STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
FCA is a few weeks behind on production and y’all are already jumping ship to wait until 2019? 2019s won’t be hitting dealer lots until December if you’re lucky. That’s over 7-8 months from now. I’m hopeful Sting-Grays will start hitting dealerships in May, possibly June. That’s 1-2 months from now.
patience-you-must-have-my-young-padawan-marmagennratar-17758009.png
I've been told by my dealer that mine, which I ordered 3/9, will probably be a "May build" meaning it'll likely be delivered later May early June.
Sponsored

jstew182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Sting-Gray
I have the same thought.. but I am nervous about etorque on the 2019s. I think I would just like to stick to a 2018 without it.
Is the etorque engine going to be the base engine in the 2019's?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Sting-Gray as a colour is a bonus for me. I had originally intended to order Billet Silver, but the day I placed my order, Sting-Gray became available! This shade is somehow very exciting for me! Enough so that I created a web site to celebrate it!

However, I was also interested in new technology — I'm frequently an early-adopter — so I ordered the 2.0L Turbo as well... Production with that drivetrain was apparently only starting this week anyways. My dealer told me 10-12 weeks and it has now been 4. If I see that new beauty before mid-June, I will be a very happy camper! Oh, and I only ordered black Freedom top and black fenders.

So, my patience continues. I've compiled a long list of JPP and other aftermarket accessories to compliment it. For now, I'm drooling over photos...
Sheesh-Sting-Gray.jpg

OP
OP
OH Bandit

OH Bandit

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 23 Jeep JT Willys
Several members have been given tentative "ship" build dates of next week. They will either introduce the new color next week or not. Everything else is a parts shortage that affects all colors. Any parts shortage will push all builds down - even 2019's until it is resolved.

I am still banking that SG gets added to the mix this month.

Sponsored

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
This may be the worst "picture" thread in the history of internet forums.
Add least you added to it constructively ;)

It's not our fault there is only one of these, and it's at a dealership with terrible photographers and in showroom lighting.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
I am not making any assumptions about Sting-Gray timing until the first one rolls down the line. It's what I want and I want it as soon as I can get it whenever that is. I have been waiting 5 years to get this Jeep I can wait a few more months if I have to.
!00% spot on _ been waiting forever for the new model - can definitely wait a little longer.

3l3ments

First Name
Taylor Th omas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I ordered my string ray gray 2 days ago though dealer told me today it’s in D status now with a vin. I will be moving from Kentucky to Texas Aug 1. Dealer told me end of June I just pray it’s before I have to leave for Texas haha

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
Was the Nissani Sting Gray sold yet? Would be great to get the buyer to post additional pics. At the rate we're going it's gonna be a while before we can look our own