Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Always gotta watch out for the cats, sneaky little bastards never hear them come up on ya

think the scariest I’ve come across in the bush is a moose. Big ol bull standing on the trail as I came around a corner. Put the jeep in reverse and slowly back up 😅

my Mother just caught a cow and calf on their trail cams up at camp the other weekend

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1626437973007
On a backpacking trip in the Tetons, we were on the last day of a 4 night outing, almost done with the loop, and saw a cow moose ahead of us standing maybe five feet off the trail...staring us down. It was the time of year we guessed that she had a calf somewhere behind her. We couldn't turn around and go back, and after waiting for what seemed like forever with her not moving, we decided we had to give it a go. My father-in-law (yeah, the fact that the in-laws were on a 4 night backpacking trip with us is a whole other story) has a lot of experience with this type of thing, having been stationed in Alaska for a number of years. He told us we should be good if we just walk nice and steady along the trail and make no sudden moves, especially in her direction.

I'm not sure it was the smartest thing we ever did, but we got past. Her head was following us the entire time until we were out of line of site. I think that had me more nervous than the time I saw the bear (different trip, but also in the Tetons).

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
On a backpacking trip in the Tetons, we were on the last day of a 4 night outing, almost done with the loop, and saw a cow moose ahead of us standing maybe five feet off the trail...staring us down. It was the time of year we guessed that she had a calf somewhere behind her. We couldn't turn around and go back, and after waiting for what seemed like forever with her not moving, we decided we had to give it a go. My father-in-law (yeah, the fact that the in-laws were on a 4 night backpacking trip with us is a whole other story) has a lot of experience with this type of thing, having been stationed in Alaska for a number of years. He told us we should be good if we just walk nice and steady along the trail and make no sudden moves, especially in her direction.

I'm not sure it was the smartest thing we ever did, but we got past. Her head was following us the entire time until we were out of line of site. I think that had me more nervous than the time I saw the bear (different trip, but also in the Tetons).
Yep, Moose > Bears on pucker factor.

Had to walk past a pair coming down from the Bells a few years back. Tense moments as we were a bit away from tree line and the bull was loudly stomping out of the lake.

Rangers had cut the trail off from the parking lot but we were on our way back. No such warning from our side. :surprised:

Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Morning Jeepers & Jeepettes. Happy Friday. Will disappear for a few weeks.

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
I wanted to wait until I had him in my hands to share this with you. However I find I am so excited I want to do cartwheels outside. 5 years ago next month I lost my last boxer (Hampton) to kidney failure. I threw away just about everything of his and said I would not get another one. In those 5 years I was an uncle to another boxer and a English bulldog. We lost the bulldog last month at age 11. Anyway ... today I welcome the newest member of my family. He will be my 6th boxer. He comes to us from Summerville, SC. My brother is picking him up this morning and bringing him back to me.

Happy puppy day!

Capture.JPG

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I'm new here but I sure see a lot of wasted water by folks with their lawns. Some just need a little adjustment and it would be better, but there's some serious waste going on. I feel pretty good that I had my front yard converted to xeriscape and drip irrigation. Doin my part! lol
I am doing my part, not for the state but because of the price they charge for water here.
Los Angeles seems to have a water main break every other week because they don't want to spend the money to replace 100+ year old clay water mains resulting in hundreds of thousands of gallons of water being dumped back into the ocean. The do as I say, not as I do mentality doesn't set well with me ...

Sponsored