JL in Europe

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
I'm really close in pulling the trigger for a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, so please keep me from doing this by providing some new information about pricing and availability! :) At the moment it's really tempting because I can get the GC now and then go have some fun. And it looks like it's going to be cheaper than JL (there are some good deals at the moment), but I'm afraid that on the long run I'll regret it.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Stefan, you will regret it believe me...
My dad had a Grand Cherokee and also one of my best friends. I had the TJ. They all wanted to drive my Jeep.
It depends on what you need or want: the GC is a better SUV, no doubt. But it isn’t as cool, doesn’t go everywhere, roof and doors don’t come off as a Wrangler does.
Good luck!

Sponsored

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
I'm really close in pulling the trigger for a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, so please keep me from doing this by providing some new information about pricing and availability! :) At the moment it's really tempting because I can get the GC now and then go have some fun. And it looks like it's going to be cheaper than JL (there are some good deals at the moment), but I'm afraid that on the long run I'll regret it.
Ha , could be my post ...
GC Trailhawk deals in Germany are incredible at the moment. Even for the V6.
I thought about buying a Trailhawk and pull the trigger on the JL in 2020 when the plug in Hybrid is available.
But I can't see a clever possibility to make that deal without losing a lot of money.

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
For me the last week was a struggle trying to make a choice. My mind tells me that I should take the GC offer and my heart is telling me to wait for JL.

I went today to a different dealer trying to find out more about JL. Nobody knows anything. Although I understand the reason behind it, I really hate this policy of announcing a new model and then... radio silence.

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
went today to a different dealer trying to find out more about JL. Nobody knows anything. Although I understand the reason behind it, I really hate this policy of announcing a new model and then... radio silence.
Yes, but Jeep dealers in Europe are sometimes a special kind of stupid. I'm in contact with 4 different dealers. 2 in my city, two in other areas of the country, one of them sold me my Renegade that I have at the moment. Nobody of them knows anything, because they are not even read the official statements by Jeep Germany. I know always more than them.
I'm amazed about the lack of effort they put in their job.

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
Info from dealers in Belgium

JL will be in showroom in september for traditional open doors.

No price list for now

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
All around Europe the same. Question is if 2dr will be shown, right now there is no one in production.

Sponsored

kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Jeep has done a huge mistake with these over priced JL & JUL's and once the hype is over Jeep will find these over priced Wranglers will not sell. There are a lot better designed and manufactured vehicles being built than these over priced Wranglers.
Fait is slowly destroying Jeep.
I differently wouldn't rush in and buy as their deprecation could be huge.
I would rather be driving a new BMW X3 for the same money and not worry about the tiny bit of 4x4 driving I won't be able to drive.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Jeep has done a huge mistake with these over priced JL & JUL's and once the hype is over Jeep will find these over priced Wranglers will not sell. There are a lot better designed and manufactured vehicles being built than these over priced Wranglers.
Fait is slowly destroying Jeep.
I differently wouldn't rush in and buy as their deprecation could be huge.
I would rather be driving a new BMW X3 for the same money and not worry about the tiny bit of 4x4 driving I won't be able to drive.
Orrrr, a Jeep is really cool and really fun. NOTHING quite like a Wrangler!!!

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/ehmk45fkgd/1-jeep-wrangler/#32d5aa36799f

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
In fact we don’t know how fast resale value will drop. As we know JKs were keeping the price pretty well, much better than X3. 2018/2019 for sure will be time to buy JK for lowered price. In Europe wranglers are not so popular, so I don’t expect huge sale numbers

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I would expect resale/residual to be similar to the JK? I think FCA is just trying first get JLs on dealer lots in the US and then it sounds like Sept time frame will start working more international demand. I have had mine for about a month now and couldn't be happier. I can't describe how excited I get when I look at in the garage or take it for a spin. It's worth the wait.

kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Once Jeeps gets past the first 12 months of sales to the die hard Jeep buyers I still believe Jeep will then find it hard to sell Wranglers due to its price. Unless discounting happens.
Sponsored