Sponsored

Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Dubv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Question for the group. I have some decent trail rash on my rims and this weekend I’m going to attempt sand them down and repaint. Does anyone what kind of spray paint would best match the stock Willys rim look?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Good question. It’s a semi gloss/matte finish so a flat black would not have enough gloss. Looks more like the high temp paint used for BBQ grills.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
This has probably been discussed elsewhere but since this is a Willys thread I will mention it. Reading through I see Willy and Willy’s multiple times. Some of these may be auto correct but I am assuming that many non Jeep historians don’t know that it is actually pronounced Willis, like Bruce Willis or “what you talkin’ bout Willis”. The name pays homage to John North Willys who pronounced his own name Willis. He was also the owner of the Willys-Overland Company which produced the early Jeeps. Many soldiers during the war were not aware of this and mispronounced the name Willies as that is how it would look reading it off of the vehicle. They continued this after returning home adding to the confusion as people figured that they used them so they know. I know some people will say “I’ve always said Willies and always will“ and that’s fine but I figure that the man knew how to pronounce his own name and the name of his company so I’m going with his pronunciation.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
Quick question…thinking of upgrading to the firestone Destination MT/2’s/Wheel combo on the Willy’s and was curious what people thought about the ride…currently I have a 4xe with the 20” all weather tires…I understand it will be rougher…but just how much is the question?

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question…thinking of upgrading to the firestone Destination MT/2’s/Wheel combo on the Willy’s and was curious what people thought about the ride…currently I have a 4xe with the 20” all weather tires…I understand it will be rougher…but just how much is the question?
Did you put Willy’s just to mess with me? LOL

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I kinda like them. They do have that notorious MT hum pretty much all the time, but it only gets louder when you go faster and drop the top.. Do fine in the rain and worked well in the snow for me. Right now here they are at 13 months and 21,067 miles so far.... wearing nicely.

Disclaimer: I have rotated them twice now, all 5 and both times.
20210816_194554.jpg

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
No complaints from me. I don't find them loud or rough. Maybe you can find a Willys with this tire package at a local dealership and take a test drive.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I have pretty picky family members and no complaints from them! That says a lot. If you listen to music on the alpine you won't even hear them and the tires look great!

Sponsored

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
Any chance that the white lettering is only on one side of the tire?…Not a fan, but probably not a deal breaker either

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any chance that the white lettering is only on one side of the tire?…Not a fan, but probably not a deal breaker either
Yes they are on one side so you can have them show or not.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I really like these tires. Not as loud as I thought they'd be and actually quite comfortable when inflated to around 34psi. Very capable off road too. Plus they look great!