Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Car & Driver cracks me up with their complete lack of comprehension of what these vehicles are for. Like, here is our in depth comparison of how these mountain bikes perform in the Tour De France.
...who cares? That's not the right tool for the job.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It's all about the click bait titles but these nuggets can't even do a 4 door vs 4 door comparison. Numbers are not surprising at all and really don't mean much.

1627057736903.png
Even then it's only 0.1 seconds 0-60.... hardly enough to be worried about, and probably never noticeable in the real world.

If anything, it's kind of embarrassing for Ford. Two less doors, 35% larger engine, two turbos (should allow quicker spooling), 60 more HP, two more gears... and they could only pull a 0.1 second faster 0-60 time than a 4-door 2.0 JL?

Edit:
How can the Bronco's 0-90 time be 14.7 seconds, but the quarter mile is 15.0 @ 91 MPH? 0.3 seconds for the final 1 MPH in the quarter? 91 MPH speed limiter? Something doesn't seem right...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
For a while, there was a lot of talk both on this board and the Bronco one that the base engines are heavily in Fords favor. Now the talk over on that board is "The power is adequate. Why would you want any more power?" Funny how the tune changes :)

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I'm more interested in torque. If I want speed - 392 is only way to go. Doen't mater what turbo 3.5 or whatever they might try and put in the Bronco. Also, what's with the 2 door vs 4 door - is that even worth publishing a comparison....c'mon man! Full disclosure, I have a Bronco on order but not going to replace either of my Wranglers!

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I'm more interested in torque. If I want speed - 392 is only way to go. Doen't mater what turbo 3.5 or whatever they might try and put in the Bronco. Also, what's with the 2 door vs 4 door - is that even worth publishing a comparison....c'mon man! Full disclosure, I have a Bronco on order but not going to replace either of my Wranglers!
Us as well, hence why ecodiesel was the route we chose.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Car & Driver cracks me up with their complete lack of comprehension of what these vehicles are for. Like, here is our in depth comparison of how these mountain bikes perform in the Tour De France.
...who cares? That's not the right tool for the job.
I agree with you about intended purposes being elsewhere, but ask the forum members who are anxious to remove the 99mph speed limiters what they think.

My EcoDiesel feels like it will pull a house off its foundation. That's what's important to me.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
If you want proper speed, buying a Wrangler is a waste of money.

Also. Of course the V6 Bronco is gonna be faster than V6 Wrangler. V6 Bronco has a turbo. Also, the Bronco has a crappy disposable trop that makes it faster.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I agree with you about intended purposes being elsewhere, but ask the forum members who are anxious to remove the 99mph speed limiters what they think.
That's not possible. If someone wants to go 100+ MPH and buys a Jeep, they're not thinking to begin with.