Sponsored

JL picture thread

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The Sahara wheels look hideous & cheap. They should have stuck to GLOSS black since Sahara is suppose to be the fancy mall crawler trim.
Sponsored

XFinn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon, Lexus NX 200t
I'm assuming that these are leaked/planted/insider pics. Who would snap these (same old) photos of yet another camo-mule exterior from literally a few feet away and not photograph the hell out of the interior? The damn thing is parked, unoccupied, and no one in sight! Really??? We're not stupid. Guess at this point, so close to the mystery SEMA/LA Auto Show/whatever reveal I'll just remain patient! :time::ontheloo:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Hold on, let me go sneak into the plant.

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I'm assuming that these are leaked/planted/insider pics. Who would snap these (same old) photos of yet another camo-mule exterior from literally a few feet away and not photograph the hell out of the interior? The damn thing is parked, unoccupied, and no one in sight! Really??? We're not stupid. Guess at this point, so close to the mystery SEMA/LA Auto Show/whatever reveal I'll just remain patient! :time::ontheloo:
Not an insider. Can confirm. Lol

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Uh, let’s see.. the obviously fake “metal” bright silver plastic trim in the bumper, the poorly designed wheels or maybe the running boards that look like plastic that was stepped on one too many times because they bow in the middle :puke:

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The flares are wider.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Good catch. As soon as I see the wider axle option along with the high fenders, I will be placing my order.
I think that option is called the Rubicon.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Is it just the angle of this photo, or width-wise do the front fenders stick out from the body, more than the rear fenders? And would that also mean the front axle width is wider than the rear axle width?

Sponsored

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
The rubicon rear bumper is wider.
bumper.jpg
Looks the same to me. Different angle - the rear flare part is what you have arrows to. You can see it in the non-arrow picture too.

Scaling off the licence plate - the box area in the bumper face looks exactly the same. Eh?

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think that option is called the Rubicon.
I assumed the wide axles were an optional upgrade.

Looking further back in the forum I see it is standard. Glad I don't have to pay extra for it.

JL Rubicon (standard)
Dana M210 Wide Front Axle / Dana M220 Wide Rear Axle

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks the same to me. Different angle - the rear flare part is what you have arrows to.
You are correct. I am referring to the rear flares. I assumed it is part of the rear bumper and that is why I said the "bumper" is wider.

Scaling off the licence plate - the box area in the bumper face looks exactly the same. Eh?
Yes, bumper face is the same but the "rear flares" are wider to accommodate the wider fender flares that Billy pointed out to me. Something I hadn't noticed before.
bumper2.jpg