Sponsored

Quick California lease deal question...

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
Quick question, so last week I leased a Jeep from a well respected dealer, and got a very good deal, and leased my JL Sport. Very happy with the vehicle, no problems.

Yesterday they call me and say they forgot to add a standard fee, the lease termination fee (if I don't buy at the end of the lease), $395, which looking at the paperwork they sent me, looks to be a standard fee. (California lease paperwork, box 5.A)

Now I could probably just tell them to F-off, we have a signed contract, but they've been a good dealer and if this is a normal fee I don't mind paying it if I don't buy the vehicle because I understand that it's a business and not a charity. Also, I plan to buy the vehicle. ;) But you never know, best laid plans blah blah blah...

So I guess my question is, for those who have leased in California, is this a normal fee?

Thanks!

- Dale
Sponsored

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
It is a normal fee but I would just ignore them and tell them they should of checked their paperwork first. Your contract is already signed by both and more than likely no legal action can be taken against you. Either way it's not like they can charge it right away, only when u return the vehicle if you do which they will sell at a 4-5k mark up.

OP
OP

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
It is a normal fee but I would just ignore them and tell them they should of checked their paperwork first. Your contract is already signed by both and more than likely no legal action can be taken against you. Either way it's not like they can charge it right away, only when u return the vehicle if you do which they will sell at a 4-5k mark up.
That's what I figured, thanks. :)

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would advise them that you have "Doc Fee" of $395 for any paperwork that you need to handle .....Are they willing to pay this, if so you'll come back in.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
Quick question, so last week I leased a Jeep from a well respected dealer, and got a very good deal, and leased my JL Sport. Very happy with the vehicle, no problems.

Yesterday they call me and say they forgot to add a standard fee, the lease termination fee (if I don't buy at the end of the lease), $395, which looking at the paperwork they sent me, looks to be a standard fee. (California lease paperwork, box 5.A)

Now I could probably just tell them to F-off, we have a signed contract, but they've been a good dealer and if this is a normal fee I don't mind paying it if I don't buy the vehicle because I understand that it's a business and not a charity. Also, I plan to buy the vehicle. ;) But you never know, best laid plans blah blah blah...

So I guess my question is, for those who have leased in California, is this a normal fee?

Thanks!

- Dale
Bottom line what is payment
Sponsored