Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread

RayAllen

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Again it's great to hear positive feedback for the AAL stuff, I really want to like it, and so far everyone I talk to seems to be making it easy to do so. I've definitely seen that bracket that fits in the OE storage space, and I really like the idea of using that space for a battery. I have already ordered a different tire inflation system that mounts under the front passenger seat and locates two air outlets under driver/passenger seats to fill all four tires at once with a pop off valve tunable for perfect PSI inflation every time. I may end up ordering the AAL for the battery placement, and maybe put the compressor under the rear deck too, and run hose up to the front seats to make a best of both worlds installation. I'll have to look into this deeper, but I like the rear fuse box/air filter/fridge 12v bracket they make as well.

Those RSE steps look pretty sweet, and as long as they're up to the task I'll definitely keep that in my back pocket if the wife starts to complain about 37s. If I do go with them, you'll be the first to know, 10% amounts to some money on those.

The RK No-Limit Sway Bar Links are something I saw in another thread. Apparently they pair well with the MC 3.5" GC lift. They seem to look up to task more than the supplied MC ones, so I went ahead and ordered them up with the kit.

Nothing wrong with RTIC (Texas company 🤘) I will probably go the same way with my 45qt for a while until I can get everything figured out back there.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond on this. I do appreciate your input, especially on the AAL stuff. I'm pretty excited to have the room to build out some gear storage in this rig. I've never had any space to speak of, this is a big upgrade for me.
May I ask what brand of underseat compressor you ordered and who you ordered it from ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nice! You are an inspiration. Bookmarking this thread for future reference.
Expect less of me. I’ll let you down 🤣

Honestly though, thank you for the kind words. I have little talent in this world, it makes me happy to know I’m an inspiration to someone. 🙏

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

May I ask what brand of underseat compressor you ordered and who you ordered it from ?
Absolutely, I ordered the kit from Innovative AT Products. It uses an ARB twin compressor. I had no idea this kit existed until I tried to find an ARB (they’re sold out everywhere!). Someone mentioned this kit in another thread, and they had the compressor in stock as well. After looking into the kit, it looks to be a really really (REALLY!) nice option. It mounts the compressor under the passenger seat, and has an output “port” under the front passenger and drivers seats. You plug in a “Y” hose to each port that runs to the two tires on that side of the vehicle. This ties all 4 tires together, and equalizes the pressure in all 4 tires. Then, and here’s the cool part, you pull one valve to deflate all 4 tires to exactly the same pressure. When you fill back up, the same valve has a “pop-off” that you set once to your desired street pressure. When you inflate your tires you hook up the hoses, turn on the compressor and wait. The pop off valve will auto-magically open when the tires reach the set pressure. All 4 tires at exactly the same pressure, and exactly the right pressure. How cool is that!?

Here is the link ⬇

https://innovativeatproducts.com/sh...ith-arb-twin-compressor-ckmta12-package-deal/

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Test fit of 37's on the Xtreme Recon with no lift

It looks a little tight to me. I'd be concerned about catching the fender liner with the rear of the tire at lock/under compression. You might be able to trim your way out of this, but I'm going to wait until I have the 3.5" lift installed before running 37"s.

I'm really happy with the look of the wheel/tire/ring package. I think it's going to look very nice when it's all done.

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

The spare tire carrier FITS!

However, the 3rd brake light is at it's vertical limit from the factory and doesn't clear the 37. This will be easily resolved with something like a brake light ring in the tire. I'm thrilled I don't have to order another tire carrier. I almost pulled the trigger on the terra flex spare tire relocation bracket, but it was pretty expensive and on backorder everywhere. I'm glad I waited. This package is such a great value for my application. I'm very excited to see it come together.

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG
MOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR pics, part numbers of XR stuff and stuff and stufff!!!!!!!
Btw in Southlake, lets go wheel!!!

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Have we seen spring part numbers for steel bumper vs plastic bumper builds?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

MOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR pics, part numbers of XR stuff and stuff and stufff!!!!!!!
I tried to get that damn spring tag today with the wheel off. It’s tucked up in there and I just can’t get a good angle on it. I have provided center of wheel to fender measurements if anyone has access to an unlifted rubicon to check what actual lift is. (See below) I’ll get more info when I yank that stuff out to install the 3.5”MetalCloakGC lift. Here’s some other pics I took today. Not sure what difference if any there is to be seen from a standard JLUR. My last JL was a sport so I’ve got no reference point to the rubicon’s.

25” center of wheel to fender

24-3/4” center of wheel to fender

16C4205D-4A3D-4C12-A942-EB2E1163D573.jpeg

7434971C-D2EB-4165-B3EA-B0477E0B7FC6.jpeg

06A3EF99-BE29-4AA3-99BE-B28FDF68B295.jpeg

01FCE993-DB84-4A74-A75A-BC5FB2CE04A2.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Have we seen spring part numbers for steel bumper vs plastic bumper builds?
I have not. I’ll get more info when I install my lift and yank the OE stuff out.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Update:

Looks like despite being a wider tire the Yokohama doesn’t make contact with the tailgate “bumpers”, I’m wondering if this is maybe due to a change in backspacing and rim width due to the tire being mounted in a true beadlock configuration.

C72F1570-E74B-4EE4-82F8-04EF7EFFBF9D.jpeg

C88A19E2-930F-4620-A57A-E7C47161DE65.jpeg
Looks like those stops are cut from the factory to fit the 315/70 K02's thats why they wont work with your tires. Last time I looked the Mopar branded stops that come in the kit are like > $100.... Let us know how the Energy Suspension one work!

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Looks like those stops are cut from the factory to fit the 315/70 K02's thats why they wont work with your wheels. Last time I looked the Mopar branded stops that come in the kit are like > $100.... Let us know how the Energy Suspension one work!
😮 yikes! That seems steep for some rubber bumpers.

I’ll be sure to update when the synergy ones come in

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
I tried to get that damn spring tag today with the wheel off. It’s tucked up in there and I just can’t get a good angle on it. I have provided center of wheel to fender measurements if anyone has access to an unlifted rubicon to check what actual lift is. (See below) I’ll get more info when I yank that stuff out to install the 3.5”MetalCloakGC lift. Here’s some other pics I took today. Not sure what difference if any there is to be seen from a standard JLUR. My last JL was a sport so I’ve got no reference point to the rubicon’s.

25” center of wheel to fender

24-3/4” center of wheel to fender

16C4205D-4A3D-4C12-A942-EB2E1163D573.jpeg

7434971C-D2EB-4165-B3EA-B0477E0B7FC6.jpeg

06A3EF99-BE29-4AA3-99BE-B28FDF68B295.jpeg

01FCE993-DB84-4A74-A75A-BC5FB2CE04A2.jpeg
With tire poke and wheels and center caps on I can't get a precise measurement so my JLUR is approximately 22 3/4" -23"
"from center to bottom of fender

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

that is a sweet Jeep!

but i saddens me to see another forum member leave the 2 door club.
If it helps, I was gone before I showed up here.

I do feel like Jeepeto II was the last of an era. I went kicking and screaming. I ordered a 2 door, soft top, manual in 2019. The sales guy gave me a real funny look, and I returned the look. To me that’s a “real jeep”.

I have to admit I won’t be upset by the extra wheelbase off road. I found the 2 door to be a bit tippy at times.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

With tire poke and wheels and center caps on I can't get a precise measurement so my JLUR is approximately 22 3/4" from center to bottom of fender
🙏🙏

It seems we may have gotten the lift after all. I’m assuming you’re measuring a rubicon correct?