Willys Edition JL Club Thread

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
One touch is aaamazing. Had a hardtop on the Sarah we had which you can’t beat for less road noise, better security, better comfort and better looks (when off) in my opinion BUT the convenience of one touch wins over all the better aspects listed above. We had a very difficult time deciding on the Willys which top to go with, we took a chance and have no regrets whatsoever. A little less space as soft top when opened and you can’t remove the back glass but you can remove rear side glass which is kinda cool. Being able to go topless at the touch of a button makes for more way more top off time then we were able to do before. It feels like all the other negatives against it were outweighed by this ability.
Very tempting! You know if you can order just that top alone, or must get in sun package with audio? Also where’d you get the painted fenders?
Sponsored

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Willys
Very tempting! You know if you can order just that top alone, or must get in sun package with audio? Also where’d you get the painted fenders?
From what I remember when I was looking the one touch top only came with the sun and sound package. It is an excellent deal though because on the models where you can order it a la carte it is around a $4k option and for the same price for the sun and sound package you get the one touch top, 8.4 inch screen AND alpine audio 😎🤘.

I bought some Sahara take off led drl painted fenders locally and swapped them out.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread F08C5531-E47C-4494-B01E-72F6715E473E

She sure cleaned up nicely after some off-road fun last weekend in NW Arkansas. Very muddy trails and dirt roads with lots of steep grades. Willys handled everything like a freaking champ. These M/T2 tires laugh at mud and dirt.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
From what I remember when I was looking the one touch top only came with the sun and sound package. It is an excellent deal though because on the models where you can order it a la carte it is around a $4k option and for the same price for the sun and sound package you get the one touch top, 8.4 inch screen AND alpine audio 😎🤘.

I bought some Sahara take off led drl painted fenders locally and swapped them out.
Awesome looks great. Would probably do the same exact setup you got. Think it even looks better than the rubicon love the black wheels and grill.

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Jumped a wire from the halo light to the fender light and changed the fender lights to oracle switchbacks. Now they turn on when the halo turns on.

Will probably look better in the evening
02E7C899-F9B7-4299-A80A-B7F5B172017A.jpeg
Installed the Diode Dynamic led side markers today to complete the look I like. Gets rid of the ugly amber during the day.

5E19001D-CCF7-41C8-8F9E-5DB5EAA45E5A.jpeg

0595915F-0186-4361-9056-3A7690DE5D05.jpeg

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Installed the Diode Dynamic led side markers today to complete the look I like. Gets rid of the ugly amber during the day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 0595915F-0186-4361-9056-3A7690DE5D05

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 0595915F-0186-4361-9056-3A7690DE5D05
Looks awesome! If I want to keep the functionality the same as stock, but simply switch the halogen fender lights to LED, is this something I can do? Just looking for plug and play don't want to run any new wiring.

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Looks awesome! If I want to keep the functionality the same as stock, but simply switch the halogen fender lights to LED, is this something I can do? Just looking for plug and play don't want to run any new wiring.
Yes. I would recommend Oracle Switchbacks. No resistors, just plug and play.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Willys
Yes this can be done by buying either fenders with led drls in them or just the led light drl unit itself and switching them out with the halogens. They do plug and play but you will need a Tazer mini to activate them through the JLs computer.

operator22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Yes this can be done by buying either fenders with led drls in them or just the led light drl unit itself and switching them out with the halogens. They do plug and play but you will need a Tazer mini to activate them through the JLs computer.
Not unless you want to replace your fenders with Rubi style hi-line fenders. The LEDs don't fit the housing in the lo-line fenders. Researching an alternative but it will still involve replacing the fenders we have.

303StingGray

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy 2dr
Alright Willy's experts, I am trying to find out if picking up JLU Rubicon Eco suspension is worth it? Local guy has springs/shocks/LCA's/ sway bar endlinks for a great price. The spring numbers seem completely different then the 60/61 90/91 spring numbers from other threads I have read. I just want a little bump up and using factory stuff is appealing. Any advice or help would be great. Thanks.

Sponsored

fsusp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher, Golf Coach
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 7BF394A0-90F7-4A40-B40C-AC881F27A680

It is so damn beautiful today, that I finally got to use the sky top and open all the windows. It is supposed to pour Thursday, so I didn’t bother taking the doors off.

I seem to find excuses to run errands with this Jeep—I never did that with a car before.

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy’s
I just finished my Willys unlimited to Rubi spring upgrade. My before measurements were 36 1/2 for left and right fronts and 36 7/8 for left and right rear. Went up exactly one inch all around.

Stock Willys springs were 58/59 front and 88/89 rear. Found Rubi takeoffs 60/61 and 90/91. Exactly two number increase all around. I am very happy with the look and improved ride.

Rick
I found Rubi takeoffs (61/62 and 91/92) for my ‘20 Willys 4Dr. Most people have mention the 60/61 and 90/91 stock numbers. Any idea what the difference is for the next numbers higher?

nonebeter99

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Jumped a wire from the halo light to the fender light and changed the fender lights to oracle switchbacks. Now they turn on when the halo turns on.

Will probably look better in the evening
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 7BF394A0-90F7-4A40-B40C-AC881F27A680
This looks awesome! I ordered the Oracle Switchbacks and Diode Dynamics clear corners. I've got the same factory LED setup so I plan to run the hot wire from the Halo to the DRL. Any issues you ran into while installing? Or issues now that they are installed? Does anyone know if this sort of modification would jeopardize the factory warranty?

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Thanks. Install is real easy. One wire for each light. Not sure a tech would even notice unless working on the headlight harness. Took me about and hour. Probably could do it in 30 if I did it again.

Rlhdude

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Limited Willys
I found Rubi takeoffs (61/62 and 91/92) for my ‘20 Willys 4Dr. Most people have mention the 60/61 and 90/91 stock numbers. Any idea what the difference is for the next numbers higher?
You are looking at another half inch gain in height. Which is nice
Sponsored