Sponsored

DC - Maryland - Virginia

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
It's not bad. We went up there last weekend for our first excursion in the Rubi and had a great time. Nothing challenging, but it was fun nevertheless. They have a small creek crossing so you can splash through it. They also have several ponds and the hiking is great as well.
Yeah we went up when it wasn't covered in snow. Some little offshoots you can go on, mostly gravel- but I am going to keep exploring around!
Sponsored

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A group from the forum has set up an April 14th ride at Rausch Creek! Some of us will be wheeling April 15th too.

We have a group on the Rausch site called "JL Wrangler Forum Trail Ride". Feel free to log on and sign up!

It shows up as a blue 5 ride, but don't worry we won't wheel on anything beyond our weakest Jeep's capability.

All information on membership & fees can be found here: http://rc4x4.org/park-information/membership/.
Trail info can be found here: http://rc4x4.org/trail-system/. Also listed on that trail page are some phone apps that include the trail maps.

Last edited:

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
A group from the forum has set up an April 14th ride at Rausch Creek! Some of us will be wheeling April 15th too.

We have a group on the Rausch site called "JL Wrangler Forum Trail Ride". Feel free to log on and sign up!

It shows up as a blue 5 ride, but don't worry we won't wheel on anything beyond our weakest Jeep's capability.

All information on membership & fees can be found here: http://rc4x4.org/park-information/membership/.
Trail info can be found here: http://rc4x4.org/trail-system/. Also listed on that trail page are some phone apps that include the trail maps.
I would totally sign up for this if I weren't on vacation.. I'll have to try for the next trip (though I have little off road experience).

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I would totally sign up for this if I weren't on vacation.. I'll have to try for the next trip (though I have little off road experience).
When we do another trip I will post it here again. We have several newbies on this ride, so do not let that keep you from joining.

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
When we do another trip I will post it here again. We have several newbies on this ride, so do not let that keep you from joining.
I look forward to it. Yea, I'm new to the Jeep family. Lots still to learn.

Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I am also interested. Since this is my first jeep, I have no idea what to expect to take it off road. If you don't mind, I have a lot newbie questions:
Do you have any general idea on the start to finish time? (Just want to plan ahead before signing up)
This might be a super stupid question to ask--- is it safe to bring along a 16 mo old toddler in a car seat? Obviously just for easy trails, no rock climbing.

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am also interested. Since this is my first jeep, I have no idea what to expect to take it off road. If you don't mind, I have a lot newbie questions:
Do you have any general idea on the start to finish time? (Just want to plan ahead before signing up)
This might be a super stupid question to ask--- is it safe to bring along a 16 mo old toddler in a car seat? Obviously just for easy trails, no rock climbing.
We are looking to start at 10:30 am as some are driving 4 hrs to get there. We will ride until dinner time. I can't really answer the 16 month old question. There maybe others here who can though.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
We are looking to start at 10:30 am as some are driving 4 hrs to get there. We will ride until dinner time. I can't really answer the 16 month old question. There maybe others here who can though.
Thank you for explaining. I am convinced myself that it is not a good idea to bring along a toddler especially for the first time.
Another question, is the trail one big loop which someone cannot turnaround? I am hoping it includes multiple trails, so it would be possible to leave a bit early if I have to.

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you for explaining. I am convinced myself that it is not a good idea to bring along a toddler especially for the first time.
Another question, is the trail one big loop which someone cannot turnaround? I am hoping it includes multiple trails, so it would be possible to leave a bit early if I have to.
There are several trails. Trail info can be found here: http://rc4x4.org/trail-system/. Also listed on that trail page are some phone apps that include the trail maps.

JL_Joey

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Firecracker Red (Ordered)
I'm waiting for delivery of my JLU. Soon as I get it, would love to link up with other local Jeep owners.

Sponsored

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Sahara JL, 14' MB E550,13' S6 , 07' Ram 2500
Occupation
AMT
I'm in Haymarket VA and new to the Jeep family, Have a 18' JLU Sahara. I purchased at Lindsay in Manassas for about 12% off of MSRP.

cwhrpwr

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited & 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
Occupation
USCG
I have a stock JLUR - some trail exp. thinking I might try to make it. Gonna look into it! I'm at Fort Belvoir, VA. Would like to get my winch installed at least before I head out...we'll see.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Would love to attend, though my schedule won't allow it. Keep us posted and I'll definitely catch some of the rides. Have a blast this weekend and take pictures!

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara

Man that sounds like fun, but looking at the Blue 5, my stock Sahara is going to be out. I hope you guys post lots of pics!

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a stock JLUR - some trail exp. thinking I might try to make it. Gonna look into it! I'm at Fort Belvoir, VA. Would like to get my winch installed at least before I head out...we'll see.
Anyone who wants to join us send me a PM for details.
Sponsored