Sponsored

OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
Few more pics from yesterday outside and a quick shot of the tan leather. So glad I waited for the Ocean Blue. Still can't get over it!

IMG_3967.JPG

IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_3970.JPG

IMG_3971.JPG
Any chance for more pics? Very close to ordering, very curious about tan interior!

Some questions: with the tan leather interior what color is the stitching? Is the stitching on the steering wheel and other remaining black leather still red? What is your overall feeling after some time with the Rubi with the interior colors? I used to have a tan interior TJ and everything was the same tan color, not sure about the black/tan combination.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I used to have a tan interior TJ and everything was the same tan color, not sure about the black/tan combination.
I feel the same way as you. I would have wanted the tan interior if they had also changed some interior trim pieces to match it. With the way they implemented this option it looks like I went to a salvage yard and pulled seats out of another vehicle and just bolted them into mine.

I love the look of the tan interior with certain colors, I am just not a fan of the way Jeep implemented the option.

MerciiRubii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 OB Rubicon JL
I feel the same way as you. I would have wanted the tan interior if they had also changed some interior trim pieces to match it. With the way they implemented this option it looks like I went to a salvage yard and pulled seats out of another vehicle and just bolted them into mine.

I love the look of the tan interior with certain colors, I am just not a fan of the way Jeep implemented the option.

I didn’t know how I felt about it either I haven’t gotten mine yet but I couldn’t deal with the black and red and black, and I think the Black and Tan add a unique feature, but it’s just personal preference I think

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Glad I’m not the only one and I’m very unsure of why Jeep did that, and it sucks you can’t change it with the Sahara color scheme, or choose not to the have the color like they did with the interior when you’re ordering it from the manufacturer

Are you going to change the tow hooks and side emblems?
I dont mind the red with the blue. I will live with it, UNTIL everything is available to replace every red thing there is. I'm switching the red to lime green (jeep gecko green). Sounds crazy I know, but I love lime green against the blue purple. The lettering outline, emblems, tow hooks, red dash ect all going lime green. I can't wait to switch it all over. And the red stitching? Thats going black.

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
I dont mind the red with the blue. I will live with it, UNTIL everything is available to replace every red thing there is. I'm switching the red to lime green (jeep gecko green). Sounds crazy I know, but I love lime green against the blue purple. The lettering outline, emblems, tow hooks, red dash ect all going lime green. I can't wait to switch it all over. And the red stitching? Thats going black.
I've seen the tan interior and it's just too light in color. Not a fan of all the red either, so I'll be changing the red dash to Ocean Blue metallic as well as the tow hooks. I ordered cloth seats(black) and will get Katzskin leather seats black with blue stitching and piping and blue down the center of the seat. They may cost a bit more than the Jeep leather but I'll be getting what I want. Will change the lettering as well at some point.

Would have made more sense for Jeep to offer same color dash as exterior color. Wonder who's bright idea it was for a red dash??

Sponsored

MerciiRubii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 OB Rubicon JL
Glad I’m not the only one and I’m very unsure of why Jeep did that, and it sucks you can’t change it with the Sahara color scheme, or choose not to the have the color like they did with the interior when you’re ordering it from the manufacturer

Are you going to change the tow hooks and side emblems?
I've seen the tan interior and it's just too light in color. Not a fan of all the red either, so I'll be changing the red dash to Ocean Blue metallic as well as the tow hooks. I ordered cloth seats(black) and will get Katzskin leather seats black with blue stitching and piping and blue down the center of the seat. They may cost a bit more than the Jeep leather but I'll be getting what I want. Will change the lettering as well at some point.

Would have made more sense for Jeep to offer same color dash as exterior color. Wonder who's bright idea it was for a red dash??
That sounds cool, yeah the red period is just a no bueno in my opinion. I don’t get who thought of red to begin with all over the car. Just more money like you said!

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
FCAU results came out yesterday, and lets just say they were phenomenal. Overal, Jeep sales up 45% to 98,382 vehicles for its best month ever. Jeep Wrangler sales rose 70% to 27,829, also the best month ever for Wrangler sales. Overall FCAU sales increased 14% vs 1.9% estimate.

I think it is fair to say the JL is a hit and that this is a large reason for the delays in production we are seeing.

vtech243

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL & BMW X3 M40i
I’ve been lurking on this thread — I placed an order for Ocean Blue Rubicon on 3/24. I’m doing FULL blue (top + fenders) which is a little bit of a gamble for me since I’ve never seen one in person & a little turned off by the red dash (I’ve only seen the dash on firecracker red in person). Got everything except the AUX switch package. Super excited but my dealer has been radio silent since I placed the order. Look forward to complaining with all of you here. If anyone has FULL blue pics I’d love to see them!

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
I ordered full Blue Rubi on 3/3
Well, yours should come in before mine, I ordered on 3-30 full Blue Rubi...please post photos when yours comes in

Sponsored

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
Schmeegz, Your VON # may be one of the earliest Full Blue Rubi's. I would think this puts you up front in the drivers seat. I was holding out on the Mojhito but was concerned on the lack of metal flake and jumped ship. I also ordered on 3/24 as vtech243 did, but there's apparently been a hold due until of late due to tops and such being available. Maybe our Three Full Blue Rubi's will be on the same North east carrier in time for spring :sun:

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
GoBlue, It's always spring and summer in Florida ;) Not sure how the Wranglers are shipped. I've heard Train but I'm not totally positive if it's that way in each direction. BTW has any Full Blue here made D1 status yet?

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
I haven't heard a thing from my dealer....I found out through Jeep Chat about my Vin....yes sir weather is not so bad down here....but still envy you northerners for your trails....I have to go to IL to get my first jeep...so I will get to see some of those sites on my way down...not sure where I will sleep there's always the back of the jeep lol or maybe some of my fellow Firefighters will let me crash at there stations...lol