donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I used to go to Sturgis every year, on my Harley-Davidson.

Last year I went to Sturgis on my Jeep and got caught in a hail storm.

Jeep suffered a dozen or so dings, but the windshield didn't break. :)

The hard top laughed at the rail, no damage at all.

Scroll down to the last few images and the video:

https://donmontalvo.com/2020/08/09/sturgis-aug-6th-thru-8th/

RIP11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
For those of you with the iKamper, was it a good overall purchase? .. Kind of a hard pill to swallow at $6000 and $2500 for the Rhino Rack.

These are Canadian prices.
We love our iKamper, we are a family of 5 and for now the kids are all small enough that we fit perfectly. Super easy set up and take down, have been in it in decent wind, rain and snow and done great. We'd highly recommend it.....if you need more pics or set up info i'm happy to help with anything or our instagram is wild_ride_jl

E69C147E-0A67-4E32-929C-10B1D7B277A8.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
We love our iKamper, we are a family of 5 and for now the kids are all small enough that we fit perfectly. Super easy set up and take down, have been in it in decent wind, rain and snow and done great. We'd highly recommend it.....if you need more pics or set up info i'm happy to help with anything or our instagram is wild_ride_jl

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep IMG_3180.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep IMG_3180.JPG
Looks fantastic (also, beautiful bskc drops) - we'll be doing the 2.0 so we can fit two doggos as well.

Sponsored

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Thanks for the info.

I was looking at the 2.0, however I will be mounting it to a rhino rack platform with the backbone system. Apparently its off road dynamic load is only 138lbs, while the iKamper 2.0 weighs around 155lbs.

I would like to get the 2.0, but not sure about about the weight.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep jk

I'm still waiting for my JL Rubi order to show up, but here's my JK camping out in the Mojave Preserve a few months after I bought it in 2012. Before I started modding it up, ha.

Can't wait for the JL to get here so I can get back out into the desert again.

Sponsored

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, you guys take camping to the next level with the trailers, portable kitchens and roof top tents! Love it!

Definitely something to aspire to, but for now I like to keep it simple and lightweight with just an ARB Single Swag and Stretcher.

IMG_8689-Edit.jpg

TheConquerorWorm

First Name
Rusty S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, ordered ('21 JLUR)
Occupation
Trouble Maker
Anyone running a sleep system in their Jeep? I’m 6’2” and wondering how plausible it’s be for short trips.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Anyone running a sleep system in their Jeep? I’m 6’2” and wondering how plausible it’s be for short trips.
One of my Jeep buds has the JL Deep Sleep. He loves it. He has camped 16 days straight with me while we chased badges.

the only thing is it is a pain because everything has to come out of the back and get stacked on the front seats, Then blow it up. Then reverse everything in the morning. It is about a half an hour to set up then a half hour so un set up. So it is a little time consuming.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I'm going to rig up a basic stealth setup for short solo trips. I see lots of this kind of thing on youtube. Move the passenger seat all the way up and put in a narrow mattress on that side. People recommend going to Walmart and buying a foam mattress topper then cutting it to the width needed. Pack light so you can put your gear on the left side and you on the right side. I don't want to have to go to a lot of trouble for setup at night, just crawl in the sleeping bag. My plan is to remove the back seat for this kind of trip and put in a strip of plywood to extend forward and cover the spot where the seat was, that gives a little bit more room for storage of misc. gear. With the back seat in place and folded down the floor isn't flat but you could still put a strip of plywood in there to make the floor flat, it would just slope up a little bit where it goes over the folded seat. Depending on how difficult it is to get the seat out, I may just do this (plus where would I store the seat at home temporarily). The first time I might be able to do a solo trip would be in May so I will experiment a little bit before then.
Sponsored