BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I’ll be that guy.

Based upon uncertainty of order to delivery timelines...and with chatter of builds in July :angry:

Is anyone, considering changing their order? :computerrage::facepalm::headbang::swear:
Not me. I want what I want. I could find other colors sitting on a lot somewhere. My truck is fine, I just wanted to downsize a little. I’m willing to wait. I didn’t order matching top or fenders though, but I would still wait.
Sponsored

StingGrey Rubi

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Nurse
This might sound a little nuts, but since they do not have a bikini top yet in aftermarket, and I’ll miss my old Jeep for nostalgic reasons, I’m ok waiting.......ok, not really, but I want what I ordered! Lol

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ok, so I didn't want to post until I knew for sure. I ordered mine today, with painted hardtop and fenders. I have a VON and now I'm officially part of the club.
Good sign. Kind of conflicts with RubiconZ’s previous post, but good for us nonetheless! Let’s get some VINs and ship dates! Screw the 2019 rumors, screw the July rumors. Let’s Gooooooo!

Chrisdoza

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku rubicon
A guy in Houston ordered one 3-2 and with a delivery date of 4-14. He had canceled so I was going to take that jeep, but then changed his/her mind again. The dealer is suppsped to let me know when the jeep comes in and if he/she cancels again.

Sponsored

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
My dealer indicated that I am in D1 but can expect the vehicle in the dealership around 4/24. As I have stated previously, there is no way it comes on the 24th for the simple reason that they do not exist. Difficult to believe that an order on 3/23 would be in line to get one of the first ones out ahead of the 6-8 week window. I only believe what I can see and I do not see a single Sting Gray Jeep anywhere. The one that keeps getting recycled on this thread is ore-production and doesn’t count. Besides, the fact that I can be in D1 and have the vehicle in 2 weeks doesn’t make sense even if it was a white Rubicon we were talking about. I find it very hard to believe that all of a sudden FCA is going to all of a sudden open up the garage and roll out with 23k of these backordered vehicles.

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
If I had ordered a color-matched hard top I would be upset, or if I had waited for Sting-Gray and now have to decide whether to skip the color-matched top or wait until late delivery I would also be upset. And I would want some definitive information so I could make up my mind.

But I think you are putting some things together that don't necessarily go together.

- I would not be surprised if there are issues with the color matching hard top. And those issues may cause delays building them

- The 6 week gap between when ordering opened and when (we hope) they start being built is not unusual

- The reason there is only 1 Sting-Gray is that it is a pre-production paint spec that was sent to a dealer. This is also not unusual

- The fact that the first one built is an auto with a black hard top is also not surprising. That's the first configuration they do for everything

- Jeep chat is not participating in some grand conspiracy to keep the truth about sting-gray from us

- Jeep would not do a press release to announce a delay in the availability of an option on a low-volume late-availability color for the Wrangler

- Jeep has guidelines for how long things are in each phase, but they are not deadlines. Clearly. There are a lot of Jeeps that haven't met that timeline

So far, I would say with the exception of color-matched tops, Sting-Gray is right on schedule. If they don't start building in the next two weeks then maybe I will change my mind on that. I ordered on February 29th and told my wife I thought I would get it in early June. I think that is a realistic, appropriate expectation.
- Jeep would not do a press release to announce a delay in the availability of an option on a low-volume late-availability color for the Wrangler

Specific to the above...”low-volume late-availability color”...to be be specific, do you mean the body colored top, or Sting Gray color, period (dot)

Trying to decipher if you mean Sting Gray is a low-volume color run, or simply the option.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray

Dub76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
My dealer indicated that I am in D1 but can expect the vehicle in the dealership around 4/24. As I have stated previously, there is no way it comes on the 24th for the simple reason that they do not exist. Difficult to believe that an order on 3/23 would be in line to get one of the first ones out ahead of the 6-8 week window. I only believe what I can see and I do not see a single Sting Gray Jeep anywhere. The one that keeps getting recycled on this thread is ore-production and doesn’t count. Besides, the fact that I can be in D1 and have the vehicle in 2 weeks doesn’t make sense even if it was a white Rubicon we were talking about. I find it very hard to believe that all of a sudden FCA is going to all of a sudden open up the garage and roll out with 23k of these backordered vehicles.
WHAT? 23K ALREADY? WOW

Sponsored

Efrain

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
I’ll be that guy.

Based upon uncertainty of order to delivery timelines...and with chatter of builds in July :angry:

Is anyone, considering changing their order? :computerrage::facepalm::headbang::swear:
I'm between Black or Sting Gray. But looking at Sting Gray up close... Man! She's sexy!