Northridge4x4's Firecracker Red 2018 JLUR Build

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
We finished off the install with a bright red Maximus fairlead and a Factor55 Flatlink hook.

The WARN Zeon 10-S is a tight fit, but gotta say that WARN did a great job with the JL Rubicon winch plate, everything went together smoothly.

Here is a quick AFTER shot:

After-sml.jpg
Can you elaborate on the "tight fit"? Is that between the frame rails, front to back, etc.? Also, did you have to modify ANYTHING to make that combo work? I've got the JCR Plate coming on Monday and have the Warn 10s as well. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
nothing had to be modified . by tight fit there is not much room inside the plate to get your hands and tools in to tighten everything up.

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
There there is an insert inside the warm 10S box advising to call warn before install on JLs. Any idea why?

9F7C868A-47B4-4E3A-803E-15C74AC45496.jpeg

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Side rails ? Have you found any that work as steps with no gaps. Where you don’t have to remove the stock rock rails

Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
There there is an insert inside the warm 10S box advising to call warn before install on JLs. Any idea why?

I would guess the why is Stated on the insert. :clap: My guess is that the mounting brackets were for a JK and maybe you need different ones for the JL. I would be curious if they charge you for these extra parts or they ship them to you free.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team

We received more info from WARN and it is addressed in this thread: WARN ZEON Winch Notice

Basically it is in regards to the throw of the engagement lever. To work within the confines of the OE Rubicon winch bumper, the engagement lever needs to only turn 90*. The new ZEONs are already modified, anyone with an older ZEON can get a free conversion kit from WARN.

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
Thinking of getting the same rims. Can we get a picture from the front of the JL to see the 0 offset, and how much they stickout? Do they not come with centercaps?

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Thinking of getting the same rims. Can we get a picture from the front of the JL to see the 0 offset, and how much they stickout? Do they not come with centercaps?
I was going to ask a something similar - what are the specs on those wheels, and what is your new overall width and height? Thanks!

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Here's a front view, but it might not be the best view if you are wondering how far the tires stick out from the flares.

Front-view.jpg

This view might be a little better. The tires do stick out from the flares some, but not a lot.

Side-view.jpg

I was going to ask a something similar - what are the specs on those wheels, and what is your new overall width and height? Thanks!

Over All Height: 77"
With EVO 2.5" boost and 37x12.50 Milestar Patagonia tires.

OaH.jpg

Outside of tire bulge to outside of tire at the bulge: 82"
**Total eyeball measurement**

OoT.jpg

Sponsored

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Great info, thanks!

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
We attended the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, UT last week and the JL performed quite awesome for only having a 2.5" EVO boost and 37" tires (and no added gearing).

Potato Salad Hill:

PotSaladHill.jpg

Hell's Gate on Hell's Revenge:

HellsGate.jpg

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Front-view-nocaps.jpg

We pulled the end caps off when we hit Moab, looks a bit tougher with the stubby bumper look.

A full write-up on the WARN winch mounting plate and Zeon 10-S install can be found Here on the JL Forum and on our blog site www.NorthridgeNation.com.

Techknowguy

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock
Love this build!

I have the same JLUR (Firecracker Red matching top and fenders) on order and am looking at the EVO 2.5” Stage 2 boost for my lift.

May I ask- what size wheels and offset are you running?

I plan to run 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17” wheels, want to make sure they will fit and look right. Looks like your setup has just the right combo!

Thanks

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Love this build!

I have the same JLUR (Firecracker Red matching top and fenders) on order and am looking at the EVO 2.5” Stage 2 boost for my lift.

May I ask- what size wheels and offset are you running?

I plan to run 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17” wheels, want to make sure they will fit and look right. Looks like your setup has just the right combo!

Thanks
The wheels are KMC XD231 beadlock wheels: 17"x8.5" with a 4-3/4" backspace.

Those Nittos Ridge Grapplers are great tires too! We've got them in both the 37" D sidewall and the 37" E sidewall flavor.
Sponsored