smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ordered 2/12. Been at D1 for 15 days. Talked to jeep chat and they said they couldn't give me an estimated delivery date until I've moved past D1. Not sure why others are given estimated dates at this stage.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ordered 2/12. Been at D1 for 15 days. Talked to jeep chat and they said they couldn't give me an estimated delivery date until I've moved past D1. Not sure why others are given estimated dates at this stage.
There are dates in the system, not all choose to share them apparently. I assume because these ETA's are constantly changing.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked Autonation. Across the country they have 25 Punk'n Wranglers on their web search, all are listed as "In Transit"
WRANGLER RUBICON (1)
WRANGLER SPORT (1)
WRANGLER SPORT S (1)
WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON (7)
WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA (5)
WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT (4)
WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT S (6)
That’s funny, I did the same thing last night. I was hoping maybe on of the JLUR would be mine and the tracking sheets were wrong, no much luck lol.

I did not go through them yet to see if they had LEDs, Painted fenders, painted tops, or dual top groups yet. Those were holdup items, so if we start to see those move I will have a little more hope. Also, would be nice if we could see if these are customer orders and when the order was placed. Or if they are dealer stock. The prices were on the low side, so they are not fully loaded by any means.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I'm also in D1 but no "Delivery Date". The date that is provided is "Estimated Ship Date" which, according to others here, is the date they "build" your Jeep! Don't ask; I don't get it either!

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just checked Autonation. Across the country they have 25 Punk'n Wranglers on their web search, all are listed as "In Transit"
WRANGLER RUBICON (1)
WRANGLER SPORT (1)
WRANGLER SPORT S (1)
WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON (7)
WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA (5)
WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT (4)
WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT S (6)
Good find! I checked three of the tracking numbers (all of the manual transmissions) and no window sticker for any of them. They are all stuck in D or D1 like ours! :)

Bluegoose972

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red, 1966 Mustang Convertible (rebuilding)
Went into D1 tonight. Being optimistic.
The FCA gods are messing with me. Jeep Chat told me last night I had moved into D1. This is my second time in D1, so I even waited a couple of hours and checked again. Still in D1. Get up this morning and just for the heck of it....I check and sure enough, I'm back into D. Serves me right for checking three times in about 12 hours! LMAO

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The FCA gods are messing with me. Jeep Chat told me last night I had moved into D1. This is my second time in D1, so I even waited a couple of hours and checked again. Still in D1. Get up this morning and just for the heck of it....I check and sure enough, I'm back into D. Serves me right for checking three times in about 12 hours! LMAO
Sorry if I jinxed you! This seems to be a game that is played with the status. I have heard you can escalate if in D for 30 days. They must have a system that monitors this causing them to move many to D1 and then back to D. At least this is my guess.

In all reality we just have to wait until mid April to see if they start running Punk'n down the line. Although a few have been sent through they are holding the bulk of them for this later date. (Unless they push that date).

I would not even bother checking until mid April.

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Sorry if I jinxed you! This seems to be a game that is played with the status. I have heard you can escalate if in D for 30 days. They must have a system that monitors this causing them to move many to D1 and then back to D. At least this is my guess.

In all reality we just have to wait until mid April to see if they start running Punk'n down the line. Although a few have been sent through they are holding the bulk of them for this later date. (Unless they push that date).

I would not even bother checking until mid April.
They did escalate mine as it has been in D1 for over 30 days and they did send a email the next day.

Dear Customer:

Case #: 33736332
VIN:
Vehicle Description:

Hello I am emailing you today as I have received an answer as to why your vehicles production is taking so long...... Consumers vehicle was ordered in the Punk'n Metallic Clear Coat which does not begin production until April. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April/early-May for an update.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did escalate mine as it has been in D1 for over 30 days and they did send a email the next day.

Dear Customer:

Case #: 33736332
VIN:
Vehicle Description:

Hello I am emailing you today as I have received an answer as to why your vehicles production is taking so long...... Consumers vehicle was ordered in the Punk'n Metallic Clear Coat which does not begin production until April. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April/early-May for an update.
Yes some they seem to "escalate" others they don't. Either way the status is the same and any date given can change at any time. So basically I would not even bother getting excited until it moves out of D and D1 into Framing (E I think). Even then they can not update things and you may be told you are in D or D1 and then all of a sudden be told it is shipping or at the dealer lot.

From all I have read over these forums it appears that their status really does not mean anything. What will mean something is when it is at the dealer lot. At least that is the way I am looking at it.

Sponsored

mtnsurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Ford Expedition, 2018 JLUR Punk'n
Just got off of jeep chat and they said the delay for my order is due to the premium black sunrider softop.

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
Just got off of jeep chat and they said the delay for my order is due to the premium black sunrider softop.
Thank you for the update Mtn Surfer.

So let's recap the information received by all the great poeple on this forum
  1. Delay due to Colour matching hard top and fenders
  2. Delay due to dual top selections
  3. Delay due to bad control chips for the dash and various other components (Not to mention the start/stop button)
  4. Delay due to premium black sunrider soft top.
  5. Delay due to LED light production
  6. Delay due to production on Punk'n Metalic paint
  7. Yet 27,829 Jeeps sold in the month of March '18 (JK & JL product lines combined)

Looks like this community is just ordering way too many wranglers and FCA & their suppliers can't keep up with demand or Jeep Chat has a list on their board to pick from when all of us inquire.

Not meant as a bomb in the thread but if all the delay excuses are true what did all of us buy ?

Please add to the above if I have missed things from the delay list or ping me if I am out of order.

Don't get me wrong I would rather have a complete vehicle void of any bugs, but I think any and all of us just want the truth and a realistic arrival date for our next adventure.

Last edited:

TraktorE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well it seems Jeep Chat is randomly iterating between color, premium soft top and LED lights as reasons for being delayed. Got told this morning that JEEP Brand said LED was holding mine up and there are no possibilities to escalate...

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Sales-Figures-Numbers-Record-864x520.jpg

How about a game all to take our mind off things.
Where's Waldo (or Colour hard tops)

I see 5 Coloured hard tops in the group (one is mismatched)

Anyone find more?

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
Well it seems Jeep Chat is randomly iterating between color, premium soft top and LED lights as reasons for being delayed. Got told this morning that JEEP Brand said LED was holding mine up and there are no possibilities to escalate...
Thank you TracktorE I have updated the list.
Sponsored