OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
But to who? Feels like finding professionals in my area is impossible.
The dealership’s body shop where I bought mine. Also got quotes from other collision and body shops, as well as other dealers (even a Chevy and ford dealer offered)

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
@Schmeegz I think it would look better with: :rock::like::rock:

flying+elvis.jpg

I agree but I'm being nice.

Just image if what we went through last year instead happened 4 years in row. So he's a better fan than I, cause I would have jump off the band wagon in hopes it would run over me at that point.

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree but I'm being nice.

Just image if what we went through last year instead happened 4 years in row. So he's a better fan than I, cause I would have jump off the band wagon in hopes it would run over me at that point.
And then miss the playoffs for 17 straight years!!!

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
But to who? Feels like finding professionals in my area is impossible.
House of Kolor has the paint code and the material in stock. It is not a simple system to apply but any body shop worth a damn should have no trouble. Ive sprayed similar systems in my garage. It is a Base coat, Mid coat, finish coat, Clear coat system. House of Kolor is legendary and been around since the 50s. Cant go wrong with their material.

In fact here you go with link....

http://houseofkolor.com/kolors/detail/?id=KDP2006&ref=formula-search&tab=formula#formula

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
House of Kolor has the paint code and the material in stock. It is not a simple system to apply but any body shop worth a damn should have no trouble. Ive sprayed similar systems in my garage. It is a Base coat, Mid coat, finish coat, Clear coat system. House of Kolor is legendary and been around since the 50s. Cant go wrong with their material.

http://houseofkolor.com/kolors/detail/?id=KDP2006&ref=formula-search&tab=formula#formula
If I knew anything at all about paint, that would be pretty cool. From what I can tell, you're saying the color is out there, and matching shouldn't be a problem. Do you think powder coating is a better or worse option than paint?

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.

It is actually a two stage color, not a three stage. It's your normal base coat/clear coat color. All top tier paint systems should have the formula in their systems. Hope this clears that up. :like:

Sponsored

Brew20MJO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Ocean Blue Metallic
Just placed my ordered this afternoon!!! Been trying to decide between Ocean Blue and Mojito and finally decided!! I’ll be trading in my 2014 Copperhead Pearl JKU Willy’s Wheeler. Dealer was saying it could be around 6 weeks. It’s going to be a stressful exciting wait

2C819BE7-B9E2-4950-85CE-615D78BEB094.jpeg

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Just placed my ordered this afternoon!!! Been trying to decide between Ocean Blue and Mojito and finally decided!! I’ll be trading in my 2014 Copperhead Pearl JKU Willy’s Wheeler. Dealer was saying it could be around 6 weeks. It’s going to be a stressful exciting wait

6 weeks?! Mine was built in 2 weeks and has been sitting waiting to be shipped for 2 months. I hope you get it in 6 weeks but be ready to wait longer.

StuckinNC

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL

Congrats on your order and I hope it comes quickly. I have already been waiting over 10 weeks but some have got theirs in less than a month. No telling, but good luck.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A) why is it a restraint?

B) I’m at 7 weeks and still not built

Brew20MJO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Ocean Blue Metallic

Just realized I may have ordered the wrong tires. I think I’ll be switching to the BSW tires instead of the OWL. They must have just added this option and didn’t notice until now. Just emailed dealer to change it for me.
Sponsored