Finally broke Christine in...hard

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
So, after prepping Christine to be off-road worthy, I stretched her legs last weekend at an off-road park here in NY. This place was slam packed with all kinds of home made mud rigs, 4-wheelers, etc. Of course, my Jeep was the only new JL out there and people were looking at me like I was crazy. Nonetheless, I had her doing some crazy rock crawling, mud trails, and actually went through some very tough terrain...much tougher than I planned on. I HAD to use my lockers several times, and used 4L in 1st and 2nd gears going down steep muddy hills. So much fun, and I didn't break anything but the undercarriage is scraped a little and I will be cleaning mud out for years to come lol. The Jeep's are amazing and very agile. I was rock crawling through spaces where trees were literally inches away on both sides from my fenders/doors. It was nerve racking but so cool. She has battle scars now from tree branches which are badges of honor.

or1.jpg

or2.jpg

or3.jpg

or4.jpg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Cool! How did the remote proximity entry hold up?

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool! How did the remote proximity entry hold up?
Well, even though it was CAKED in mud, it still worked. It took me a day to clean out the inside, and have been slowly working on the outside this week. I have pressure sprayed several times, and well, still lot's of mud to get from the undercarriage but my baby isn't a mall queen, so a little mud is ok :rock:

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Well, even though it was CAKED in mud, it still worked. It took me a day to clean out the inside, and have been slowly working on the outside this week. I have pressure sprayed several times, and well, still lot's of mud to get from the undercarriage but my baby isn't a mall queen, so a little mud is ok :rock:
I have heard of people setting up a lawn sprinkler underneath their Jeep and leaving it on over night to really clean out muck. They had said it looked clean and were shocked at how much additional mud was seen washed down the driveway the following morning.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have heard of people setting up a lawn sprinkler underneath their Jeep and leaving it on over night to really clean out muck. They had said it looked clean and were shocked at how much additional mud was seen washed down the driveway the following morning.
That's a great idea. It's been 5 days, and I am still finding dry mud on my driveway in the mornings when I go to get in it lol. I am not too concerned about it looking new again as that will be impossible, and it will get more mud inevitably in the future anyway. That stuff sets up like concrete if you don't hurry up and get it off the exterior though.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
That's a great idea. It's been 5 days, and I am still finding dry mud on my driveway in the mornings when I go to get in it lol. I am not too concerned about it looking new again as that will be impossible, and it will get more mud inevitably in the future anyway. That stuff sets up like concrete if you don't hurry up and get it off the exterior though.
Yes it is like concrete and best to get out as much of it as you can. After going through mud like that a lot of people will get their Jeep up on four jack stands, remove the tires, and make sure to really clean around the brakes. The mud that can get in there will lead to premature brake pad wear if in the mud often and you don't get all of that crap out of there.

Gill

First Name
Gill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80,84,85 CJ. 83 Scrambler 2912 JKU 2018 JL Rubicon (ordered)
Good for you. I have a black on black 2012 JKU and when you take them out and get them muddy people think you are crazy. You can get off road with your Jeep without tearing it up. You can't avoid getting them dirty if you have some fun with them.

I have a 2 door JL Rubicon coming some day. Ordered Feb 15th.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Looks like Mettowee! Btw pretty sure I saw your jeep off exit 12, I was eating in the diner and saw it drive by, looked really good with the red rims against the black.

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Thats what I call "Pollacking " in the woods

That is real art on the sides of that Rig !!!

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Mettowee off-road park in Granville NY.
Paul - I posted one of your Pics in the Humor waiting room thread with the "Pollacking" in the woods caption ....It went over quite well!!!!

It really does look like a Jackson Pollack ,,,,But in a Jeep way

Priceless

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha r6, Infiniti q60s conv, 2021 HYDRO RUBI
This thread has made me feel a type of way to every Christine I know now.
Sponsored