Sponsored

Ocean Blue Sahara showed up at local dealer in NJ today

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
areeeeeeeeeeeeee you going to finish the story or leave us in suspense?
There is really too much to list. I've sold cars years ago, I always have 2 cars that I lease so I do this purchasing process often and this is the worst, most lost and oblivious dealership I've even been to.

But by all means maybe I just had bad luck and it'll be different for you, I encourage you to find out for yourself ;D

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha r6, Infiniti q60s conv, 2021 HYDRO RUBI
There is really too much to list. I've sold cars years ago, I always have 2 cars that I lease so I do this purchasing process often and this is the worst, most lost and oblivious dealership I've even been to.

But by all means maybe I just had bad luck and it'll be different for you, I encourage you to find out for yourself ;D
Oh def not me I already went to another dealer in Jersey. pfttttt

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It definitely seemed like it, I walked out thinking wtf just happened?...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The first dealership I went to left me feeling like that. The second wasn't a whole lot better but at least the saleswoman knew how to submit a sold order (unlike the first guy). Now my problem is that the parts/service departments just can't seem to locate the tires I'm asking for. I keep getting sent quotes for 35" KO2's in load E, when I ask for C. There are a lot of incompetent dealers out there.

Sponsored

albatross

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 1993 YJ
Upfront I'll say I'm not the biggest fan of blue vehicles. This shade doesnt look bad, even if it is a bit purple-ish.

For some reason, the one color Jeep cant seem to nail is blue. The last time they had an awesome blue, in my opinion, was when they offered Gunmetal Pearl on TJs (XJs too, I think).

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Nice color. Our Ocean Blue Rubicon is in final inspection. Can't wait to see her in person. We thought about the Fire Cracker red but didn't think we needed three red cars.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What didn't you like about Route 18 if you don't mind me asking?
You really want to know? ok... lol

I inquired to see white rubi they had on the lot "internet sales" aka the appointment maker called me and would not discuss anything except confirm its there and ask when I could come in. Right away I knew what I was in for but I did want to see it up close and take it out for a test drive so I set the appointment for the same day and headed down there right after work.

I show up at the dealer go right to the receptionist and tell her about my appointment blah blah blah, she get called up to come out and greet me but never does so they pair me up with some newb sales guy (pretty nice actually) who has no idea about anything, tries to look up the vehicle in the computer (looks at JKs) cant find it..... disappears somewhere running around the lot for like half hour finally comes back saying they just sold it but we can workout out a deal on a red one (they had 2 identical ones) ... ok let see what you got.

skit thru the test drive were back in the show room running the numbers, I bring in my trade right away they appraise it at $8k upside down (i expected that) and proceeds to ask me how were going to do this. I tell them dont worry about the trade what are you willing to do on your car? He says ill give you $500 under sticker (He knew of deals I was quoted out of state) so I got up and said sorry but why would I but a car from you for this amount when I can get it from someone else for $5-6k less. He brings me up to his manager who doesn't even make eye contact and clearly not even interested in talking to me all he says was "you'll be back...I had people say the same thing and they were BS offers"

Many phone calls later they still tried to bring me back in even after I nicely insisted that I will never buy anything from them.

There's more dirt but I tried to keep it as short as possible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
luchentos

luchentos

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
You really want to know? ok... lol

I inquired to see white rubi they had on the lot "internet sales" aka the appointment maker called me and would not discuss anything except confirm its there and ask when I could come in. Right away I knew what I was in for but I did want to see it up close and take it out for a test drive so I set the appointment for the same day and headed down there right after work.

I show up at the dealer go right to the receptionist and tell her about my appointment blah blah blah, she get called up to come out and greet me but never does so they pair me up with some newb sales guy (pretty nice actually) who has no idea about anything, tries to look up the vehicle in the computer (looks at JKs) cant find it..... disappears somewhere running around the lot for like half hour finally comes back saying they just sold it but we can workout out a deal on a red one (they had 2 identical ones) ... ok let see what you got.

skit thru the test drive were back in the show room running the numbers, I bring in my trade right away they appraise it at $8k upside down (i expected that) and proceeds to ask me how were going to do this. I tell them dont worry about the trade what are you willing to do on your car? He says ill give you $500 under sticker (He knew of deals I was quoted out of state) so I got up and said sorry but why would I but a car from you for this amount when I can get it from someone else for $5-6k less. He brings me up to his manager who doesn't even make eye contact and clearly not even interested in talking to me all he says was "you'll be back...I had people say the same thing and they were BS offers"

Many phone calls later they still tried to bring me back in even after I nicely insisted that I will never buy anything from them.

There's more dirt but I tried to keep it as short as possible.
I gotchu. I have no clue how some of these dealerships survive with all the B.S. when there are clearly others out there that don't. I don't plan on getting it from here cause I felt the same thing but all in my area are like that. They are the only one around me that have a couple of the unique colors on their lot for me to see in person so it helps me in that way just to drive through.

RMC

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU, 2016 JKU Rubicon, 1973 FJ40
I'm sorry to hear that some of you get the run around. My 2018 JLU Rubicon shown above was purchased at Jasper Jeep in Jasper Ga. I bought my first Jeep there in 1988 and have purchased 4 JK's, 2 JKU's, a Charger RT, and now this JLU since. They don't treat me different than anyone else they deal with. Prior to ordering this one I was shown the configuration review and shown the MSRP, FWP (invoice I think), the dealer hold back (HB) and other things I'm not quite sure what they were (FFP and EP).

I'm saying that to tell you that I paid invoice with no other fees or charges. I was also given an amount for 2016 Rubicon that would be the least I would be given for it. On trade in day, I was given $1000 more than the bottom number and a Jeep Cooler! And if you're curious, The bottom number was $2000 less than I had asked for my trade. My trade needed new Rubi tires, so I was ok with $1000 less.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions......I'll be glad to show the documents I was provided.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions......I'll be glad to show the documents I was provided.
I'm not salty. Because of them I got a MUCH better deal on exactly what I want.
Sponsored