2022 JLURD
have a Phantom 4 Pro love it, but can't beat the portability of the magic

Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
nice! typed mavic spell check changed it to magic, had mine out today didn't think about taken some shots of the rubicon, maybe tomorrow

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
What's the deal with the MavicAir? I had an Aton (just for fun) and on the 4th flight it took off on me. Lost signal to the transmitter and rather than "returning home" it shot straight up and lost it out in a lake. Needless to say, I'm a little apprehensive about spending big money on another drone although I love the hobby.

I was going to go for a Spark but then the Air came out and now I'm really thinking of splurging after the JL gets delivered.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
What's the deal with the MavicAir? I had an Aton (just for fun) and on the 4th flight it took off on me. Lost signal to the transmitter and rather than "returning home" it shot straight up and lost it out in a lake. Needless to say, I'm a little apprehensive about spending big money on another drone although I love the hobby.

I was going to go for a Spark but then the Air came out and now I'm really thinking of splurging after the JL gets delivered.
So the MavicAir looks great but what they don’t mention is that it runs off WiFi signal instead of Radio-Frequency so there’s more room for signal interference and possible loss of connection due to so many WiFi signals in suburbs and cities. Also flight speeds in P-Mode (the standard mode you’ll spend most of your time in) is actually fairly slow compared to the MavicPro.

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
I have a Spark but the flight time is abysmal - around 10-12 minutes of actual time, so with DJI that means at 3 minutes left it's constantly nagging you to return home.

I've been debating with moving up to a Mavic Pro or whatever; advertised to be quieter. but I keep bouncing between a Mavic (portable) or Phantom 4 (grand-pappy of drones in my price range). If a new Mavic is coming out in the next 6 months or so, I might wait for that.

I wouldn't really recommend the Spark - but that's more a personal thing, I hate landing every 10 minutes. you just get up and going and it's time to bring it back in.

For you guys that drone and Jeep - do you use autotrack, or is someone else flying for you, or do you just park and fly? I doubt I could both drive a Jeep and fly a drone at the same time; maybe I'm doing it wrong. Always have been curious on that

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Spark but the flight time is abysmal - around 10-12 minutes of actual time, so with DJI that means at 3 minutes left it's constantly nagging you to return home.

I've been debating with moving up to a Mavic Pro or whatever; advertised to be quieter. but I keep bouncing between a Mavic (portable) or Phantom 4 (grand-pappy of drones in my price range). If a new Mavic is coming out in the next 6 months or so, I might wait for that.

I wouldn't really recommend the Spark - but that's more a personal thing, I hate landing every 10 minutes. you just get up and going and it's time to bring it back in.

For you guys that drone and Jeep - do you use autotrack, or is someone else flying for you, or do you just park and fly? I doubt I could both drive a Jeep and fly a drone at the same time; maybe I'm doing it wrong. Always have been curious on that
Yea when the Phantom3Pro came out, it was the best thing since sliced bread but it’s “autofollow” meant following the controller that needed a phone with gps.

The MavicPro2 is rumored to be released in October which would be 2 years after the release of the Mavic Pro. It’d essentially include the camera technology of the Phantom 4 Pro with the flying capabilities of the MavicAir with RF signal controller of course. https://dronedj.com/2018/04/02/more-details-on-rumored-sony-image-sensor-for-dji-mavic-pro-ii-2/

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Sold my Mavic and got a second Inspire 2. I miss the portability of the Mavic

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Phantom 4 Pro here. Love it!!!!

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Nice video....... I dont do much editing, just the raw footage.