New 4XE arrival today

CodyDog

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE /2021 F250 7.3L King Ranch FX4
Several months ago I was able to take over a dealer 4XE order (December). We had owned two Wranglers in the past (95 and 2014). After waiting months (delivery delays/ original delivery date of 1-20-21) for the 4XE, I took another route and purchased 2021 Ford F250 to tow a 27ft trailer we decided to order.

My wife drives a 2015 Lexus GX460 which is a heck of a 4 wheel drive vehicle. With that being said, I talked her into considering the 4XE as a her primary vehicle instead of a new GX460. So we kept the order in place ($500 deposit) and waited for the Rubicon to come in.

Today we went to the dealer and my wife took a test drive. If I was a betting man, I would have bet she would opted for the 21 Lexus GX460. We had gone by the Lexus dealer an hour before arriving at the Jeep dealership to look at the 21 GX460's.

Make a long story short, My wife loved the 4XE and we traded in the GX 460. I am very impressed with the power, handling and comfort of this Rubicon. Looking forward to getting some wheel time.

Sales person sated that the Jeep rep told him ours was the first one to be delivered in Texas. Wonder if that is so.

Jeep Wrangler JL New 4XE arrival today IMG_7136
Sponsored

Last edited:

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Several months ago I was able to take over a dealer 4XE order (December). We had owned two Wranglers in the past (95 and 2014). After waiting months (delivery delays/ original delivery date of 1-20-21) for the 4XE, I took another route and purchased 2021 Ford F250 to tow a 27ft trailer we decided to order.

My wife drives a 2015 Lexus GX460 which is a heck of a 4 wheel drive vehicle. With that being said, I talked her into considering the 4XE as a her primary vehicle instead of a new GX460. So we kept the order in place ($500 deposit) and waited for the Rubicon to come in.

Today we went to the dealer and my wife took a test drive. If I was a betting man, I would have bet she would opted for the 21 Lexus GX460. We had gone by the Lexus dealer an hour before arriving at the Jeep dealership to look at the 21 GX460's.

Make a long story short, My wife loved the 4XE and we traded in the GX 460. I am very impressed with the power, handling and comfort of this Rubicon. Looking forward to getting some wheel time.

Sales person sated that the Jeep rep told him ours was the first one to be delivered in Texas. Wonder if that is so.

Jeep Wrangler JL New 4XE arrival today IMG_7136
I'm in Texas as well and will be negotiating on a 4xe tomorrow. Do you mind sharing what kind of discount off of MSRP or Off Invoice you got? I've seen forum members getting below invoice on the 4xe, but mostly those are orders and in different regions. Just curious what kind of discount off of MSRP we can expect. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
CodyDog

CodyDog

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers in Austin/San Antonio were not willing to discount as much as other places I have read about on the forum. My situation was unique in the sense that I did not place an order from scratch, I took over one of two orders the dealer had in place. The dealers I visited indicated that the couple they were allocated would not need to be discounted to sell.

I ended up getting $1,600 off MSRP and high KBB value ($3K more than I should have) on my trade. Not a great deal but I wasn't willing to wait any longer.

graniterubi2dr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
Just placed my order yesterday at Koons in DC, granite 4Xe Rubicon, steel bumpers and sky one touch. I'm on the "wait list" so my order hasn't even gone in yet. I think this will be a long wait but its great seeing all the pictures from everyone. they all look great! Can't wait to get mine and post here one day!

has anyone gotten a level 2 charger yet? is it worth it, if so what brand did you decide on.

Mike W

Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Just placed my order yesterday at Koons in DC, granite 4Xe Rubicon, steel bumpers and sky one touch. I'm on the "wait list" so my order hasn't even gone in yet. I think this will be a long wait but its great seeing all the pictures from everyone. they all look great! Can't wait to get mine and post here one day!

has anyone gotten a level 2 charger yet? is it worth it, if so what brand did you decide on.

Mike W
Hope they get you moving soon. Level 2 charger is totally worth it IMHO. Cuts charge time from 12+ hours to two or three.

OP
OP
CodyDog

CodyDog

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mike W
I'm definitely getting a level 2 charger.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I ordered a Grizzl-e which was delivered this week but I haven't installed it yet so I can't offer any word on performance. I can tell you I love the build quality though.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I ordered a Grizzl-e which was delivered this week but I haven't installed it yet so I can't offer any word on performance. I can tell you I love the build quality though.
Grizzl-E is what I am using. Good no-frills charger that gets the job done. I limited mine to 24 amps via the internal dip switches because my plug is on a 30 amp breaker using 10 AWG wire. Still charges from <1% to 100% in about 2.5 hours.

AVVATX

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara

Mike W
I stopped by KOONS at Tyson. The salesman was very respectful and professional but his sales manager was so rude and racist. She told me that nobody was leasing 4xe’, if I want it I need to purchase it.
I went right away to Lindsay in Centreville. I was able to make a great deal thanks to Zian and Louis the sales manager.

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I stopped by KOONS at Tyson. The salesman was very respectful and professional but his sales manager was so rude and racist. She told me that nobody was leasing 4xe’, if I want it I need to purchase it.
I went right away to Lindsay in Centreville. I was able to make a great deal thanks to Zian and Louis the sales manager.
Lease rates are really good too, especially when they pass on the 7500 tax credit to the lease.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired

Mike W
A level 2 charger makes it possible to get a full charge a couple of times in the day. It's great for that around down stuff. Love having mine
Sponsored