Sponsored

Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics!

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
I had to revert the same mod last week. Not sure if I purchased the wrong antenna from Amazon or if I installed it incorrectly. Normally I can pick up a Sports Channel after topping a particular hill on I-26 and listen to it all the way to Columbia. With the stubby antenna I had to wait until about 15 miles outside of town to pick the station up.

Hope your mod goes better than mine did.

Sponsored

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
I need to get one of those stubby antennas. I don't ever listen to FM radio and I hate the way the stock antenna sways all around.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I had to revert the same mod last week. Not sure if I purchased the wrong antenna from Amazon or if I installed it incorrectly. Normally I can pick up a Sports Channel after topping a particular hill on I-26 and listen to it all the way to Columbia. With the stubby antenna I had to wait until about 15 miles outside of town to pick the station up.

Hope your mod goes better than mine did.
Yes, the AM/FM reception takes a hit when you install much shorter antenna's, that is a given. Even the real popular, 24-inch AntennaX after market offering that is known to be very good, takes a hit reception wise.

As far as Sirius/XM satellite radio, that is not impacted at all when you remove/change the AM FM "antenna".

The "satellite radio receiver" is what is used for SiriusXM reception.

On the Wrangler JK and JL, the "satellite radio receiver" for use with SiriusXM resides up on top of the sound bar/roll bar, just above and behind the passenger.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What about a stub mounted to the top of the front windshield? Tacky?

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nice setup with the hoist. Did you make it or buy it someone where?
Made it. Picked up all of it at Home Depot for about $50. I really like the straps because they have a button and will release tension as you wish. They are rated at 500lb each. 10 bucks each for the straps.

Also grabbed the black pipe insulation 3/4 inch i think and cut into 4 pieces and wrapped the cords with it to protect the corners. If you blow up the picture you can see those really well.

Rays1stJEEP

First Name
Ray Larson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler unlimited JL
Made it. Picked up all of it at Home Depot for about $50. I really like the straps because they have a button and will release tension as you wish. They are rated at 500lb each. 10 bucks each for the straps.

Also grabbed the black pipe insulation 3/4 inch i think and cut into 4 pieces and wrapped the cords with it to protect the corners. If you blow up the picture you can see those really well.
Thanks. Looks like I'll be at Home Depot this weekend. Any chance you can post the name or put a link to those straps?