went to JB for the headliner on 4/21 and went to KZ on 4/24. It was only in JB for 3 days.

Sponsored

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
Call me freaken crazy ... but i think the JLUR is almost perfect, as I have spec'd it out, from the factory!

I have been through the mod'n process for both my 1987 CJ7 (back in the day) and my current 2015 JKU - see pic. I will be adding only two mods to my new JLUR ... tinting the driver and passenger side windows (to match the rest of the Jeeps window tint) and purchasing some Mopar slush mats. Other than that I am more than happy with the JLUR's stance and look. No 2" lift, no 35's, no aftermarket bumpers .. etc.

That being said .. I absolutely love to look at pics of peoples mod'd Jeeps!

View attachment 37822

Screenshot_20180329-125635_01.png
Ring Zero - spot on!!! This will be my first Rubicon and I was all in on doing a lift/wheels/37's/winch etc... I'm 100% staying stock for a good amount of time and then maybe if I get bored will start thinking about some mods.
Sponsored