PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I thought I could see some metallic in the paint but it is very subtle if it is there.
Nice pics!

I have posted this before. I do believe it is a very fine gold flake mixed in with the clear. This would give it the lighter orange look in direct sunlight but would be very hard to see. It is not the traditional flake people think of when they hear metallic. I could be wrong but from the pics I have seen I think this may be what it is.

I had a custom motorcycle painted like this and it looks very similar to the shots we have seen so far.
Sponsored

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Does anyone know the color code for Punk'n Orange? I am a professional auto painter (28 years) I can look up the color formula and check to see if there is any pearl or metallic in the formula. Thanks!

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Does anyone know the color code for Punk'n Orange? I am a professional auto painter (28 years) I can look up the color formula and check to see if there is any pearl or metallic in the formula. Thanks!
PE4

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan and 981 Boxster Spyder; Jeep JLUR Punk'n delivered 04-11-2018
Great pics! Now we just need more daytime pics. While you are at it can you remove the top, take the doors off, and drop the windshield? :cwl:
@$uicide$hift I am looking forward to getting back home and playing with the different configurations this jeep offers. Doors and top off is no doubt going to be a favorite for me. I tried to order the sunscreen cover from Mopar but was told that it is on national backorder. I guess that they are busy making soft tops right now!

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@$uicide$hift I am looking forward to getting back home and playing with the different configurations this jeep offers. Doors and top off is no doubt going to be a favorite for me. I tried to order the sunscreen cover from Mopar but was told that it is on national backorder. I guess that they are busy making soft tops right now!
That would be cool but I hope you know I was joking (trying to be a PITA) making that request :cwl:

Sponsored

cyyt

First Name
fil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
pe4

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
This is painful as I was in D1 for over a month and a half then when I check today they tell me I have only been in D1 for 8 days? so they must have moved me back to D then back to D1? This is hard as I ordered on 2-1 and now hopeful to get in May?

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
FlatLink-E-orange.jpg
HitchLink-2.0-orange-768x576.jpg

I ordered some accessories while I wait...

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is painful as I was in D1 for over a month and a half then when I check today they tell me I have only been in D1 for 8 days? so they must have moved me back to D then back to D1? This is hard as I ordered on 2-1 and now hopeful to get in May?
Yes many orders for the late availability colors were switched to D1 then flipped back to D. They are now painting those late availability colors Sting Gray, Ocean Blue, and our Punk'n Orange. I would not worry about the switch back and forth. Should be staying in D1 now until they run yours down the line. Yours may already be on the line with your order date. Those systems are not always updated and many have been much further along than reported.

Sponsored

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Okay, I looked up the paint code trying to find the color formula for Punk’n. Unfortunately because this is a brand new color, that information isn't yet available in the Standox Paint System database that I use. I am really curious myself to see if it has any pearl or metallic in the color. I'll keep y'all posted when this information becomes available. :like: Hope y'all get your Jeeps soon, have a great weekend!

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I installed the grill guard and the grab handles in the hotel parking lot. This color is great!
Awesome looking Punk'n, congrats on delivery. Grill guard? Is that aftermarket? You are not talking about the standard black grille inserts are you?

Ronster5

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘70 440 4-spd challenger, hydro Rubicon, waiting on punk’n Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome looking Punk'n, congrats on delivery. Grill guard? Is that aftermarket? You are not talking about the standard black grille inserts are you?
From the pic it looks like the actual MOPAR hoop. Guards the grill and wench.

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon