Sponsored

Boomerang Launches Tire Cover Line Designed for New Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera System

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
Press release about our new line of Jeep Wrangler JL Soft, Rigid and MasterSeries tire covers.

BOULDER, COLO. (PRWEB) MARCH 28, 2018

Boomerang Enterprises, Inc. (Boomerang), a leading manufacturer of OEM and aftermarket automotive accessories, is pleased to announce a new line of patent-pending spare tire covers designed and engineered to be fully compatible with the ParkViewĀ® rear backup camera standard on all 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLmodels.

ā€œThese tire covers give Jeep Wrangler JL owners countless ways to personalize their vehicle with high quality accessories that are specifically designed for the new Jeep Wrangler JL and JL Unlimited (JLU),ā€ says Howard Fullerton, Merchandising Manager, Quadratec. The challenge for Boomerang was to develop both soft and molded tire covers that would be fully compatible with the new rear backup camera now standard on all JL Wranglers while maintaining an exceptional fit and finish. ā€œIt is critical that the tire cover stay positioned correctly and never obstruct the view of the rear backup camera,ā€ said Chris Fischer, president of Boomerang. ā€œYou canā€™t just simply cut a hole in the middle of a tire cover and expect that to be an acceptable solution.ā€

Boomerang solved the problem with two innovations in the form of an injection-molded camera hood that is integrated into their soft vinyl fabric tire covers and a molded rubber hood grommet that is incorporated into their Rigidā„¢ and MasterSeriesā„¢ tire covers. Each is uniquely designed and keeps the tire cover properly aligned over the rear camera all while providing a clean, finished appearance.

Boomerang has three categories of new JL Wrangler spare tire covers each with several available style variations: Soft, Rigidā„¢ and fully hard shell MasterSeriesā„¢ Tire Covers.

The Wrangler JL Soft tire covers are constructed of automotive grade vinyl fabric and feature the integrated injection molded camera hood and durable double stitching available with or without screen printed graphics.

Boomerangā€™s Rigidā„¢ tire covers feature a molded thermoplastic face that is sewn to an automotive grade vinyl fabric band that covers the tireā€™s tread and secures the cover to the spare tire. The thermoplastic molded face is both impact and weather resistant and features an integrated molded rubber boot that keeps the tire cover properly aligned with the rear backup camera. They are available in either a black textured or color-matched finish with or without custom graphics.

MasterSeriesā„¢ tire covers are Boomerangā€™s top of the line fully hard shell spare tire covers. MasterSeries tire covers include either a black textured or color-matched molded thermoplastic face and are completed with a locking roll formed stainless steel ring that covers the tread and secures the face in place. The stainless steel ring includes a keyed lock for extra peace of mind and is available in polished, black powder coated or a painted-to-match finish.
Boomerangā€™s new line of Wrangler JL spare tire covers are made in the USA and are backed by a 3-year warranty. The covers are available online from authorized Boomerang resellers and select Jeep dealers nationwide. Please visit boomco.com for additional information.

Boomerang Enterprises, Inc., founded in 1995 in Boulder, Colorado, is a manufacturer of quality OEM and aftermarket automotive accessories. Boomerangā€™s manufacturing capabilities include plastic thermoforming and injection molding, industrial sewing and industrial painting. Their product offerings include spare tire covers and armrest accessories for several vehicle makes including Jeep, Hummer, Toyota, Land Rover and Ford vehicles.

rg-jl32-moj.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Mojito??? Soft top??? Clearly you must be a time traveller from the future, probably 2nd quarter of 2019 when you were able to photograph this unicorn.

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
They just had the optional flux capacitor. :like:

Hbodo08

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at this tire cover and i read some reviews where it cuts off half of the camera... Is there going to be a version two of this so the camera is the whole screen? see image
61KxDixnASL._SY88.jpg

VJ Smedlo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Copperhead AEV JKU, 2017 Chief JKU, 2018 Mojito! JLUR
You're killin' me with the Mojito tease!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomerang

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
I was looking at this tire cover and i read some reviews where it cuts off half of the camera... Is there going to be a version two of this so the camera is the whole screen? see image
61KxDixnASL._SY88.jpg
We have already addressed this issue and made the modification to our tooling.
Here is what it looks like now.
001-dash.jpg

OP
OP
Boomerang

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
We have Soft, Rigid and MasterSeries tire covers available. All are available with or without graphics.

Soft are vinyl fabric with our integrated camera hood.
Rigid have a molded thermoplastic face and soft vinyl band over the tread.
MasterSeries are hard shell covers: molded face and locking stainless steel ring.
The rings are available in polished stainless, black powder coated or painted to match.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomerang

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Thank you hopefully I will get my Jl 2 Dr soon it's only been 4 months ā˜¹and then order a cover

Jetty2727

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
We have Soft, Rigid and MasterSeries tire covers available. All are available with or without graphics.

Soft are vinyl fabric with our integrated camera hood.
Rigid have a molded thermoplastic face and soft vinyl band over the tread.
MasterSeries are hard shell covers: molded face and locking stainless steel ring.
The rings are available in polished stainless, black powder coated or painted to match.

Hi I am interested in a black soft cover with out any print but was unable to find this on the website. Is this something you offer as i would like to add my own custom logo.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Tried twice today to order one and froze on the Checkout Screen?!?!?!?
Sponsored