Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Yes for the most part electronics have been the bane of my existence in my vehicles.
This is my worst fear of autonomous cars.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I want my car to only drive itself to park and to pick me up. Like KITT did for Mike Knight.
Funny you should say that, Audi was showing that off almost 5 years ago at the 2013 CES, and I got to do it in person.

It’s the type of self-driving that should happen ASAP so that you can leave you vehicle from one end of the mall, have it go look for an available parking spot (which is also connected to a big data system and can find an empty spot easily regardless of distance from entrance that you no longer have to walk), and then when you’re done shopping, even at the other end/side of the mall you can just walk outside and tell your vehicle to come back to you and pick you up at the curb. Worked to perfection when we tested it.

Seeing this in action was Super-cool, and I wanted it immediately, especially after having just fought through this while Xmas shopping just a few weeks earlier. A lot of us wanted to buy one on the spot (though I would want a Q7 not an A7 for the GF).

Seriously, why isn’t this on every Audi-Porsche-VW product by now with all the latest sensor tech?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...elf-parking-car-come-meet-youre-shopping.html

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Badass if they do.

Will make downtown shopping districts that much more car friendly as you wouldn't need as much on or near site parking. You can make lots blocks away specifically for these cars. I'd imagine too that they could park denser. Less lot space.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, and all the parkades at the Mega Malls near me, all have sensors in the stalls to highliht open spots, and they have scoreboards directing you to the parkades with the most spots available. Tie this already collected data info into the system, and then it’s an additional benefit for both automated and non-automated.
Heck they could even provide an app that would let you get afeel for how packed/busy the mall itself is based on available spots, so you could better plan your shopping too.

I want this far more than the vehicle to actually take over the driving experience.

Feenix_ST

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
New to the forum.

Wondering if anyone knows when additional colours will be available in Canada. I am anxiously waiting to put my order in for a JLUR but want it in Punk'n.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
The first thing I just noticed is that the last page says "Second Edition" instead of "First Edition" like the leaked one. So I'm guessing there are some changes in here.
Whenever I go to that site it tells me it failed and to try later. My app shows lots of failures too. Doesn't seem to be any data available yet as far as I can see. Not sure how you got to the pdf file, I sure can't.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I updated the direct links when they went live early in December, just click on them and it should take you directly to the pdfs (still works for me);

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uick-reference-guide-appear-on-jeep-com.2196/
Yup, it worked this time. Thanks.... let's call it pilot error...... Jeep.com still doesn't like me tho. Even logging into my account does not let me see an owner's manual. I get this every time:
"We are unable to process your request. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I wonder how long it’ll be before we can get some authentic mopar service manuals/ DVD’s or whatever format they’re in now :like:
Sponsored