Sponsored

GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club

Ed El Man

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Ducati XDiavel S, 2011 Ducati 848 Evo, 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grandtouring (the beater)
Vehicle Showcase
Just put some 37's on Kmc grenades with Artec fenders/no lift

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG
Any rubbing? Are you able to turn the wheel all the way without it touching?
Sponsored

Sponsored

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
That would look great in Sting-Gray! #100 #anotherlevel Jk nice color

Strifehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Anyone regret their Granite Crystal choice now that Sting Gray is available? I was just at the Jeep Dealership and saw quite a few Granite Crystals...
Great question. There was a similar TJ color to SG (had one) and I always felt it looked cheap and dated quickly. Felt indecisive. Definitely an ok color, but not close to granite. Seems like people are looking elsewhere because they think there are too many granites. Too popular seems a silly reason to mask weakness in choosing what you’d really prefer. I could care less what other Jeeps on the road look like - I want to love mine for the reasons why I love and choose things. Nothing looks as good - IMO - with the rubi accents as granite. And the options for wheels, everything. Granite all the way. Silver was close because they nailed that blue/bright look to the silver again, but thrilled with granite. Perfect.

gentryTX

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Great question. There was a similar TJ color to SG (had one) and I always felt it looked cheap and dated quickly. Felt indecisive. Definitely an ok color, but not close to granite. Seems like people are looking elsewhere because they think there are too many granites. Too popular seems a silly reason to mask weakness in choosing what you’d really prefer. I could care less what other Jeeps on the road look like - I want to love mine for the reasons why I love and choose things. Nothing looks as good - IMO - with the rubi accents as granite. And the options for wheels, everything. Granite all the way. Silver was close because they nailed that blue/bright look to the silver again, but thrilled with granite. Perfect.
It seems like my Granite Crystal Metallic paint looks a little different to me at least once a week. Depending upon cloud cover, I've seen it look black, very dark gray, and when in full sun when I could only explain the color as a slab of granite with metallic and crystal applications. :like: Makes sense...? Out of the current JL paint options, it is my favorite by far. Don't get me wrong, if there was a Mojito JLUR back in January when I picked up mine off the lot I would not have any regrets.

Strifehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
It seems like my Granite Crystal Metallic paint looks a little different to me at least once a week. Depending upon cloud cover, I've seen it look black, very dark gray, and when in full sun when I could only explain the color as a slab of granite with metallic and crystal applications. :like: Makes sense...? Out of the current JL paint options, it is my favorite by far. Don't get me wrong, if there was a Mojito JLUR back in January when I picked up mine off the lot I would not have any regrets.
Completely agree. Seems to dynamically refresh it’s appeal. Even seen some bronze/burnt ember-ish values. Absolutely gorgeous color. And it sports mud and dirt as if it’s part of the plan.

JLpaulo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Almost my combo as well except I ordered a Sahara and 2.0 L turbo. ? Did you just get hard too or did you get both tops ?
Just hard for now. I plan to eventually get some sort of a soft top shade

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Granite Chrystal Metallic would be a great prog rock band name!

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
50 Shades of Granite :involve:

Jeep=N+1

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU ruby, 2000 TJ Saraha, 97 TJ SE.
Went 20% on the sun shade and side windows. Added the Mopar fuel door, and Mopar Wrangler door moldings. Added LED headlights, LED fog lights and LED switch backs for the turn signals. Going to get the Mopar 2 inch lift wish some 35's.

IMG_20180308_162223.jpg

IMG_20180321_171141.jpg

IMG_20180321_171746.jpg

IMG_20180321_173212.jpg

IMG_20180324_123014.jpg

IMG_20180331_155909.jpg

IMG_20180406_181412.jpg

IMG_20180408_202054.jpg

IMG_20180408_202113.jpg

IMG_20180412_182300.jpg

IMG_20180413_101856.jpg
The LED head lights, what brand, source? Are they bulbs or complete units? Looking good BTW.
Sponsored