Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Right but if I can’t have it till July, I would rather wait till August and have a 2019....
I hear what you are saying but my understanding is that Job 1 for 2019 is in October.
Sponsored

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Right but if I can’t have it till July, I would rather wait till August and have a 2019....
Unless there are a 100,000 other people thinking the same thing and your August becomes December or February...

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Spoke with general manager of my local Chrysler store, he happens to be a personal friend of mine and let me know that he would cancel my order and let me order a different color or re-order next quarter when more options become available. His regional representative for Chrysler canceled all of his allocations for the gray from last quarter and let him re-order in a different color. ***** he also let me know the at the end of this quarter he can start ordering 2019’s so if I just wait 80 days to re-order my Sting-gray Rubicon will be A 2019 and will come the same time all of the 2018‘s arrive so...
2019 JL orders begin 9/13. I keep going back-and-forth on waiting or not. I don’t know if I want the eTorque or not though.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear what you are saying but my understanding is that Job 1 for 2019 is in October.
Not sure what Job 1 means but the 2019 production is scheduled to begin 10/29.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To each there own - it's not like they go down in value or the 2019's will have a bunch of new features. If anything, the 2019 will have yet another price increase. Luckily my order came in under the wire on the March price increase.

For me and my four daughters, we'll take ours for June to August when they are out of school.
The big change for 2019 is the Pentastar V6 is going eTorque and the diesel will be introduced so another price increase is probable.

Sponsored

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Spoke with general manager of my local Chrysler store, he happens to be a personal friend of mine and let me know that he would cancel my order and let me order a different color or re-order next quarter when more options become available. His regional representative for Chrysler canceled all of his allocations for the gray from last quarter and let him re-order in a different color. ***** he also let me know the at the end of this quarter he can start ordering 2019’s so if I just wait 80 days to re-order my Sting-gray Rubicon will be A 2019 and will come the same time all of the 2018‘s arrive so...

tenor.gif

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
Order was placed on 3/27
Fully loaded Sting Gray JLUR
Dual Top
Color Match Fenders and Top
A week and a day later see below email when inquiring abut a VIN

==================================================================

Thank you for your reply!

I am unsure of who informed you 6-8 weeks but when you place a new
factory order for any new FCA US LLC vehicle, the typical delivery is
approximately 10-12 weeks. Please be advised that this timing should be
taken as an approximation only. Based upon vehicle demand and parts
availability, this delivery time can be extended to accommodate these
circumstances.

With that being said, you must also factor in that this is an all-new
model launch - at the beginning of any new model launch things are taken
a lot slower at the factory which can extend the order to delivery
timing as well; we call this "launch mode".

As previously advised, I would encourage you to contact me back in
mid/late-May for updates, as I would be happy to keep you apprised of
the production progress of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
order.

You are always welcome to reply back to this email and we will respond
back to you as promptly as we can. If you prefer, you can also call us
directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by
calling 1-877-426-5337.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Somewhat productive day. A local dealer unwilling to deal a month ago is now dealing better than the deal I took two weeks ago. Went to my dealer today to poke them a little, said I would cancel since I’m only two weeks in, and they matched. Also was able to get my VIN today.

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Order was placed on 3/27
Fully loaded Sting Gray JLUR
Dual Top
Color Match Fenders and Top
A week and a day later see below email when inquiring abut a VIN

==================================================================

Thank you for your reply!

I am unsure of who informed you 6-8 weeks but when you place a new
factory order for any new FCA US LLC vehicle, the typical delivery is
approximately 10-12 weeks. Please be advised that this timing should be
taken as an approximation only. Based upon vehicle demand and parts
availability, this delivery time can be extended to accommodate these
circumstances.

With that being said, you must also factor in that this is an all-new
model launch - at the beginning of any new model launch things are taken
a lot slower at the factory which can extend the order to delivery
timing as well; we call this "launch mode".

As previously advised, I would encourage you to contact me back in
mid/late-May for updates, as I would be happy to keep you apprised of
the production progress of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
order.

You are always welcome to reply back to this email and we will respond
back to you as promptly as we can. If you prefer, you can also call us
directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by
calling 1-877-426-5337.
Yeah these keeps color matched aren’t happening for this model year! 5,000 plus and there still not done with basic painted tops and fenders, also the retooling the entire plant for the new scrambler that’s going to be available for order in a few months... I bet they push color to next year like the Green

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
I would like to know the current demand for the JL compared to same time last year demand for the JK's, or to be fair 2 years ago - well before the JL release.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I would like to know the current demand for the JL compared to same time last year demand for the JK's, or to be fair 2 years ago - well before the JL release.
Well the demand has always been strong. Generally the Wrangler has always been constrained - demand outstrips supply. That is why resale is so good.

They did just have their best month ever so there is that.

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
40C446BC-117B-4645-99C5-FDC63C435FE2.png
Not sure where your dealer is getting their info. Someone posted this pic in the same page as your post. It does not indicate that you will be able to order a 2019 at the end of this quarter.

Also, what other options become available next quarter? Where are you getting the info that the Sting-Gray color won't arrive till the 2019s?

I realize this guy is your friend, but I feel like his info needs vetted to say the least.

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Not sure where your dealer is getting their info. Someone posted this pic in the same page as your post. It does not indicate that you will be able to order a 2019 at the end of this quarter.

Also, what other options become available next quarter? Where are you getting the info that the Sting-Gray color won't arrive till the 2019s?

I realize this guy is your friend, but I feel like his info needs vetted to say the least.
No I was saying that more than likely that color will not be offered until the 2019’s since they haven’t started production on the paint color yet and they’re still waiting on the blue and another colors painted hard tops and painted fenders to be produced. He’s not saying that it won’t be available in a 2018 he’s just literally telling me I would be better off if I waited and third-quarter 2018 ordered a 2019 that would arrive before the end of the year

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Either way he still doesn’t have any of the jeeps he ordered in the new blue or any of the Rubicon she ordered with matching hard tops and LED packages some of which he ordered 60 days ago, so basic math would say I’m probably not going to get my JL until about 90 to 120 days after I ordered the vehicle which would put me getting my vehicle in the third quarter of 2018, that would be 60 days prior to the 2019 is being delivered to dealerships which means I could order a 2019 and have the new model year the same time essentially I would get my 2018.

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
No I was saying that more than likely that color will not be offered until the 2019’s since they haven’t started production on the paint color yet and they’re still waiting on the blue and another colors painted hard tops and painted fenders to be produced. He’s not saying that it won’t be available in a 2018 he’s just literally telling me I would be better off if I waited and third-quarter 2018 ordered a 2019 that would arrive before the end of the year
We're taking about Sting-Gray color right? Where is the information "more than likely that color will not be offered until the 2019’s" coming from? I'm pretty sure many on this thread would be very interested to learn that the color we all ordered will not begin production until the 2019 my...
Sponsored