RHD JL wrangler

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
As a rural mail carrier, I'm interested in whether the Rhd version in the unlimited JL will be available immediately along with the launch of the JL?
Sponsored

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
As a rural mail carrier, I'm interested in whether the Rhd version in the unlimited JL will be available immediately along with the launch of the JL?
And the RHD version also needs better pedal placement than the RHD JK's have...

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
You can use a personal vehicle for delivering mail? How cool is that!

OP
OP
Lee H Greidanus

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
We are the only ones allowed to purchase the Rhd Jeeps here in the USA they make working allot more comfortable.

Pete01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Am are you sure about that mate??? Teraflex have/had RHD JK's for a while now. It's what they have been using to develop and test there gear for RHD models...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lee H Greidanus

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Am are you sure about that mate??? Teraflex have/had RHD JK's for a while now. It's what they have been using to develop and test there gear for RHD models...
Pretty sure when it comes to the purchase of a Rhd from a Jeep dealer we were required to show USPS identification

OP
OP
Lee H Greidanus

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Pretty sure when it comes to the purchase of a Rhd from a Jeep dealer we were required to show USPS identification
We might not be in the same page since I'm speaking of sale to general public and i think your talking about developing stuff for the jk/jl

OP
OP
Lee H Greidanus

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
I know this applies to very few of us, but you can no longer build and price a right hand drive Jeep wrangler on the Jeep website right now. I know it could be an update, or they have stopped making them for North America until the JL arrives.

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I know this applies to very few of us, but you can no longer build and price a right hand drive Jeep wrangler on the Jeep website right now. I know it could be an update, or they have stopped making them for North America until the JL arrives.
The current dealer order guide, dated 5/10/17, still lists the RHD.

Sponsored

Mb123

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD
We are the only ones allowed to purchase the Rhd Jeeps here in the USA they make working allot more comfortable.
That is not correct. I'm a 33 year employee as a rural carrier. I've purchased 3 RHD Wranglers, never had to show postal employment verification to buy my '05, '09, or '16 Wranglers. I also purchased a '99 Saturn RHD station wagon, no requirement there either.

Mb123

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD
Most rural carriers are required to provide their own vehicle. Although there are some routes that the USPS are providing vehicles.

Heaven W

First Name
Heaven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Lee that's not true. I work for the post office as well. Out off all the jeeps I've purchased, I've never had to show the dealership any type of postal identification. They can care less as long as they make a sale they will sell you anything you ask for.

OP
OP
Lee H Greidanus

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Lee that's not true. I work for the post office as well. Out off all the jeeps I've purchased, I've never had to show the dealership any type of postal identification. They can care less as long as they make a sale they will sell you anything you ask for.
I just purchased a 2017 Rhd wrangler a month ago and the dealer I purchased from in Sioux Falls didn't need the verification. That wasn't true when I purchased my 2011 Rhd wrangler from a dealer in Oklahoma though so my bad. It sucks that I couldn't get a JL Rhd in my timeframe guess I will trade the 2017 as soon as the JL is available for me.
Sponsored