MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
The Rubin Recon edition came with red belts. maybe you can order them through the dealer?
Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE Edition JL Club Thread Used-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-Rubicon-Recon
You can! I'm trying to see if I could get them for when I get my Jeep, ordering next year.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Im loving the blue! but actually the locker switch trim is red. Ill probably change that some how!
Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE Edition JL Club Thread Used-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-Rubicon-Recon
Hydrodip, paint, plastidip, or something. Surely it can be done.

Sponsored

AndyF

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Durango SRT. 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Hello all,
New to the forum, and a great resource so thank you..

I ordered mine on 11-6 the day ordering opened. Black, sky one touch, safety, cold weather, and all the other stuff that was standard on the Sahara (leather, 8.4, LED, etc).

I have a VIN, and it's in status D (step 2 of 12) which my dealer tells me means it's a confirmed order, no delays, and a estimated completion date should be coming soon.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
fleet vehicle....no way it only goes 25 miles on a full charge.
Plus when you don’t buy gas you, don’t pay the tacked on tax that funds road construction. So there is a penalty here in Ohio you get whacked with at years end.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
fleet vehicle....no way it only goes 25 miles on a full charge.
Plus when you don’t buy gas you, don’t pay the tacked on tax that funds road construction. So there is a penalty here in Ohio you get whacked with at years end.
What penalty is that? I never saw a penalty with a Civic hybrid (early 2000's). Is this something new, and how would it be assessed?
For example I drive maybe 6,000 miles per year. If someone else drives 12,000 per year, but they buy a hybrid which results in fuel usage typical of 9,000 gas only miles, why would they be taxed/charge when they still spent more on fuel than me (and subsequently paid more taxes)?
I've never seeing a box on the tax form that ask how many miles you drive every year, nor if you have a hybrid. Seems hard to asses this fee. Likewise the vehicle registration doesn't specify gas, electric, hybrid or diesel.
I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying I haven't heard of it, and I'm curious how it could possibly be assessed and charged. When and how are you "whacked with" it at years end?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
The only thing I don't really like about the 4xe is that you have to plug it in to recharge (at least that's how I understand it so far). I wish it was like the Civic that recharges from friction when braking, and IIRC a trickle when using the gas engine. You could then run you estimated 25 pure electric miles without drawing from any outside sources, which truly makes it greener.

On the topic of greener, I'm surprised they didn't choose green accents instead of blue ones for that reason. Although I'm glad they didn't because I really like the blue (which is why I previously accented my JL with blue).