Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Order submitted today! Now the agonizing 2 month wait.....at the least hoping to have by Christmas.

Debated Sting Gray versus Granite Crystal but the Sting Gray was speaking to me :) Also, really like how the black top works with the Sting Gray and gives a nice contrast. I felt like the black blended in too much with the granite crystal color.

Will probably pass the time searching through the 600+ pages in this thread looking for accessory ideas :)

asni13

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Order submitted today! Now the agonizing 2 month wait.....at the least hoping to have by Christmas.

Debated Sting Gray versus Granite Crystal but the Sting Gray was speaking to me :) Also, really like how the black top works with the Sting Gray and gives a nice contrast. I felt like the black blended in too much with the granite crystal color.

Will probably pass the time searching through the 600+ pages in this thread looking for accessory ideas :)
I was in the same boat between granite crystal and sting gray. I started out dead set on white because the Jeep I drove for 11 years was white and that was always my dream Jeep. A couple weeks of searching and the granite spoke to me for a change. The day I went to make a decision Sting Gray popped out at me and I ordered that day. Impatiently waiting for it to get here!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I know this post was a couple years ago but guessing this is something people still wrestle with. I know it was probably the thing I went back and forth on most before just placing my order a couple days ago.

I think my biggest problem is that this a cool vehicle, looks good either way and I really dig both looks. So clearly there is no wrong answer and comes down to personal preference.

I stared at videos and pictures like crazy trying to decide what I liked best lol. Where I eventually got to is that I liked the way the black top worked with the other black accents like the mirrors, hood vents & latches, door handles, etc. It just felt like it balanced it out and offered some contrast.

Also, I feel like black top just kinda looks more like a jeep with a top that is supposed to come off. I guess I felt like the color matched top made it look more like every other SUV out there and not much different from the rest of the jeep line like the Liberty, Cherokee or other similar vehicles.

Overall, I think my biggest reservation on the black was mostly worries about the top fading years down the road. I'm planning to try using some ceramic sprays or 303 to keep it protected though.

I do think my feelings change a bit depending on the color though. But I think this Sting Gray color works great with the black top.

As an aside though, I did get the color matched fenders as I much prefer those to the black. Even with the painted ones there is still some black on the edges that sort of goes nice with the black top IMO.

What did you end up deciding to get?

I am about to pull the trigger and go with the GREATEST color of all, STING-GREY. Of course what else can compare.

One item I continue to go back and forth on is the roof. Ordering a Rubicon and painted fenders. What's the thoughts on the painted roof vs the black?

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Nice pics! How liking the vehicle? Still regretting the top choice?

I ordered one a few days ago that will look similar but got painted fenders with the black top. I debated it heavily also but I love the look of the black top. It breaks up the paint, matches other black accents, flows well with the Sting Gray color, gives some nice contrast and takes away the "boxy" SUV feeling IMO.

Not sure what I'll do with my tires. I'd like to upgrade them but my issue is going to be clearance into my garage. I think I'm going to only have a few inches to spare even with the stock build so 35's would probably be my absolute limit. As of now my plan is to run the stock ones until I need new tires and then I'll probably go for bigger ones.

Ordered mine 11-14-18 and it arrived 1-28-19. Worth the wait for sure. Only regrets, is not getting the painted top. I got the dual top group so when the temp comes up, I’ll be storing the hard top and installing the soft top. My wife has the white ‘18 Sahara and she wants my wheels and tires so, like a lot of other people, income tax refund will be going to 37” STT Pros and I’ll be getting the red Fuel Zephyr bead locks. The color will work well with the red accents against the gray. I already have American flag stickers for the rear side widows and the Punisher hitch cover

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club AE6CADD3-B5C6-45C3-94E2-C17B10D26D20

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club AE6CADD3-B5C6-45C3-94E2-C17B10D26D20

Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello fellow Sting Grays! I've owned mine since June 2018 and red has always been the dominant accent color. I wanted a new look and went out on a limb to change my accent color to Bikini Blue. I'm very happy with the way these two colors play off each other. The red interior stitching is still a work in progress and the seats will soon get covered.

0928200700~2.jpg

0930201008_HDR~2.jpg

0928201331_HDR~2.jpg

1007200952a_HDR.jpg

1007200956_HDR~2.jpg

1009201034a_HDR.jpg

1010200914_HDR~2.jpg

0814201214_HDR~2.jpg

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
My 2015 JK was named Jose, as of tomorrow meet Jose Dos. 2020 Sport S, V6, auto, LSD. I was trying to buy a 2021 JL in Sarge green that an area dealer had coming in but he was being stupid on pricing. So I started looking around (there's not a lot of 2 door JL's available other than Rubicons in New England area) and finally decided to get a 2020 leftover. Spent the last week haunting the internet and emailing about 20 different dealers. I found a dealer with a Sting Grey in stock that was outfitted the way I wanted it. At first I wasn't too sure about the color but the more I look at it the more I like it. Most important though, the Commander in Chief is good with the color. After some back and forth since Saturday we made a deal today. He's happy with the price, I'm happy with the price. Picking Jose Dos up tomorrow. The dealer is about 2 1/2 hours from where I live so we're going to have a nice sunny drive coming back home tomorrow afternoon.
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 5.53.29 PM