Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Just a heads up. Leather is a problem if you ordered it according to my dealer. I placed my order on 3/27 and I have not been given a VIN yet. Apparently leather is all allocated until mid May. They won't even get it in the build schedule until then :( I ordered a JLUR with color matched top and fenders.
Thank you for the update. I 'm right behind you, Leather and color match top. Seems like we can't catch a break.
images (1).jpg

StingGrayRubi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
one thing ive noticed, this is a really tough color to take pictures of! I have to admit, in some of the more recent photos...it has sort of a "greenish" hue to the color and Im not liking it at all. I need to see one of these in person to confirm that its indeed just like destroyer gray...something seems different about it though.

Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
More fun with Photoshop! Can't know for sure the correct dimensions of the vent decal, but maybe @pixeldecals can get that going! Who can concentrate with all these Sting-Gray deliveries happening?!

Now you got me started on fight club, Lol
JL Vent Decal Flames.jpg JL Vent Decal Leaf Silhouette.jpg JL Vent Decal Silhouette.jpg JL Vent Decal Sting-Gray Red.jpg JL Vent Decal Sting-Gray.jpg
JL Vent Decals.png
1DnZ.gif

jstew182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Sting-Gray
one thing ive noticed, this is a really tough color to take pictures of! I have to admit, in some of the more recent photos...it has sort of a "greenish" hue to the color and Im not liking it at all. I need to see one of these in person to confirm that its indeed just like destroyer gray...something seems different about it though.
All of these pictures are being taken with cell phones, they aren't going to produce perfectly represented colors especially in all the various scenarios they're being taken in. Also the auto iris and white balance on cell phones, plus I assume they're being taken by all different phone models as well aren't going to be consistent either.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
All of these pictures are being taken with cell phones, they aren't going to produce perfectly represented colors especially in all the various scenarios they're being taken in. Also the auto iris and white balance on cell phones, plus I assume they're being taken by all different phone models as well aren't going to be consistent either.
Lol I need to whip out my 18% Gray Card and take some properly white balanced exposed pics. Even then though if I used a white card to white balance the shade would change.

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
I’ve seen a Chrysler 300 in Ceramic Grey and it has that “greenish” or olive hue you mentioned...I’m sure the camera, natural lighting (overcast, sun, etc) plays a part. Honestly I thought that was a part of the warm/cool greys these colors (Destroyer/Ceramic/Sting) gives off :movember:

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Thank you for the update. I 'm right behind you, Leather and color match top. Seems like we can't catch a break.
images (1).jpg
Hey guys, I ordered leather with a premium soft top ordered on 4/9. I have a VIN, but still in D.
Sponsored