Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
That rim is not street legal. Is that something you would worrie about getting caught with on the road? (I've never had my wheels check when pulled over)
Why not street legal? I've never heard of wheels not being street legal before.

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon
That rim is not street legal. Is that something you would worrie about getting caught with on the road? (I've never had my wheels check when pulled over)
I'm also curious how this wheel is not street legal.

EDIT - Never mind... I just saw it on the website.
Not Street Legal. Off Road Use Only

What's odd though, is when i search just for the wheel on the same website it does not have that statement on the general page.

Sponsored

AREYOUFUS

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 KL TrailHawk, 1996 ZJ
We'll look at that. If they delay orders much further we might be able to modified them them to include Gorilla Glass in our builds.

Screenshot_20180424-085754.png

AREYOUFUS

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What's odd though, is when i search just for the wheel on the same website it does not have that statement on the general page.
I have noticed when looking for rims that most beadlocker and many appearance of beadlocker rims are not street legal. I like the looks of the Mopar beadlockers and they are DOT approved, they are just so expensive for a set of 5 and they don't include the beadlocker ring. That's a separate $125 per wheel.

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi

It's a beadlock wheel. A lot of times if the tire is mounted on the inside of the rim (rather than the beadlock) it's legal for street use. I'm not sure if that's the case with these... I've never seen them before.

The MOPAR ones (like on the Mojito auto show pics) are like that. Street legal if the tire isn't locked into the bead.

EDIT TO ADD: If you like that beadlock look, there are a lot of wheels with "fake" beadlocks on them. They're cheaper. Unless you're going to air down and crawl, real beadlock wheels are complete overkill.

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
I'm leaning toward Fuel Assault Wheels, or something with a Mojito inlay. Someone recenty posted a pretty cool looking wheel with Mojito accents on here somewhere but I can't find it now. :|

EDIT: Found it! :)

Vision_fury_wheel_6lug_gloss_black_green_tint_18x85-500.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It's a beadlock wheel. A lot of times if the tire is mounted on the inside of the rim (rather than the beadlock) it's legal for street use. I'm not sure if that's the case with these... I've never seen them before.

The MOPAR ones (like on the Mojito auto show pics) are like that. Street legal if the tire isn't locked into the bead.

EDIT TO ADD: If you like that beadlock look, there are a lot of wheels with "fake" beadlocks on them. They're cheaper. Unless you're going to air down and crawl, real beadlock wheels are complete overkill.
Yes, that is correct. Beadlocks are not DoT approved, and therefore not street legal. It's not like some cop is going to write you a ticket, but what that really means is that NO ONE will help you due to liability. If you go to Les Schwab... Discount Tire... etc... they will not touch them! They won't balance them, mount them, rotate them, even fix a flat. You are 110% on your own. The only ones who will help you will be a specialty offroading shop. So either you need to be prepared to do the work yourself, or spend the premium and make the trip to a offroad specialty shop. I strongly recommend that only hardcore offroaders buy Beadlocks!
I owned the Mopar beadlocks, yes... they have two mounting positions. Inside in standard position is DoT approved, but in the beadlock position they are not (and you have to buy the right ring for the position you want to run them). I ran mine in the beadlock position. They are far too expensive of a wheel to run in the inside DoT approved position.

Froggin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
I have noticed when looking for rims that most beadlocker and many appearance of beadlocker rims are not street legal. I like the looks of the Mopar beadlockers and they are DOT approved, they are just so expensive for a set of 5 and they don't include the beadlocker ring. That's a separate $125 per wheel.
I was thinking about these also my dealer is giving me any accessories for cost +5% for a one time purchase. I just need to put my wish list together.

AREYOUFUS

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about these also my dealer is giving me any accessories for cost +5% for a one time purchase. I just need to put my wish list together.
You have to let me know what your price is on them. I would make sure to price out the oversized tire hing kit, oversized tire mount, as well as the 3rd tail light relocate kit.

Froggin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
You have to let me know what your price is on them. I would make sure to price out the oversized tire hing kit, oversized tire mount, as well as the 3rd tail light relocate kit.
I will post when I get my list together.

MojitoWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Occupation
Stock Trader
We'll look at that. If they delay orders much further we might be able to modified them them to include Gorilla Glass in our builds.

Screenshot_20180424-085754.png
Every day it’s delayed and also with every first year issue I see it pushes me closer to waiting on the JT Scrambler. How rad would a mojito Scrambler look with aftermarket accessories and 37s. :)
Sponsored