OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Last one for today. The blue changes a lot depending on the sunlight. Already getting a bunch of random compliments on the color and Jeep. Can't wait to see more on the road! 10686.jpeg
Is that leather I see? How you like it so far?

Donkey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep TJ Buggy, 1988 Comanche, 2015 Patriot, 91 Jeep YJ
Update to mine

After waiting the jeep was finally built and build sheet became available. Of course it was missing the two changes I had requested which was tow package and color matched top and then had a headliner and storage bag added to the order. I ended up deciding that was a little farther off from what I wanted so I asked my dealer to reorder.

Turns out that the dealer without my knowing had already re order my jeep with color matched top and tow package February 23 and has a ship date or as we know it as a build date of April 23. So now I have a new vin and a small wait in D1 again but at least I will definitely be join the full blue group.

And if anyone in the Tampa area is looking for an Ocean Blue Sahara automatic with leather, black hardtop, infotainment, led, and proximity entry. Let me know and I can give you the details to one that should be here in 2 to 3 weeks

Last edited:

4x4DETOUR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR - Ocean Blue (picked up 4/17/18!)
Is that leather I see? How you like it so far?
Yes, Black Leather. Looks really nice and feels great. I haven't really inspected it yet to see, if you can tell were its real leather vs. "pleather". Red stitching isn't to over-powering or obnoxious looking either. My wife really wanted the leather, I was unsure because because we plan to have the soft top down as much as possible. But for now 1.5 days into it......I'm glad we went with leather.!

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Yes, Black Leather. Looks really nice and feels great. I haven't really inspected it yet to see, if you can tell were its real leather vs. "pleather". Red stitching isn't to over-powering or obnoxious looking either. My wife really wanted the leather, I was unsure because because we plan to have the soft top down as much as possible. But for now 1.5 days into it......I'm glad we went with leather.!
Good to hear, I like being topless as much as possible as well, and switched to leather at the last minute.

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Good to hear, I like being topless as much as possible as well, and switched to leather at the last minute.
I must be a minority. I have leather in my recon, and got leather in my jl.... but im regretting it now that the hot weather is back. Sweaty seats are not my thing. Im already searching for seat covers that look nice and can be personalized. Wonder what will arrive first .. the seat covers or my jl. Ho hum.

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Last one for today. The blue changes a lot depending on the sunlight. Already getting a bunch of random compliments on the color and Jeep. Can't wait to see more on the road! 10686.jpeg
Thanks for posting the photos my brother, that color looks awesome in those shots!!! Congratulations on your new Jeep! I sure hope mine gets here next week! :clap:

Donkey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep TJ Buggy, 1988 Comanche, 2015 Patriot, 91 Jeep YJ
Is the steel bumper an option on the rubicon or is is standard? That appears to be a standard bumper.

Love the picture in the sun probably the best one posted yet.

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
My dealer just called, my Ocean Sahara was unloaded from train at 11am in Orlando.
Left Toledo last Wednesday. Hopefully loaded onto carrier soon,for the final 140 miles south to my dealership.
Would love to have on Saturday. Super excited now. Guess next week is MOD week!

Ordered January 26th.
Hope everyone else gets theirs quickly.

Sponsored

4x4DETOUR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR - Ocean Blue (picked up 4/17/18!)
Steel bumper is an option, I also went standard bumper as I will be adding an aftermarket one down the line anyhow.
Is the steel bumper an option on the rubicon or is is standard? That appears to be a standard bumper.

Love the picture in the sun probably the best one posted yet.
Yes. Standard plastic bumper. Some sure differences from the Sport and Sahara though. I agree with @Schmeegz . Went with standard and a year from now plan on putting a custom bumper.

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
CB662634-9A87-4FBA-930A-551F7BFAE55F.png
Hasn’t rained since October, now that I want to take off the hardtop after I pick it up Saturday and tKe a nice drive.
Now it decides to rain...PERFECT!

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
Yes. Standard plastic bumper. Some sure differences from the Sport and Sahara though. I agree with @Schmeegz . Went with standard and a year from now plan on putting a custom bumper.
Same here, ordered the standard plastic bumper. Dennis Dillon is ordering my new bumpers for installation as soon as my blue baby is delivered. I went with Poison Spyder Bruiser front bumper and ICI Magnum rear bumper(this one has the holes for the rear sensors and will also allow for a 35" tire whenever I decide to upgrade).

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Same here, ordered the standard plastic bumper. Dennis Dillon is ordering my new bumpers for installation as soon as my blue baby is delivered. I went with Poison Spyder Bruiser front bumper and ICI Magnum rear bumper(this one has the holes for the rear sensors and will also allow for a 35" tire whenever I decide to upgrade).
Post some pics once those new bumpers are installed :) I didnt see anything I liked at the time I ordered and figured I could recoup the cost easily enough selling the steel ones if something I liked better came along.

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
Post some pics once those new bumpers are installed :) I didnt see anything I liked at the time I ordered and figured I could recoup the cost easily enough selling the steel ones if something I liked better came along.
Absolutely will post some but the way things are going I'm not really expecting my all blue Rubi to show up till late May or early June
Sponsored