STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I think you are putting the Sting-Gray color in the same basket as a bunch of other options/colors, some of which aren't even available yet. I think it's fair to say that some of those colors/options will begin production before others. This thread is specifically about the Sting-Gray color, which is why I was confused when you were talking about none being delivered until the same time as the 2019 model year. I think that is an unrealistically pessimistic estimate for SG Jeeps. There's one guy that already has an ETA on Sting-Gray.

And then you went and called your Jeep a truck... shame on you! :no:
Agreed, shame on me
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Was the Nissani Sting Gray sold yet? Would be great to get the buyer to post additional pics. At the rate we're going it's gonna be a while before we can look our own
Still for sale according to website. See page 14 of this thread for the link.

It could be kind of fun stalking the eventual buyer and asking for pics. We could ask them for pics of their hands touching the Jeep or something vaguely creepy like that and see how it goes.

Dub76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Several members have been given tentative "ship" build dates of next week. They will either introduce the new color next week or not. Everything else is a parts shortage that affects all colors. Any parts shor9tage will push all builds down - even 2019's until it is resolved.

I am still banking that SG gets added to the mix this month.
I ordered 2 jeeps the same day.. One granite crystal and the other was sting gray.. Granite crystal ready delivered and sting gray still in D status 36 days later.. Dont think it's a "parts thing"

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I ordered 2 jeeps the same day.. One granite crystal and the other was sting gray.. Granite crystal ready delivered and sting gray still in D status 36 days later.. Dont think it's a "parts thing"
Of course they haven't even started producing Sting-Gray yet. Plus there are parts that are color-specific and some are made by outside vendors.

That's what we get with late colors. It comes late.

Sponsored

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
I ordered two Jeeps the same day as well. A Sting Gray Rubicon and a White Sahara, both with similar options. I am wondering myself how the color affects delivery time.

Sponsored

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Is the etorque engine going to be the base engine in the 2019's?
Yes. Engines available for the 2019 model year will be the new eTorque, 2.0 Turbo, and new diesel. I believe the eTorque is the same Pentastar V6 w/ ESS but will also include BSG (please correct me if I am wrong). The good news is the eTorque will be introduced in the 2019 Ram 1500 so FCA should be able to address any issues before the It goes in any Jeeps.

(Can’t believe I just inferred I have faith in FCA! Haha)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
At least there would be some pictures in this thread.
How about a picture of your YJ? I had a '94. My favorite vehicle ever. my wife convinced me to sell it when we had our first child and i have wanted to get another Jeep ever since.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
This is not a brand new color for FCA. Destroyer Gray is exactly the same as Sting Gray which has been in production for some time now. There’s absolutely no reason why this color should be a holdup.

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
This is not a brand new color for FCA. Destroyer Gray is exactly the same as Sting Gray which has been in production for some time now. There’s absolutely no reason why this color should be a holdup.
I wonder if they are waiting to get a certain number of orders so that they can paint a large lot of them at the same time? My "delivery date" (what others have found to be their actual build date) is next Wednesday. Some others here were given next Thursday and Friday. Fingers crossed...

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
I wonder if they are waiting to get a certain number of orders so that they can paint a large lot of them at the same time? My "delivery date" (what others have found to be their actual build date) is next Wednesday. Some others here were given next Thursday and Friday. Fingers crossed...
Good luck @drummerchick. I ordered 3/9 and still in D as of yesterday. So I certainly hope your build starts soon too.
Sponsored