EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Went up a size in tires with new wheels, took her out for a road trip, now the shifting is not perfect as before and seems she will have to go to dealer for those adjustments. I’m not surprised as many here have spoke of it. I just want to say it doesn’t take much to affect things. 285/70/17s on method wheels. Good news is no rubbing, looks good.
loss 2 mpgs for what it’s worth.
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 49C89B7F-51B6-4C40-8CE9-973C2F3EBA8A
Sponsored

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
From a base sport the adjustment in shifting is pretty pronounced going to 33s (not real noticeable for Sahara given factory 32s)

your gas mileage calculation needs to be adjusted too....need to multiply the guard reading by tire diameter ratio change (probably around 6% off so that alone makes it read 1.2 mpg falsely low)

Went up a size in tires with new wheels, took her out for a road trip, now the shifting is not perfect as before and seems she will have to go to dealer for those adjustments. I’m not surprised as many here have spoke of it. I just want to say it doesn’t take much to affect things. 285/70/17s on method wheels. Good news is no rubbing, looks good.
loss 2 mpgs for what it’s worth.
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 49C89B7F-51B6-4C40-8CE9-973C2F3EBA8A

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
So the shifting in the automatic in the Willys (2020) seemed off just enough to have it updated. It ran the 32”s as well. I’m waiting for the cold air induction first, then hopefully I can leave it alone, ......except for the led lights it needs, and maybe the headliner to cool it down a bit, low desert is exceptionally hot.

Sponsored

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Jose Dos (my JK was Jose.....yes, we name our vehicles.) arrived yesterday. Gave him a good coat of Mequire's Ultimate liquid wax today to get ready for winter. Heading to New Hampshire Oil Undercoating next week for rustproofing. Definitely a major improvement over the JK.
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 121736038_1307692949594934_5995319552297723906_n

Sponsored

NHjeepingJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club Jeep 5

@ThirtyOne

I have an amazing idea (at least I think so) what if you could get this produced as a replacement for the trail rated badge!!! In two options..... the normal red and black and then one in gray and black. Then we could replace the trail rated badge with these! I have no idea how hard that would be but I would definitely change out my trail rated badges for one!

HAve these been made i am interested in one